Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mower ride on - Castelgarden v Alpina

Options
  • 07-01-2018 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I am looking to purchase my first mower ride on, ideally around 19hp to suit my lawns needs. I was all set on castelgarden XT190HD due to recommendations. I then came across another mover, Alpina AT7102HCB (made by same company as castelgarden) which has basically the same spec (18.5 hp briggs and Stratton engine, 40 inch deck, hydrostatic drive etc).

The only real obvious difference I see is its grass bag is less at 260litre. The Alpina seems to be better value at around 700e less from pricing around and for now I would be more inclined to go for that. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with Alphina good or bad or anything that I may have missed that would make the better pick. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ted22_8

Nobody :eek:

I am thinking on Oleo Mac 105/18.5 mower now instead

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Never heard of Alpina, have some castlegardens here in domestic use, 15 & 20 years. Trouble free and reliable.

_Brian wrote: »
    Never heard of Alpina, have some castlegardens here in domestic use, 15 & 20 years. Trouble free and reliable.

I know a good few people with castle gardens and they give little trouble if they are minded. How big is the lawn

I know a good few people with castle gardens and they give little trouble if they are minded. How big is the lawn
    My own here is 1.1Acres, 36inch standard gearbox, B&S engine.. I reckon its 15+ years now and still on its original battery.

My own here is 1.1Acres, 36inch standard gearbox, B&S engine.. I reckon its 15+ years now and still on its original battery.

Sorry didn't mean to quote your post. If I knew the op's lawn size.mught be better equipped to give advice

• Advertisement

Sorry didn't mean to quote your post. If I knew the op's lawn size.mught be better equipped to give advice

My lawn is a little less than an acre, about 10% of it isn't flat which is why I was thinking 19hp, maybe I might get away with 16/17hp? :confused: I would like to go for B&S engine if I can. Would the ptx170hd castelgarden model be a good one for me to go for, don't want too much hp if I have no real need for it. Thanks

My lawn isn’t flat and the 13.5hp is fine.

My lawn isn’t flat and the 13.5hp is fine.

Good to know, sounds like I don't need to go to any great expense. If I even went a for 16hp then I should be safe enough to get the job done :D

Plenty good enough.

Advertisement