Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXII - Disney Classics Showdown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭deoxygenated

Oxy, I am gutted to be slipping off your list.

I am well known to be the wolfiest around, despite my role haha.

I'll bear that in mind for future reference. :pac:

In hindsight I shouldn't have said a word

yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaah bit too late for that now, sadly

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

mostly looking at a few people like PartyJungle, LTSC, Grumpylumpy and tritium while trying to decide who to vote for as i'll be getting it in a bit early. will probably say on here before I decide still could change to someone else if something interesting happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Finally caught up.

Why would I hide the fact that I skimmed? I can't dedicate as much time as I'd like. I think day 1 is mostly nonsense. This game's setup means there is nothing for me to look out for other than get a feel for players. There are no tasks. Only the goodies are trying to out themselves to find each other so I can't use that tactic to find wolves. I suppose I could hunt for confirmed goodies. Thankfully Barry made the game interesting with his early reveal.

But how can you accurately read players by only skimming.

mostly looking at a few people like PartyJungle, LTSC, Grumpylumpy and tritium while trying to decide who to vote for as i'll be getting it in a bit early. will probably say on here before I decide still could change to someone else if something interesting happens.

Do elaborate on why your suspicions are as such, I'm interested as to why 3/4 are low posters

• Advertisement

Vote cast

Off topic - will boards be offline again in the early hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

The confusing this is Barry said Sully was SW. I wasn't sure if that was right but I def didn't want to risk passing the apple to SW and kill her. I chose someone who was claiming something else to make sure.
    I could have sworn someone said that Barry had claimed Sully was SW but the apple still being in play after Sully's death would be odd in that case. I asked Barry if he had actually made that Sully claim but alas no response on that.
    sKeith wrote: »
    Go find out who said that and ask that person why they said it.

Barry did not say it. Barry refers to DP as SW.

Snow white was double soft claimed by you and drumpot.

The apple seems to move much quicker than i was led to believe, so , most likely drumpot was not the originator I believed last night. Still, passing the apple onto somebody does not prove anything. (except for the fact that i new wendy had the apple)

I think MFD might be who you are looking for, start there anyway.

Why did you not go looking for this? I told you who to go looking through. I knew the post you were talking about immediately but I gave you hours to do it. Is this a twinned smear campaign?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

~ early reads based on ISOs ~

wolf lean (looks like wolf to me):
    *beakerjoe* - occam's razor; killed fellows had suspected beaker (along with a few other names, I acknowledge). also the FFA with 2 inactives and someone everyone else wants to lynch, along with throwing it out at that timing, feels more like he's doing it for the sake of doing it. anw the whole arguing it was a setup vs they were killed because they suspected bj will only lead to an endless back-and-forth. best way to resolve is for him to die or be peeked imo.

(am waiting to hear more from BH and Lord atm, I'm getting sleepy)

spicy wolf reads (unpopular opinions for wolves):
    *Tritium* - just seems to say things people already know, but surprisingly little amount of opinions, just game theory stuff, and the fact that they're searching posts for roles with the whole “there are some people claiming some roles” doesn't really help; probably lurking wolf?

*arabtinian* - has barely said anything, voted on bandwagon molly, not sure what's keeping them away

*MrsFlushdraw* - voting on an inactive player (sully0, seems like she doesn’t want to cause a fuss, maybe wolf. though today is looking up. plus points for trying to create a player list though? and the more she posts the more I see this read fading away. lowest on my spicy wolf reads list.

ignoring due to inactivity/IRL reasons for being away but could still be wolf, they are neutral for now:
    ardinn who has a kidney stone
    guffy who's in the hospital i think (tho I did lean village with this slot early on)
    grumpylumpy who seems lost

The grumps is lost, had a busy couple days so only time in the evening to read up. Spent the entire evening last night catching up, got no reads and had to go to sleep.

Going to do the same tonight except hopefully get to post a bit if i notice anything interesting.

Hoping to survive till thursday when i have some free time so then I can book a "meeting" with myself during the day to keep up with the game

beakerjoe wrote: »
    But how can you accurately read players by only skimming.

