Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

shakepere...wtf

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Always liked this one from A Midsummer Night's Dream:

"And are you grown so high in his esteem because I am so dwarfish and so low? How low am I, thou painted maypole? Speak; how low am I? I am not yet so low but that my nails can reach unto thine eyes."

In other words "I'll scratch your f*cking eyes out you lanky bitch"

Human nature doesn't really change, does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

RobertKK wrote: »
    I did Romeo and Juliet for the Inter cert, the lesson there was patience would have paid off there in the end.
    Then King Lear for the Leaving Cert, the lesson there was some people tell you what you want to hear, and the people who really love you will tell you the truth.

I think he told great stories which are still relevant

Considering how old it is, Hamlet is a fairly staggering depiction of depression. The man just had an unbelievable level of insight and an eye for the human condition as well as all his fancy wordin stuff and that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

You'd think Shakespeare would have kept a standard spelling of his own name though. It is suggested he wasn't a lone author of the works (or not even the author full stop).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

I have read so many of his plays but I know I am missing out by not seeing them performed in in the flesh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

"If music be the food of love, play on" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

shuvly wrote: »
    Just cut a lemon for a wee drink and knife went to finger...was expecting a gusher...nothing...then my head launched into "if you prick me do I not bleed"....and the whole shylock thing came into my head that I had done for merchant of venice for inter cert in 1985....thats how usefull learning all that ****e was...any learning for ye lot?
    That's because
    This bond doth give thee here no jot of blood; The words expressly are 'a pound of flesh:' Take then thy bond, take thou thy pound of flesh; But, in the cutting it, if thou dost shed one drop of Christian blood, thy lands and goods are, by the laws of Venice, confiscate unto the state of Venice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

He done some great movie scripts in fairness

From the SciFi classic Forbidden Planet, and the samurai adventures Throne of Blood and Ran.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

The devil can ****e scripture for his porpoise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

somefeen wrote: »
    The devil can ****e scripture for his porpoise

ac52i.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

All that glisters is not lemon juice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

Time to get my pound of flesh, do you know you spelled his name atrociously wrong on the title?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Time to get my pound of flesh,
    You should watch Theatre of Blood sometime :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Time to get my pound of flesh, do you know you spelled his name atrociously wrong on the title?

Maybe he means, Shakes.....Spear!!!

9578941.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

A rose by any other name would still be a little cnut, looking at you saoirse.

Advertisement