Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uk website to give a rough guide on prices

Options
  • 06-01-2018 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,Does anybody know any good site for a rough guide for for new guns. And what would be the irish markup on them

just for a bit of window shopping :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Sportsman gun centre has a nice website with a good selection, not sure how the prices compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

A lot of the Irish dealer web sites will give you the price of both new and second hand guns. You'll just need a rainy afternoon for a trawling session. You'll be surprised at some of the price differences between one Irish dealer and another.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Same thing with UK dealers.

Sportsman have a good selection of everything, but are on the slightly expensive side. I use multiple sites including Utting.co.uk for scopes and other European sites. Once i get an average price i know what i'm paying either over or under the odds.

I give out fro time to time on the prices we pay, but its mostly aimed at what we pay compared to the States, but compared to the UK we are actually cheaper on some things. CZ rimfire rifles are cheaper here than the UK, some scope brands, etc. Compared to Europe we pay far more but that is a combination of two things that i've found. Europe is a bigger market, but also the second hand market here can be artificially high and you'll find the same firearm, scope, gear for much less in Europe than you'll get it here.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭allan450

guntrader.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Visconti

Prices are much better in Uk but allow for the obvious, conversion of € to £ on your card , shipping and they will only send to a RFD so he will want a payment too.
    I found a really cheap new shotgun in the uk but when everything was added up it ended up nearly the same as here.
    Used guns in the uk are much better value than here some of the prices here are ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

I was in outdoor depot in tallaght today , and he showed me the book of prices he had. Its from this website here. The prices on the site are about 10-20 euros dearer than in his book.The dealer said that the price thats in the book is the price he sells them at
    so for people looking. these prices should be close to outdoor depot prices

https://www.akah.eu/

Advertisement