I forgo it for my sanity. Look I have a grudge against day 1. It's always a monday. Its always spamtastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Okay, I can't do this anymore, it doesn't seem like this is going anywhere so I'm just going to vote for BH. Personally haven't had much thoughts about him as either good or bad, but it seems most people are going to vote for him anyways. Hope this goes well. Cheers.

Dark can you give us some insight here. You still haven’t given a read on your own suspicions or why certain posters might seem suspicious to you.

Am I right you’ve played a bit before?

Do elaborate on why your suspicions are as such, I'm interested as to why 3/4 are low posters

People usually put the more talkative people on their FFAs but honestly in this village most of the talkative ones are confirmed good or imo acting kind of normally, those posters though have said enough without saying a lot so as not to draw so much attention to themselves and in some cases did so while helping to draw attention to others. If I had something really strong on one of them i'd be pushing that so everyone could get on board but as of right now im unsure on who ill be voting for yet tbh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

#FFA1

LordTSC - is on my niccoyne list and digi/Mick list. Has added no other reason than her two posts were shaky but to me it was blatantly obvious they wasn’t a wolf (my post about teammates coaching them). Wouldn’t change their mind or attempt to find baddies elsewhere. Was an easy option to vote for niccoyne.

Right, here goes.

1. There's not two lists there, and its disingenuous to suggest there is. Digi posted at me because I said I was voting for Nicco. Mick then looked at who Digi interacted with, and then put me on that list. So there's one list, basically, and I'm on it because I voted for Nicco, and litterally no other reason.

2. I gave my reason for voting Nicco early, and at a time where other reasonings for votes were "You voted me, I voted you!" and, my favorite, "Your name reminds me of a Star Wars character I don't like." The issue yesterday with votes was there was literally no good reason to vote for anyone (which, btw, surprises me so much that Molly got so many votes, despite not giving off wolfie vibes imo). I chose to vote "randomly" for someone who would be less likely to be a loss to the village.

Nicco had two posts, both fluff, and wasn't playing otherwise. Again, the fact they got modkilled quickly afterwards shows I was right; it was not a vote that would have hurt the village if Nicco left, as they left quickly after anyway.

Which is why I'm so confused as to why Strawberry is trying to use it against me, and trying to present that singular reason as if it's two or three reasons. There was no "attmempting to find baddies elsewhere"; we were told there was no on thread tasks, and there was zero evidence provided by anyone else to have anything credible against anyone else. There couldn't have been due to the early munch of flavor characters. She's floated the idea a few times about there being multiple lists, etc, when there's not. Worse, Strawberry isn't engaging me either on this; just repeating over and over again "TSC was on Digi/Mick's list and voted for Necco", which is crazy reasoning to vote for someone tbh.

Mind, that I could handwave away as a goodie being tunneled. More interesting is how quick MrsF seemed to jump on it too when the FFA went up, and she seems to have wanted to start a bandwagon against me.

Anyway, based on what I've seen today, my three for the FFA are...

1. Bounty Hunter - SImply because BH vs Barry dominated a lot of the morning, and Barry seems so certain BH is evil. For lack of other plans, I'm willing to test his theory out, and see about offing BH. If BH returns good, we have to then have a conversation about why Barry pushed so hard. Plus, I never like the attitude of "Sure, lynch me, I don't care!" that BH displayed earlier; as was pointed out, you absolutely should care if the village is about to waste another lynch on a villager.

2. Mr Kingsley - As pointed out earlier, half his posts are explaining why he isn't posting, and the other half are just recaps of what others have said.

3. MrsF - At risk of "she voted for me so I vote for them", I feel she leapt on my name earlier in an attempt to start a bandwagon, and that makes me very, very suspicious.

I'd be leaning towards BH at the moment. That said, I'd still like to go back over those who voted Molly last night. Why? Because the landslide came as an utter shock to me, and I genuinely was surprised to see one person pick up so many votes so easily. I feel there could be a few wolves in play there tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

#ffa2

pj - not playing in the village interest.

mfd - suspect non V team with BH

BH - suspect non V team with mfd

sKeith wrote: »
    Why did you not go looking for this? I told you who to go looking through. I knew the post you were talking about immediately but I gave you hours to do it. Is this a twinned smear campaign?

