Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXII - Disney Classics Showdown

Options

Comments

Remember folks if you vote tell us who

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Barney92 wrote: »
    Don't see a huge amount of point in an FFA myself at the minute. Mine would probably just be the people who said they had seen the most Disney films. As good a reason as any other at this stage.

Having said that, from next lynch on I'd suggest we do an FFA.

I know I joked about voting for someone who hasnt seen the Lion king earlier, but its a pretty poxy reasoning isnt it, Id hate to be lynched because of that. I wont be voting for someone for that reason.

Ill be voting for whom I think is most suss thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

beakerjoe wrote: »
    On the flip side of your observation I found it interesting you called him on his OP being a little suss when I didn't see it myself.

Just an observation

On the flip side of your observation I found it interesting you called him on reading something differently to yourself

Weird one to call out Joe, especitally given how Manu people have interpreted things differently already, you picked out Guff on this. Looks like pointing a finger for the sake of pointing to me

I know I joked about voting for someone who hasnt seen the Lion king earlier, but its a pretty poxy reasoning isnt it, Id hate to be lynched because of that. I wont be voting for someone for that reason.

Ill be voting for whom I think is most suss thus far.

And No one is looking crazy suss either, I just mean Ill be voting with my gut feeling which is nothing solid at all so far. Just a guess.

Don't see a huge amount of point in an FFA myself at the minute. Mine would probably just be the people who said they had seen the most Disney films. As good a reason as any other at this stage.

Having said that, from next lynch on I'd suggest we do an FFA.

I think an FFA is always worth doing, all information is good information

• Advertisement

On the flip side of your observation I found it interesting you called him on reading something differently to yourself

Weird one to call out Joe, especitally given how Manu people have interpreted things differently already, you picked out Guff on this. Looks like pointing a finger for the sake of pointing to me

Thats fair enough. I encourage you to call what you see as I did with Guffy.

User Name Posts
    Triceratops Ballet 60
    MicksJaguar 54
    sKeith 37
    beakerjoe 32
    Virtanen 25
    MrsFlushdraw 25
    Necrominus 24
    Mollyb60 23
    quickbeam 18
    Bounty Hunter 18
    Digital Solitude 17
    tritium 17
    Lord TSC 15
    Barry_Lyndon 14
    Guffy 13
    duffman13 12
    grumpylumpy 12
    Strawberry Milkshake 11
    Banjo 10
    partyjungle 9
    deoxygenated 9
    Drumpot 7
    sullivlo 6
    ardinn 5
    Barney92 5
    Arabtinian 3
    niccoyne12 2
    DarkDOLLYumi 2
    MrKingsley 2

post count so far

Thats fair enough. I encourage you to call what you see as I did with Guffy.

I'm just reading every post of yours as "this is what a good villager does", it seems fake

Basically BJ you're a fake bitch and I haven't liked you since middle school anyways

I like non-anon games so much better than anon, the athmospehe is so much less hostile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I voted for Stu . . There's something not right about him . .

93061.jpg

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    Why?

So we dont accidentally kill one of our roled players on the first lynch or because im nosy whichever you prefer :D

Drumpot wrote: »
    I voted for Stu . . There's something not right about him . .

93061.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I think an FFA is always worth doing, all information is good information

I can see where you are coming from, but what do you think an FFA could look like today? For a lot of people it's just going to be names without any reasons. There could be something in that but not much. I suppose there isn't any harm in doing one but I don't see what we could get out of it

I'm just reading every post of yours as "this is what a good villager does", it seems fake

Basically BJ you're a fake bitch and I haven't liked you since middle school anyways

I like non-anon games so much better than anon, the athmospehe is so much less hostile

So is this a joke or realsies?

So we dont accidentally kill one of our roled players on the first lynch or because im nosy whichever you prefer :D

Ah, I get the reason now.
    If was inclined to keep hush about who I was voting for, so as not to start or highlight possible bandwagons,

but I can see your point too, allow the accused to speak.

so far, i'm not liking lord, for not wanting to bother reading the thread and digi, for hopping on the molly thing, after it was done and dusted then when finding out that its was going nowhere, bites onto bj's trousers and not letting go.

all can change in an instant though!

I can see where you are coming from, but what do you think an FFA could look like today? For a lot of people it's just going to be names without any reasons. There could be something in that but not much. I suppose there isn't any harm in doing one but I don't see what we could get out of it

Doesn't have to be three names though, if you're only suss of one name then just give one. If we get loads of lists of three with no reasons then we can start the pile of wolves/unhelpful villagers early.

I'd prefer but don't really care if it's followed, but getting the names out their is big info once we get 3-4 days worth of it imo.

People see different things too, if you think you've seen wolfy play that everyone else has missed, highlithing that will bring 54 more eyes to it to form more and new opinions on both you and the poster you're calling out.

So is this a joke or realsies?

