Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXII - Disney Classics Showdown

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

#FFA2

1MsF- saying Barry called the wrong person SW, letting me the heat for saying someone said this, also one of the people pushing Joe and although I think he is defensive I don't see it

2MrKingsly- One of a number of names (I think I mentioned some of the others before, who have not really added much when posting, avoid suspicion like a wolf would

3Grumpylumpy- probably could saw something similar to what I said for MrK I fear we will kill the more talkative villagers while letting quiet wolves sneak by.

Joe, LTSC, Partyjungle, tritium could have all maybe come in 3rd given how little we seem to have to go off but I guess only no.1 matters atm

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

3Grumpylumpy- probably could saw something similar to what I said for MrK I fear we will kill the more talkative villagers while letting quiet wolves sneak by.

Imma be much less quiet now that I'm home sitting on my ass :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Let's not forget that Jafar's abilities have been activated today as well

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'll be home in ten to post more but literally the reason strawberry is trying to railroad me is I voted for an AFk poster basically. That's why tric talked to me and why Mick listed me.

What’s an AFK poster?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Virtanen wrote: »
    Let's not forget that Jafar's abilities have been activated today as well

Been keeping an eye out all day but spotted nothing :/

• Advertisement

tritium wrote: »
    What’s an AFK poster?
    Away from keyboard, a.k.a. not posting

What’s an AFK poster?

"Away from keyboard"

Might be more of a gamer term than Werewolf but basically someone who isn't playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

#FFA2
    Quickbeam - yesterday it was random gut feel. Today there was one moment where they went fishing for what happens when a Wolf gets the apple, even though it had been indicated that we don't want the wolves to know. And my gut rumbled again. I'm a hungry dude though, maybe I just need a snickers.

MrKingsley - claims to be fairly new but posted one of those ****-stirring non-contributory "What are your musings?" posts to get others talking which always gets my hackles up, but isn't what I'd expect from a newbie. And then wanted to get agreement to keep the apple-holder secret, which only really serves the wolves as far as I can see.

DarkDollyUmi - says they have limited knowledge of the game, says they're confused and then its Scum this Scum that when that doesn't seem to be a commonly used term outside of Barry's posts. Again, getting a bad vibe. Could be my low poster prejudice speaking.

My gut tells me to buy 12 inch subs when a 6 would probably do. I shouldn't trust it, I know, but I can't help but listen....
    I'm probably a fool but I'm abandoning my "barry is gaston" theory, despite him not really telling us anything we didn't already know about any of the dead. I tend to lean towards conspiracy theories too much, and that's clouding my judgement. that said, I'll revive it if we get an Aladdin reveal later and Aladdin discredits him. OK, throwing a vote in now in case I'm not on before 8. Will be commuting and parenting until later.

"Away from keyboard"

Might be more of a gamer term than Werewolf but basically someone who isn't playing.

So you were being attacked for targetting a low poster basically?

Drumpot wrote: »
    If a goody gives the apple to a goody who has already received it, it poisons that goody.

Still catching up so sorry if this was answered. Do we know if a baddie gets it twice do they die?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

~ early reads based on ISOs ~

occam's razor; killed fellows had suspected beaker (along with a few other names, I acknowledge). also the FFA with 2 inactives and someone everyone else wants to lynch, along with throwing it out at that timing, feels more like he's doing it for the sake of doing it. anw the whole arguing it was a setup vs they were killed because they suspected bj will only lead to an endless back-and-forth. best way to resolve is for him to die or be peeked imo.

You have good rationle unlike Strawbs earlier.

But look from my POV. I can only play the game as I see it. I see those 3 on my FFA as the most likely in my eyes. The whoel set up angle would lead to a back and forth potentially as I will fight my corner as would anyone. Im not saying I was defo set up, but it certainly looks like those whom killed were linked to me, however IIRC Digi was killed by Mickey, Molly was killed by a grouip lynch and Mick died by a wolf team, I cant be on two different evil teams.

Still catching up so sorry if this was answered. Do we know if a baddie gets it twice do they die?

that sounds like something it would be important for a baddie to know

To begin with its obviously less conspicuous to chat away so low posting as a tactic is a stupid move. Not to say its not happening but we always reach a point early game where low posters are turned on and i always think its pretty pointless

that sounds like something it would be important for a baddie to know

My thinking was if we know that as a village and we all FFA on the same few people, one of whom has announced they had the apple, then we can pass it to them and give ourselves an extra kill

Same question I asked pj earlier- why are you asking this question?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

funny, that's 3 people today asking about the apple and how it affects the wolves, even after we discussed how it's not in the villages interest to put that info out there...

