Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXII - Disney Classics Showdown

Options

Comments

I reckon we could get everyone to agree to say who they voted for im not sure about a full FFA but if people wanted to they could do it as well.

If we can get a majority to do it its easy question the ones that didnt and we have some sort of a paper trial.

Trying to come up with 3 is hard with so little info and people are lazy :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

beakerjoe wrote: »
    And No one is looking crazy suss either, I just mean Ill be voting with my gut feeling which is nothing solid at all so far. Just a guess.

What's your gut telling you about who's bad at the moment, BJ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

sKeith wrote: »
    Ah, I get the reason now.
    If was inclined to keep hush about who I was voting for, so as not to start or highlight possible bandwagons,

but I can see your point too, allow the accused to speak.

so far, i'm not liking lord, for not wanting to bother reading the thread and digi, for hopping on the molly thing, after it was done and dusted then when finding out that its was going nowhere, bites onto bj's trousers and not letting go.

all can change in an instant though!

I actually took Digi's probing as good villager tactics. He was poking at a lot of holes (ooh matron!) to see if it ruffled people. Which is pointless with me coz I get ruffled by a stiff breeze. I would probably have him as team Disney for now.

If I was forced to do an FFA I would be looking at PJ/Drumpot for their discussion around Stu this morning. Just seemed a bit false to me but it's very early days so that suspicion is basically worthless.

MrsF didn't seem to add much this morning even though she was around. Seemed to be derailing the thread a bit. Again not much there.

And the BJ thing pointed out by Guffy and DS. I didn't notice it at the time tbh but he did seem to be a bit helpful to me for no reason. Unless he knows I'm a villager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Banjo wrote: »
    Right now we have no information.
    With a combination of FFAs and Votes following the Lynch we have some information.
    Not much, mind, but anything is better than nothing. Especially now, when any FFA is entirely random, a Wolf cannot create a random FFA, they have too much information to do that. So they will try to create the appearance of randomness, and down the line that might help us spot them when we have more information. And at the same time it gives the Wolves scabs to pick at to try and get villagers lynched, which is a bad thing but until they have something to play with they're not going to come out and play in a taskless game, are they?

At the very least it jumpstarts the paranoia about "why did they vote that way? How come they went for #3 on their FFA? Wait, wasn't X on Y's FFA on Day 1 and now they're dead!" and until that starts the game is no fun :D

I think anyone can create a random FFA this early on Banjo. Just pick them out of a hat or something. I'm all for using information, but I think it has to be useful.

What's really the point of saying hey, this person was on their FFA in day one and is now dead if FFA is truly random? That wouldn't be very interesting at all. Now if FFA wasn't random (which it shouldn't be), then I think we'd have more reason to use it. However, I fear that is essentially what it will be early on. Then we'll have people coming in later on saying oh that was a wishy-washy FFA on day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I can see advantages to both an FFA and micks idea. Both have disadvantages too. I think we should as a village choose one or the other collectivly

What's Micks idea? Just name who we're voting for in advance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

True that, hashing this out won't do much but I think we gain more than we lose if we FFA imo, an FFA and a vote is 2 sets of data, just a vote is only 1.

Fair enough, I won't clog up the thread any more up an FFA debate. As you say, I don't think we would lose much, if anything, by using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Barney92 wrote: »
    Fair enough, I won't clog up the thread any more up an FFA debate. As you say, I don't think we would lose much, if anything, by using it.

I know what FFA is, but what do the letters FFA stand for ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Free for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

quickbeam wrote: »
    What's your gut telling you about who's bad at the moment, BJ?

Its early days as Ive said, but Guffy would be one Id liek to see more off based off his behaviour with De-oxy

Molly and TBs intercations earlier is something to look at, I think Molly was very a little rash in her reply.

Probably nothing and weak as hell, but its day 1 no leads and I gotta pick someone.

What's Micks idea? Just name who we're voting for in advance?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Right now I see I lot of prodding for responses but not a whole lot to go on and an FFA will be tough, things change, people act up and maybe later it will be easier. I might have to vote early but there is still plenty of time before considering who that will be yet. We have entered the paranoid phase where we have no info but everyone has stopped having Disney gif fun and is instead wondering how to proceed.

Mollyb60 wrote: »

And the BJ thing pointed out by Guffy and DS. I didn't notice it at the time tbh but he did seem to be a bit helpful to me for no reason. Unless he knows I'm a villager.

What BJ thing did Guffy point out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I'd be in favour of an FFA personally. Granted it probably won't give us much information to go on, but something is better than nothing

And don't forget we have the SK kill at lynch time as well

sKeith wrote: »
    It was more the transition off molly onto bj that I didn't like. just places for me to keep watching.