A joke of course

• Registered Users Posts: 8,952 ✭✭✭duffman13

Tbh I'd struggle for an FFA today, I'd do one but it would be extremely flimsy reasoning at this point but it might give us more on what people are thinking and encourage discussion. Also with an FFA roled villagers know if they are on the chopping block and we can't afford to take one of our own important villagers out so early.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 DarkDOLLYumi

Sorry, my snail eggs just hatched so I was a little distracted. I do think it's interesting that Nic made a post so soon after people pointing it out. Lurking maybe? Just skimmed through everything but that's pretty much all I noticed.

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    Ah, I get the reason now.
    If was inclined to keep hush about who I was voting for, so as not to start or highlight possible bandwagons,

but I can see your point too, allow the accused to speak.

so far, i'm not liking lord, for not wanting to bother reading the thread and digi, for hopping on the molly thing, after it was done and dusted then when finding out that its was going nowhere, bites onto bj's trousers and not letting go.

all can change in an instant though!

That's a strong way of putting some fairly basic questioning sK, do you feel I've been pushing strongly on BJ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Doesn't have to be three names though, if you're only suss of one name then just give one. If we get loads of lists of three with no reasons then we can start the pile of wolves/unhelpful villagers early.

I'd prefer but don't really care if it's followed, but getting the names out their is big info once we get 3-4 days worth of it imo.

People see different things too, if you think you've seen wolfy play that everyone else has missed, highlithing that will bring 54 more eyes to it to form more and new opinions on both you and the poster you're calling out.

I get that people see different things, but that can be brought across without an FFA. If it's an FFA that doesn't require three then sure why not? I don't think it'll give us much to go on, but it wouldn't hurt. I'd say most people will have one person that they are suspicious of by lynch time. I'm not saying it'll be based on anything other than a feeling though. They'll have to vote on someone anyway so we could get that information earlier than the lynch I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Right now we have no information.
    With a combination of FFAs and Votes following the Lynch we have some information.
    Not much, mind, but anything is better than nothing. Especially now, when any FFA is entirely random, a Wolf cannot create a random FFA, they have too much information to do that. So they will try to create the appearance of randomness, and down the line that might help us spot them when we have more information. And at the same time it gives the Wolves scabs to pick at to try and get villagers lynched, which is a bad thing but until they have something to play with they're not going to come out and play in a taskless game, are they?

At the very least it jumpstarts the paranoia about "why did they vote that way? How come they went for #3 on their FFA? Wait, wasn't X on Y's FFA on Day 1 and now they're dead!" and until that starts the game is no fun :D

That's a strong way of putting some fairly basic questioning sK, do you feel I've been pushing strongly on BJ?

I personally dont, I encourage it and Id liek to think Digi will be as vigilant with others too.

I see logic to doing an FFA but also the logic to go with Micks idea, leaning towards the former.

But sure what does my opinion matter, Im just a fake b!tch trying to look helpful. :pac:

Afternoon all. I’m not really comfortable doing an ffa yet. If there had been a munch, different story but with nothing to go on it feels wrong.

Dunno who I’ll vote for yet.

It was more the transition off molly onto bj that I didn't like. just places for me to keep watching.

Banjo wrote: »
    Right now we have no information.
    With a combination of FFAs and Votes following the Lynch we have some information.
    Not much, mind, but anything is better than nothing. Especially now, when any FFA is entirely random, a Wolf cannot create a random FFA, they have too much information to do that. So they will try to create the appearance of randomness, and down the line that might help us spot them when we have more information. And at the same time it gives the Wolves scabs to pick at to try and get villagers lynched, which is a bad thing but until they have something to play with they're not going to come out and play in a taskless game, are they?

At the very least it jumpstarts the paranoia about "why did they vote that way? How come they went for #3 on their FFA? Wait, wasn't X on Y's FFA on Day 1 and now they're dead!" and until that starts the game is no fun :D

I can see advantages to both an FFA and micks idea. Both have disadvantages too. I think we should as a village choose one or the other collectivly

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I'd be in favour of an FFA in a normal game, but in this one, where no actual players have been munched (that's the consensus isn't it? Anyone not turned up since munch-time??) we just have so little to go on that it'd be pointless.

At the moment I'm a bit on the 80/20 side of things, or 80/10/10. There's about 10% that I think are playing villagery, 10% that I'm a bit suss of, and the vast majority that I've no clue about one way or another.

I get that people see different things, but that can be brought across without an FFA. If it's an FFA that doesn't require three then sure why not? I don't think it'll give us much to go on, but it wouldn't hurt. I'd say most people will have one person that they are suspicious of by lynch time. I'm not saying it'll be based on anything other than a feeling though. They'll have to vote on someone anyway so we could get that information earlier than the lynch I suppose.

True that, hashing this out won't do much but I think we gain more than we lose if we FFA imo, an FFA and a vote is 2 sets of data, just a vote is only 1.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

A list of all of one posters posts from this thread in order. You have to have ISOs!!
    quickbeam wrote: »
    May I ask why? As in, what does it tell us?

Easiest way is to go to the "Werewolf" forum, and for this thread, click on the number under "Replies", it opens up a new window of all posters and how often they've posted.

I'd like to ask Barry this again, as he didn't answer it first time.... Sounds, on the face of it, like you were trying to be helpful to the village, but then nothing came of it.

Advertisement