Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need electrician to replace a ceramic hob with induction?

Options
  • 07-01-2018 3:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hello,

New build. I want to swap the existing built-in ceramic hob with an induction hob. The connection seems straightforward to do myself. Do I however need an electrician to do this from a compliance perspective?

Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

A competent person should be able to do this. What is important is to ensure that connections solid and tight. No conductor strands cut or damaged. Also some induction hobs are such a large load that they require a larger cable so check the kW rating and compare to the original hob.

Advertisement