Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXII - Disney Classics Showdown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I've voted Quickbeam around 4:30 in case I can't read the thread when I get home ahead of lynch. I can't explain why really, just a gut feel from a post earlier, and in the absence of a better target I have to vote for someone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I have a placeholder in for Molly anyway but that could change if I even get something a little bit more firm to go on

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Banjo wrote: »
    I've voted Quickbeam around 4:30 in case I can't read the thread when I get home ahead of lynch. I can't explain why really, just a gut feel from a post earlier, and in the absence of a better target I have to vote for someone.

Which post?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

beakerjoe wrote: »
    She wont be able to make a good choice to vote for in her mind. IMO alot can change in a few hours so lets not assume things just yet Molly, someone may perk your suspicion before you need to cast your vote

If people are misinterpreting this post above as me “sticking up for Molly” you are all very much mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

When did I stand up for Molly? Please show me
    She wont be able to make a good choice to vote for in her mind. IMO alot can change in a few hours so lets not assume things just yet Molly, someone may perk your suspicion before you need to cast your vote
    Twice now BJ has stuck up for Molly by my count, does someone have a little crush?
    Noted that too

I don't think you ever responded to this, if you did I missed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

quickbeam wrote: »
    That's about as good a reason as voting because they'd not seen The Lion King. ie a crappy reason. Surely you've something, however tenuous on somebody other than their user name!!!

I’ve got the flu for the last 10 days, it’s like one big horrible hangover! The only thing keeping me going is posting random crap here! Please don’t ask me to make sense, that would not make me happy....

And I have a small suspicion on something that’s enough for me to follow somebody but not worth sharing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

Ok, I'm voting for Barry, said he had reads last night but not interested in sharing them, he's also only really posted about things that appear in the OP

Virtanen wrote: »
    I don't think you ever responded to this, if you did I missed it

You are and others appear to be reading my post differenty to as I intended. I was merely explaining what she meant, in fact the end of that post suggests she should put more thought into her vote.

Heck Im voting for her

And where did I "defend her" twice?

Drumpot wrote: »
    I’ve got the flu for the last 10 days, it’s like one big horrible hangover! The only thing keeping me going is posting random crap here! Please don’t ask me to make sense, that would not make me happy....

And I have a small suspicion on something that’s enough for me to follow somebody but not worth sharing yet.

Misses and babyjoe have it, Im their nurse / butler. I feel your pain, Keep an eye on your temp...... it can spike quite quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I will be voting closer to the end of the night and choosing someone based on post counts. I am not voting Molly due to the fact she is so excited about a disney game and I just can't see her to the gallows on the first night. Just seems so cruel! obvs if she is evil we can get her on night 2 instead :D

• Advertisement

Drumpot wrote: »

If you've a suspicion on someone, however small, then vote for them. You don't even have to share. Better than picking someone over their name.

Seriously, this made me madder then me getting a vote over a gut feeling. At least that's something however vague and undefendable.

So deoxy got the ball rolling on who’s voting who. So far we have over a third of the players declaring. There’s a baddie or two in this list...

Deoxy
    Mick
    MrKingsley
    Skeith
    Beaker
    Bounty (placeholder)
    Drumpot
    Lord
    Quickbeam
    Banjo
    TB

I’ll be voting for one of those who have picked niccoyne. It seems to me like a convenient vote. If nic was on a wolf team, I think they would have helped them with some replies this afternoon. Now nic could be the lonesome SK but I’m not feeling wolf right now.

So deoxy got the ball rolling on who’s voting who. So far we have over a third of the players declaring. There’s a baddie or two in this list...

Deoxy
    Mick
    MrKingsley
    Skeith
    Beaker
    Bounty (placeholder)
    Drumpot
    Lord
    Quickbeam
    Banjo
    TB

I’ll be voting for one of those who have picked niccoyne. It seems to me like a convenient vote. If nic was on a wolf team, I think they would have helped them with some replies this afternoon. Now nic could be the lonesome SK but I’m not feeling wolf right now.

If nic is a brand new palyer (not so sure to be honest yet, I havent palyed with them here before) then Id be suss of those voting for Nic so easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

So bear in mind that all of these are just general observations, and I have nothing concrete to go on

Flush, Skeith and Drumpot all gave genuine game advice to my semi-joking question. Good sign, but nothing concrete

Guffy seemed to be the only one questioning the modkill. Possible distraction, probably not

Mick questioning the whole 18 thing seemed odd. Probably nothing

Deoxy's odd starting post. Came across as having played WW before but then didn't know what an FFA was

Molly's over-defensiveness at a very minor questioning

Nic, obviously, for showing up as soon as they're mentioned. Probably just a new poster getting to grips with the game

The whole situation with Beaker standing up for Molly, and then Digi and Mick saying they both took note

And the Digi vs Skeith argument over whether Skeith said he'd bite Beaker or his trousers

That is the sum total of any relevant notes I've taken up to this point

Just wondering what you think the reference to user7 in game 11 flashbacks means.

sKeith wrote: »
    Just wondering what you think the reference to user7 in game 11 flashbacks means.