But biting onto BJ and not letting go? Powerful wording considering I've only directed about 4 posts his way, none of which were accusatory

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

My FFA
    1. Stu
    2. Goofy
    3. Donald Duck

Yes

Hybrid system where we give the name we're voting for and why perhaps? Like a one man FFA?

Mollyb60 wrote: »

Helpful for no reason? Ah Molly B Badd, please explain why I would need a reason ?

Also what exactly classes as helpful in your eyes?

Also what you being a villager got to do with anything?

Now we are getting somewhere.... discussions. See Molly, no need to blindly vote for someone when we can discuss eachothers posts.

But biting onto BJ and not letting go? Powerful wording considering I've only directed about 4 posts his way, none of which were accusatory

I would say you bite and didnt let go, however there was a hint of shade thrown my way, perhaps playfully, perhaps not. Either way feel free to poke around somemore

User Name Posts
    Triceratops Ballet 60
    MicksJaguar 54
    sKeith 37
    beakerjoe 32
    Virtanen 25
    MrsFlushdraw 25
    Necrominus 24
    Mollyb60 23
    quickbeam 18
    Bounty Hunter 18
    Digital Solitude 17
    tritium 17
    Lord TSC 15
    Barry_Lyndon 14
    Guffy 13
    duffman13 12
    grumpylumpy 12
    Strawberry Milkshake 11
    Banjo 10
    partyjungle 9
    deoxygenated 9
    Drumpot 7
    sullivlo 6
    ardinn 5
    Barney92 5
    Arabtinian 3
    niccoyne12 2
    DarkDOLLYumi 2
    MrKingsley 2

post count so far

#ffa1

Triceratops
    MicksJaguar
    SKeith

Gonna vote for triceratops now. No hard feelings

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Arabtinian

So after quick scan im more or less up to date. So we have nothing to go on task wise only to look at posts? This is going to be tough me thinks. So for the vote is it close your eyes and pick ??

• Advertisement

Virtanen wrote: »
    I'd be in favour of an FFA personally. Granted it probably won't give us much information to go on, but something is better than nothing

And don't forget we have the SK kill at lynch time as well

Well it wont give us an immediate information thats worthwhile.... but a sthe game progresses it can show patterns and lead us to some definate lines of enquiry.

#ffa1

Triceratops
    MicksJaguar
    SKeith

Bit premature no?

Hybrid system where we give the name we're voting for and why perhaps? Like a one man FFA?

I like innovation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Barry_Lyndon

Ok I’ve had a good read of the ISOs and I worked out a couple of issues. If the seer comes out he can be killed at the following lynch by the serial killer so he needs to come out after lynch rather than your normal before munch phase. Now at first glance the bodygaurd can protect the same person every night and the wolves would have to sac a team member to get him but the strongman would be ok as he has two lives. So the seer must not come out until he understands that he will be killed either at the following lynch by the SK or even if the SK is gone by the second munch as the BG will only give protection once and die.
    So 1 more peek after reveal, town will need a lot of luck in this scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

On the flip side of your observation I found it interesting you called him on his OP being a little suss when I didn't see it myself.

Just an observation

I honestly dont know what you are pointing at here. That i read a post as suss while you read it as ok?
    Thats fair enough. I encourage you to call what you see as I did with Guffy.

Thanks, i think. You had best not turn evil should i outlive you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Can you please quote the post you are talking about. I see this as an attempt to rewritie a narrative, putting words in your way, but trying to get people seeing them coming out of my mouth.

#ffa1

Triceratops
    MicksJaguar
    SKeith

Why them

Ok I’ve had a good read of the ISOs and I worked out a couple of issues. If the seer comes out he can be killed at the following lynch by the serial killer so he needs to come out after lynch rather than your normal before munch phase. Now at first glance the bodygaurd can protect the same person every night and the wolves would have to sac a team member to get him but the strongman would be ok as he has two lives. So the seer must not come out until he understands that he will be killed either at the following lynch by the SK or even if the SK is gone by the second munch as the BG will only give protection once and die.
    So 1 more peek after reveal, town will need a lot of luck in this scenario.

I would think he mayneed to come out before lynch depending on the situation no?

No need for the Seer to come out this early though right unless Ive missed something

O if the seer is to pick an apprentice and I know im probably stating the obvious but it would be sound if you could pick someone you peaked as good. Now maybe you can't or you will peek loads of baddies but I'd hold off picking today at least

• Advertisement

Why them

Top 3 posters

Advertisement