Same question I asked pj earlier- why are you asking this question?

See my point above, if we're mostly agreed in FFAs on one of the people who already had the apple, then we pass it to them, and get a lynch too

Banjo wrote: »
    funny, that's 3 people today asking about the apple and how it affects the wolves, even after we discussed how it's not in the villages interest to put that info out there...

I had a plan!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Am compiling the FFAs, but we need to decide a time to cut off and run the top (two? three?). How about 7pm? I know some people will have already voted by that stage and won't be back to change to those in the race, but it should give any GMT based people coming home from work time to get their information together? Agreement from at least one of our confirmed villagers to this and that's what I'll do.

My own FFAs, though they're pretty tenuous:

Bounty Hunter - Our Genie thinks he's bad, and has been proven right in reading others so has a better chance than most for noticing something that I've missed. Certainly there's been nothing jumping out at me that indicates he's *not* bad, and I think he'll be a distraction as long as he's around so better to know one way or another.

PJ - "not playing in the village's interest" - I like that phrasing. I didn't know how to give a reason without being super obvious about his boo-boo which makes him either a wolf or a silly villager.

Banjo - for voting for me. Tritium - very quiet the first few days, playing a bit more now all of a sudden. It's not much and certainly not enough to make me want to him lynched today, but I think it's suspicious enough that he deserves a peek this evening.

My thinking was if we know that as a village and we all FFA on the same few people, one of whom has announced they had the apple, then we can pass it to them and give ourselves an extra kill

Nice theory, but only works if we know 100% that they're a wolf. The village is down as it is, do we really want to throw in the added risk of losing more by both apple-ing and lynching the same person, especially when we mightn't have enough time between seeing the FFAs and the lynch happening to make a good snap decision

• Advertisement

Yeah.
    To begin with its obviously less conspicuous to chat away so low posting as a tactic is a stupid move. Not to say its not happening but we always reach a point early game where low posters are turned on and i always think its pretty pointless

For the record, I'm not saying I voted Nick cause I thought the low posting was a tactic nessecarily. Just that I felt Day one was a blind vote, there were no good reasons to vote for anyone in particular, so I voted for he person contributing the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Who?

Sorry grumpy, I know it’s lord who was being asked here but, if low posting is a stupid move why would someone target low posters(afk to be precise here)

Do you mind confirming which 3? Seems like something you just logically would not do especially when one of out only confirmed villagers has said she was intentionally not giving the wolves said information on the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Very risky grumpy. If FFAs were flawless and that's how the apple works your plan might have merit. But if we're wrong and give the apple to a villager who had it before then we've really screwed the pooch.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Do you mind confirming which 3? Seems like something you just logically would not do especially when one of out only confirmed villagers has said she was intentionally not giving the wolves said information on the thread

I'm one anyway, apparently. Just going to look for my post now that I've done my own FFAs to see the context of it.

Sorry grumpy, I know it’s lord who was being asked here but, if low posting is a stupid move why would someone target low posters(afk to be precise here)

Early game cos we've not much to go on it always seems to happen. Esp with new players its usually people just getting to grips with the rush. Not saying we should never use it against someone, just think its too early.
    Barney92 wrote: »
    Very risky grumpy. If FFAs were flawless and that's how the apple works your plan might have merit. But if we're wrong and give the apple to a villager who had it before then we've really screwed the pooch.

I know its a risk but if the FFAs were very close it makes sense

Yeah.

For the record, I'm not saying I voted Nick cause I thought the low posting was a tactic nessecarily. Just that I felt Day one was a blind vote, there were no good reasons to vote for anyone in particular, so I voted for he person contributing the least.

So to rerun what I said to grumpy, if low posting is dumb wolf strategy, why vote there. It’s just a slow starting villager basically

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I know its a risk but if the FFAs were very close it makes sense

I'm not sure it does Grumpy. I mean the mechanics might make sense, but we could very well lose a villager doing it. I certainly wouldn't be supporting such a move anyway.

• Advertisement

People are generally against role reveals unnecessarily but what if the person thinks the are going to die?

Advertisement