Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXII - Disney Classics Showdown

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Barry_Lyndon

quickbeam wrote: »
    May I ask why? As in, what does it tell us?

Easiest way is to go to the "Werewolf" forum, and for this thread, click on the number under "Replies", it opens up a new window of all posters and how often they've posted.

You want to know what a list of one posters posts in isolation is for?
    In the politiest manner possible I’ll ask; have you not played before? I will simply read each posters posts in isolation and try to read either Town or Scum from their tone and direction. Its not what they say rather how they say it, also how much they and flop around although it does occur to me that many in this forum simply run around flapping their arms.

TB is for example, his ISO is almost too wolfy for him to be a wolf.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Lynch form not working for me guys?

Working fine for me. I think the mods said something about not letting baddies vote, so that's probably why it's not working for you.....

:P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sorry, what's "ISO"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Virtanen wrote: »
    That's one of the more suspect things I've seen so far, tbh

Although is a crap way to pick somebody to vote for, don't know if I'd call it wolfie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I guess I should just be happy you're getting a vote in at all!!! :P

I actually might of learned something from my pin the donkey vote. Some might call it A flimsey gut feeling making something out of nothing ... I call it confident bullsh*t that could be used to get somebody lynched were it in the wrong hands....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

That's one of the more suspect things I've seen so far, tbh

So what you're saying here is that honesty is bad?
    giphy.gif

You want to know what a list of one posters posts in isolation is for?
    In the politiest manner possible I’ll ask; have you not played before? I will simply read each posters posts in isolation and try to read either Town or Scum from their tone and direction. Its not what they say rather how they say it, also how much they and flop around although it does occur to me that many in this forum simply run around flapping their arms.

TB is for example, his ISO is almost too wolfy for him to be a wolf.

Yes, I've played before. Though ISO is a new term to me (not the only one who was confused by it).

By your explanation originally, it sounded like you were looking at people who had just one post. Above clarifies it, in that you're looking at everybody's posts, so makes some sense. Thank-you for the answer, on my third asking.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sorry, what's "ISO"?

A list of a players posts in ISOlation. Its How WW players read each other on every forum I’ve ever either played or even just spectated on.

• Advertisement

Yes, I've played before. Though ISO is a new term to me (not the only one who was confused by it).

By your explanation originally, it sounded like you were looking at people who had just one post. Above clarifies it, in that you're looking at everybody's posts, so makes some sense. Thank-you for the answer, on my third asking.

You can see my confusion????
    A list of all of one posters posts from this thread in order. You have to have ISOs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Voted with my change of heart for Barry. Think he might be trying to get a bit of info on the genie or Aladdin. If I’m wrong then so be it. But as I’ve said we have so little to go on.

Starting work now so won’t be on this until well after the results are out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Sorry, what's "ISO"?

ISO- isolate: look at one persons posts just by themselves. Comes from MU

A list of a players posts in ISOlation. Its How WW players read each other on every forum I’ve ever either played or even just spectated on.

Ah right, get you. I know what you mean, I just had never heard it referred to as such before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Which post?

Sorry for the delay, commuting. On mobile, will see if I can find it. It's flimsy as **** though, me posting it will only make you hate me more. :)

How would I read a single post in order. FWIW I answered it the first time I saw it you sarcastic article. I had not read your ISO until now. There are 28 players posting and over 700 post. I read you as Town btw as Scum is rarely as self important as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Voted molly, unlikely I’ll be checking in to change between now and 8. Not based on much, mainly gut feeling. Her voting the way she did was really the biggest thing for me.

Sorry, what's "ISO"?
    So you still haven't read the thread then. This was asked and answered yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

I have played in 3 different universes and never heard the term before.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

tritium wrote: »
    Voted molly, mainly gut feeling.

QB will be pleased....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

just got in from a mental day and holy sh*t guys 750 posts.... REALLY?/??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    So what you're saying here is that honesty is bad?

Well there's a thin excuse if ever I heard one

If I intentionally broke someone's window and then owned up to it, my honestly doesn't make up for what I did

Creeping further and further up my list there, Molls

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Stuck with my placeholder even though I almost changed what with Lyndon's repeated musing on a good guy on thread, now this lady has to sleep, good luck Villagers hope next time I see you were all alive still
    anigif_original-grid-image-25005-1411533432-12.gif?crop=380:251;0,7}

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Not a commonly used term here that's for sure.

sKeith wrote: »
    So you still haven't read the thread then. This was asked and answered yesterday.

I remember it being asked yesterday but couldn't remember the answer. Given a few people asked, wasn't alone there either, and figured it was quicker to ask than to go trawling through a few hundred posts.

The term is irrelevant it’s the process that is common. Its simply easier to call it an ISO than, I don’t know “going through the list of posts of each poster one by one”.

Play WW on boards they said, its fun they said, lighthearted they said.

I remember it being asked yesterday but couldn't remember the answer. Given a few people asked, wasn't alone there either, and figured it was quicker to ask than to go trawling through a few hundred posts.
    WTF is an ISO?
    sKeith wrote: »
    Isolation,
    to get posts from a user in isolation.

simple to find.

How would I read a single post in order. FWIW I answered it the first time I saw it you sarcastic article. I had not read your ISO until now. There are 28 players posting and over 700 post. I read you as Town btw as Scum is rarely as self important as you.

To be fair Barry it could be read as you wanting to read the posts of people who only had one post in order, ie five single posts by five single people. Now, I didn't read it that way but it could have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

tritium wrote: »
    Voted molly, unlikely I’ll be checking in to change between now and 8. Not based on much, mainly gut feeling. Her voting the way she did was really the biggest thing for me.
    Not much I can say to defend that really. I gave the (albeit ****ty) reason for it. I would say that your vote is based on just about as much.
    Well there's a thin excuse if ever I heard one

If I intentionally broke someone's window and then owned up to it, my honestly doesn't make up for what I did

Creeping further and further up my list there, Molls
    What excuse? I told BJ why I voted for him. The fact that he voted for me of course influenced my decision in some way. But I listed my suspicious people earlier, all 3/4 were about all I had in the way of theories so one of them was gonna be my vote. Not sure what else I can say here to slide down the list tbh.

Is your problem that I voted for BJ or that I told him that a part of the vote was because he voted for me?

• Advertisement

The term is irrelevant it’s the process that is common. Its simply easier to call it an ISO than, I don’t know “going through the list of posts of each poster one by one”.

Play WW on boards they said, its fun they said, lighthearted they said.

It's easier if everyone knows what it means though. Terms like scum aren't used much here but it doesn't take much of a leap to work out it means wolves or baddies, but iso could be quite a confusing one for someone not aware of the term.

Advertisement