Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXII - Disney Classics Showdown

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

To be clear, there's a lynch tonight, but no on thread tasks, right? So it's pretty much a blind shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭deoxygenated

Hey all, hope I’m not too tardy to the party. Contestant number 0564 is here for the Disney beauty contest! I’m of average build and weight, but I hope to wow the judges with other things.

Yes, I have read all the rules and regulations, including 5 & 13.

What things do I like? Oh, you know, happy ever after’s and once upon a time’s.

My talents? Oh, I’m shy, I’d rather not say.

How do I plan to establish world peace? Hmm...well, in your world, the answer would probably be along the lines of donating to charity or being a diplomat... but where I come from, I lynch wolves and killers! So they’d better watch their backs!

Well I meant to post that earlier but I didn't have access

No harm getting it out of the way now

Only wolves want to make normal entrance posts!

Okay, okay, I'm back to normal deoxy now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Lord TSC wrote: »
    To be clear, there's a lynch tonight, but no on thread tasks, right? So it's pretty much a blind shot?

There's a lynch tonight, no tasks, and apparently no kills this morning total shot in the dark!

There's a lynch tonight, no tasks, and apparently no kills this morning total shot in the dark!

I thought Donald and Goofy got killed

Am I misreading this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Consensus is that their deaths were flavour, and no actual players were killed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Looks like Donald and Goofy - as non-player-characters- took the hit, either because someone used a power or more likely because we didn't have a full compliment of players and there was a mod-kill before the game got going. And because no one likes Donald.

What things do I like? Oh, you know, happy ever after’s and once upon a time’s.

Rumpelstiltskin-Excited-On-Once-Upon-a-Time-Gif.gif

They seemed to be flavor characters, not genuine ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Well I meant to post that earlier but I didn't have access

No harm getting it out of the way now

Only wolves want to make normal entrance posts!

Okay, okay, I'm back to normal deoxy now

What? Just trying to get your logic here. You are not a wolf because your openning post wasn't your openning post and it aso wasnt conventional?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

That's how I see it , blind leading the blind in this lynch

• Advertisement

Come out and play, wolfies

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

really isnt much to go on at all at all

are we to take it as both teams have 4 lives as the strong man takes 2 hits to be killed

2. Captain Hook - evil pirate captain. Has a one time protect for his team mates from any action.

or is the captain hook thing a protect from the seer aswell, does hook get informed of an attack or does he just use his power on any random day?

At the very least today people should post when and who they are voting for just so we know who is in the running and that we dont kill any of our roled players without some warning

are we to take it as both teams have 4 lives as the strong man takes 2 hits to be killed

2. Captain Hook - evil pirate captain. Has a one time protect for his team mates from any action.

or is the captain hook thing a protect from the seer aswell, does hook get informed of an attack or does he just use his power on any random day?

any action would imply to me that it includes seer peeks, but logistically how would that work. Like on any given day he just goes protect x. does that protect them from all actions that day or just the first

Well Hooks team might not have 4 lives if hes or one of his team are munched/lynched/vig killed by the other team without warning. Though in theory you could be correct. A vigs timing could be crucial.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Back after work and as far as I can make out after reading all at once... Donald and Goofy appear to have been flavor characters and we now know nobody on thread are those characters. Stus death may have triggered Belle and Belle can potentially trigger an apprentice. What kind of roles usually have apprentices?

As the Lynches are going to be at 8pm Irish time, I may be a bit more innactive near that time than before (when it was at 7) as that is almost 4am here.

The non task element of this has me just curious to see how this plays out as at least i'd usually have those to try and spot in a normal game. I didn't realize in the last game I was the only one doing tasks as Mogwai (that movie was actually written for Disney but they never made it) but in retrospect it makes more sense now why I couldn't pin down wolves as easily.

any action would imply to me that it includes seer peeks, but logistically how would that work. Like on any given day he just goes protect x. does that protect them from all actions that day or just the first

I remembe rin a Marvel dream I had, that the evil team had a one time protect IIRC, taht they could only protect once during the game. Maybe Im remembering the dream wrong.

Ya the only way it would work is if they are informed when it is happening I guess or else its just automatic.

If its automatic could the BG possible protect one of his team mates and if the other team kill them he cancels out protection and the kill goes ahead as that'd be very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Agreed. It might also extend to other things like Simba or Hercs abilities. Also it’s unclear from the OP if they can use their ability on themselves also- my read of it would say it’s their teammates but not themselves

tritium wrote: »
    It might also extend to other things like Simba or Hercs abilities.

What do you mean?

• Advertisement

Ya the only way it would work is if they are informed when it is happening I guess or else its just automatic.

If its automatic could the BG possible protect one of his team mates and if the other team kill them he cancels out protection and the kill goes ahead as that'd be very funny

Actually if that was the case on a super long shot chance we peeked one of thier team we could have the body gaurd protect them at night have captain hooks power cancel it and then have the vig shoot them

What do you mean?
    I assume he's speculating that, since it mentions any actions, that it would include Herc's kill-for-kill power and Simba's vig kills

At the very least today people should post when and who they are voting for just so we know who is in the running and that we dont kill any of our roled players without some warning

Agreed, but I'd love if we didn't also have someone panic and reveal themselves cause they thought one or two people eyeballing them meant they were going to be hit by 15 votes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

What do you mean?

Basically they can take a vig hit or being blocked by Herc if Hook uses his protect

Actually if that was the case on a super long shot chance we peeked one of thier team we could have the body gaurd protect them at night have captain hooks power cancel it and then have the vig shoot them

But we won't know when hookey uses his power and we won't know who he uses it on?

If we're looking for super long shots lets just agree to kill Hook!

But we won't know when hookey uses his power and we won't know who he uses it on?

If we're looking for super long shots lets just agree to kill Hook!

Actually true and if we do peak say Hades we can just shoot them twice

tritium wrote: »
    Basically they can take a vig hit or being blocked by Herc if Hook uses his protect

There'd be a silver lining in that whoever does the action that gets blocked will know they've hit a baddie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

duffman13 wrote: »
    With no tasks my guess was Belle was activated following the first death which was Stu (modkill)

I figured it was just a rebalance tbh

Has everyone showed?

There'd be a silver lining in that whoever does the action that gets blocked will know they've hit a baddie

The only trouble with that might be if the BG protects does he still die?

• Advertisement

Agreed, but I'd love if we didn't also have someone panic and reveal themselves cause they thought one or two people eyeballing them meant they were going to be hit by 15 votes :P

Im ok with an FFA vote or a straight up vote for whom you wnat to. Its early days with little to go on.

One thing is we should all get involved a smuch as we can. Discuss things with eachother and debate. Lets not let wolves hid in low posters. The more we talk with a wolf, the more a wolf can slip

Advertisement