I know what it means but it's meta

Deoxy
    Mick
    MrKingsley
    Skeith
    Beaker
    Bounty (placeholder)
    Drumpot
    Lord
    Quickbeam
    Banjo
    TB

Why would you assume a baddie would declare early? Surely it'd be the opposite and they'd wait till later and see how votes were going before declaring. I not saying you're wrong, just trying to understand your logic.

You are and others appear to be reading my post differenty to as I intended. I was merely explaining what she meant, in fact the end of that post suggests she should put more thought into her vote.

Heck Im voting for her

And where did I "defend her" twice?
    I couldn't give you a first example, tbh. I was going on Digi's observation, and the fact that you didn't contest it at the time, instead changing topic to discuss something different, felt like you were slinking away from the conversation

Deoxy
    Mick
    MrKingsley
    Skeith
    Beaker
    Bounty (placeholder)
    Drumpot
    Lord
    Quickbeam
    Banjo
    TB

I am with SB on this one. I think the reason behind niccoyne is a bit flimsy. Maybe they were lurking, maybe they are new to it, maybe they NEEDED calling out to get the balls to just post. I am sure it is pretty daunting for a new player as we have high post volume games.

People that have played in other universes not even on this area will know that a lot of games have a lot less posting.

If they are new and in a team, like it says above they would be getting coached in what to say.

I know what it means but it's meta

It is, and I think its a ref to MU or whatever the acronym is for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Barry_Lyndon

I've voted Barry for not answering my question that I asked twice. And, though I didn't notice it until above, from TB, it looks like there are a few he's avoiding.

Heading out shortly so vote cast early.

You guys post way too much for me but I’ll have a look. TB wants to know my Scum reads; they are not strong enough to publish yet and I suspect one of them is Aladdin as his is the only task that was in play yesterday. I’m not throwing Aladdin into the spotlight so I’ll keep it to myself.

• Advertisement

I couldn't give you a first example, tbh. I was going on Digi's observation, and the fact that you didn't contest it at the time, instead changing topic to discuss something different, felt like you were slinking away from the conversation

I missed the crush comment tbh. I did respond to Digi a few posts later.

Personally I always get the impression that the majority of Wolves will stay quiet and let villagers attack each other so I wouldn't expect the first t state their intentions to be more likely to be bad just based on that.

Why would you assume a baddie would declare early? Surely it'd be the opposite and they'd wait till later and see how votes were going before declaring. I not saying you're wrong, just trying to understand your logic.

Because it really is a free for all today. One baddie fires out a name and sees if it gains any momentum and as long as their teammates are not in the frame, the other 2 can go as random as they like too.

You guys post way too much for me but I’ll have a look. TB wants to know my Scum reads; they are not strong enough to publish yet and I suspect one of them is Aladdin as his is the only task that was in play yesterday. I’m not throwing Aladdin into the spotlight so I’ll keep it to myself.

Maybe im exposing my ignorance but what? I thought the rules explicitly said on on thread tasks. Did we not all even discuss how to find baddies if no tasks are done on thread, whats all this about and Aladdin task? obviously don't out a goodie if you did spot something tho

sKeith wrote: »

I assumed it was a reference to something that happened in a game that I didn't take part in. Unless I'm mistaken, and you care to shed some light on it?

I suspect one of them is Aladdin as his is the only task that was in play yesterday.

Unlikely as Aladdin does not do his tasks on thread
    Necrominus wrote: »

10. Stay in the game world: This game takes place in the Disney-verse and players are encouraged to get on board with the theme. You don't need to reveal your character, but refrain from talking about real life or the world outside the Disney Universe during the game. Have fun, make meme’s, take the piss and try to enjoy the game. THERE ARE NO TASKS ON-THREAD IN THIS GAME.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Barry_Lyndon

Maybe im exposing my ignorance but what? I thought the rules explicitly said on on thread tasks. Did we not all even discuss how to find baddies if no tasks are done on thread, whats all this about and Aladdin task? obviously don't out a goodie if you did spot something tho

Aladdin’s task is to ID the Geinie its in the OP which I keep refering to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

I assumed it was a reference to something that happened in a game that I didn't take part in. Unless I'm mistaken, and you care to shed some light on it?
    disneyland has many rides and terms but if you came from eurodisney where you had rode every ride some of the lingo and methods could be strange in disneyland.

Aladdin’s task is to ID the Geinie its in the OP which I keep refering to.

Well at least that makes sense of what you were saying. As someone else said you seem to have been focusing on that OP a lot... anywhoo if you do have reads that you are revealing on thread maybe go with your non Aladdin ones either way, don't want to out him to the baddies.

• Advertisement

Because it really is a free for all today. One baddie fires out a name and sees if it gains any momentum and as long as their teammates are not in the frame, the other 2 can go as random as they like too.

It's not unrealistic that's for sure.

Advertisement