Honestly I thought I made a mistake but thanks for pointing out I was actually right in what I said.

Why would MsF say that? I took the heat for that and she stayed quiet too, suspicious

People usually put the more talkative people on their FFAs but honestly in this village most of the talkative ones are confirmed good or imo acting kind of normally, those posters though have said enough without saying a lot so as not to draw so much attention to themselves and in some cases did so while helping to draw attention to others. If I had something really strong on one of them i'd be pushing that so everyone could get on board but as of right now im unsure on who ill be voting for yet tbh.

Who's confirmed good? I admit I'm still catching up but not seeing confirmation

This is a lie

Why did you make a that point pj?

Who's confirmed good? I admit I'm still catching up but not seeing confirmation

Peter Pan, Genie and Snow White

tritium wrote: »

I can think of a reason

I can think of a reason

I’d like PJ to answer first if that’s ok

• Advertisement

Peter Pan, Genie and Snow White

Earkier you were posting that no one was confirmed despite well reasoned posts to suggest otherwise. What changed for you

I'd just like to point out I was never saying lynch me but saying I should not be targeted for a bullet which was a suggestion at the time and that any normal villager would at least wait till a lynch before going for me as I was the only name being put forward at that stage. Now maybe others are being put forward like yes MsF now looks odd to me given she did actually say that Barry called someone else SW then stayed quiet when I took heat for it. i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

I'm leaning towards Beaker myself.

When people were trying to debate whether to believe Barry with his reveal, and trying to figure out the significance of the apple, he was trying to change the course of the conversation away from it all. Why would a villager do that, when the village were trying to figure out what position they were in?

I was flip-flopping last night between him and Molly as a wolf. Molly has been proven innocent, which obviously doesn't prove anything against Beaker (I voted for Molly myself as well), but combined with the above lends itself to suspicion

Also not a fan of Dolly's apparent reason for voting for Nic. We were all in the dark for last night's vote, and he seems overly defensive of his actions, even going to say they can't be bothered anymore. Could be playing a helpless newbie (even though he says he's played before) trying to garner sympathy, while being a wolf in disguise

Earkier you were posting that no one was confirmed despite well reasoned posts to suggest otherwise. What changed for you

The conversation earlier was when I was saying that nobody was posting who those people were so as not to highlight them. Now they have straight up highlighted themselves long ago

Cuz I'm a retard

I can think of a reason

Shoot. What’s your thoughts?

Virtanen wrote: »

When people were trying to debate whether to believe Barry with his reveal, and trying to figure out the significance of the apple, he was trying to change the course of the conversation away from it all. Why would a villager do that, when the village were trying to figure out what position they were in?

I was flip-flopping last night between him and Molly as a wolf. Molly has been proven innocent, which obviously doesn't prove anything against Beaker (I voted for Molly myself as well), but combined with the above lends itself to suspicion

Also not a fan of Dolly's apparent reason for voting for Nic. We were all in the dark for last night's vote, and he seems overly defensive of his actions, even going to say they can't be bothered anymore. Could be playing a helpless newbie (even though he says he's played before) trying to garner sympathy, while being a wolf in disguise

We were going around in circles. Thats why. Whether i followed baz or not he is good and its pointless arguing with him rather than engaging woth ithers who may be bad

Shoot. What’s your thoughts?

Well ive a theory but i want to hear more from pj first. His answer of retarded wasnt good enough

Cuz I'm a retard

Can you give me a bit more that that PJ? You must have had something in mind but I’m not seeing what?

• Advertisement

Virtanen wrote: »

I somewhat agree with this as I just read that conversation. However based on Mick's school of thought on digi having interacted with the SK I was actually thinking BJ for the SK

PJ is being belligerent

Deoxy seems to be posting fluff but I'm not all the way caught up

MrsFD is being her usual wolfy self

That's where I am so far

Advertisement