Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buy it direct faulty tablets

Options
  • 07-01-2018 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

Hi I bought 2 acer 10 inch tablets for my children for Christmas. After a week they were having a few issues turning on. Now a week later neither of them will turn on each time. Its very frustrating they are obviously faulty as i have tried the fix videos on youtube to reset and take battery out etc but not working. Of course my kids threw the boxes out and put them straight into the covers I bought them. I payed by paypal and have sent a report to see if anything can be done. On their website it says if its being returned it must be in original packaging with all accessories. I have the chargers they came with but the boxes are gone. Have I any chance of any type of refund?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,018 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is no requirement for items returned as faulty to have original packaging. Companies cannot define policies beyond the law when it comes to faulty items.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

L1011 wrote: »
    There is no requirement for items returned as faulty to have original packaging. Companies cannot define policies beyond the law when it comes to faulty items.

really? I just thought when it said that on their terms and conditions. If I was returning it just use ordinary box or what do you suggest? thats if they will take them back. They should though. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 69,018 ✭✭✭✭L1011

lukesmom wrote: »
    really? I just thought when it said that on their terms and conditions. If I was returning it just use ordinary box or what do you suggest? thats if they will take them back. They should though. Thanks

Any packaging sufficient to stop them being damaged in transit is enough. Not turning on every time is a definite fault, no way they can argue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

quick fix especially with cheaper android tablets. let battery drain, hold down power button for about 30 seconds and then plug in and charge until full. no.1 rule, do not use when on the power cable, usb sockets arent the strongest and can be damaged easily

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

lukesmom wrote: »

If you’re returning due to a change of mind, then yes, original packaging is typically required. But if you’re returning because of a fault, the you do not have to return it in original packaging.

Get in touch with the retailer and start the process.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

This sounds a bit weird, you're automatically leaping into aggressive territory. What did BuyItDirect say? You just say that you first sent a report to Paypal requesting what can be done? Or did I misinterpret that part.

Also, you say you actually opened up both tablets? That would be a big no-no from the retailers POV when it comes to a tablet device.

Send both tablets back to the retailer in bubble wrap and a secure box. If it's a fault they won't expect nor ask for original packaging.

It sounds a bit to me like you feel BID may refuse a refund based on a) you opened them or b) user damage of some sort. Two tablets given to children and both faulty within a week or two does sound a bit odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Did you open the back of the tablets? As in unscrew them and remove the back cover?

Advertisement