Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXII - Disney Classics Showdown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭tritium

Early game cos we've not much to go on it always seems to happen. Esp with new players its usually people just getting to grips with the rush. Not saying we should never use it against someone, just think its too early

I get that grumpy I’m just trying to understand why a more experienced player would do it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

People are generally against role reveals unnecessarily but what if the person thinks the are going to die?

If they think they are going to die, and the information they have is important then I'm quite alright with people coming out.

Are you trying to gauge the crowd and see how receptive they might be to a claim prior to the lynch?

People are generally against role reveals unnecessarily but what if the person thinks the are going to die?

Depends on the role

Is there a reason you’re asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

Barney92 wrote: »
    I'm not sure it does Grumpy. I mean the mechanics might make sense, but we could very well lose a villager doing it. I certainly wouldn't be supporting such a move anyway.

We always risk losing a villager with a lynch.

If we're almost all listing player x and player y in our ffas most likely they're our next 2 lynches (and if we round up now they have time to defend themselves). If player x had the apple already we go with that. We just expedite and get an extra kill

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

tritium wrote: »
    Same question I asked pj earlier- why are you asking this question?

To be fair a lot of assumptions are being made about the apple and I feel people are taking assumptions as fact as the day goes on.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So to rerun what I said to grumpy, if low posting is dumb wolf strategy, why vote there. It’s just a slow starting villager basically

Again, not saying it was some fool proof tactic. With nothing else to go on, and the way this game works there was nothing else to go on, my logic was to vote for someone I thought the village could possibly afford to lose. Maybe that logic was flawed (less so than "I don't like your name") but it wasn't malicious.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Banjo wrote: »
    #FFA2
    Quickbeam - yesterday it was random gut feel. Today there was one moment where they went fishing for what happens when a Wolf gets the apple, even though it had been indicated that we don't want the wolves to know. And my gut rumbled again. I'm a hungry dude though, maybe I just need a snickers.

I presume the below is the post you're referring to?
    MrKingsley wrote: »
    Quick point on the apple.

We know that if someone gets it a second time they are dead.

Should we not be keeping in under wraps as to who has it as if it’s passed onto a baddy now they will know who they can poison?
    quickbeam wrote: »
    Didn't someone also say that that only happens if a goodie passes on to a goodie?

So, a baddie gets the apple, can't just pass it on to somebody who already had it in order to kill them. Some other scenario probably plays out if that happens, probably the baddie's the one to die instead.

I don't see it as fishing for what happens when a wolf gets the apple. I was merely explaining that a wolf can't use the apple as a weapon to kill a goodie by passing it on to one who already received it. Therefore, MrK's query about whether we should keep the list of those who received it under wraps was unnecessary.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

well I would not blame someone for assuming that I might say who I am given I seem to be the most likely to die otherwise. There could be a big swing but i'll be offline in soon

If we're almost all listing player x and player y in our ffas most likely they're our next 2 lynches (and if we round up now they have time to defend themselves). If player x had the apple already we go with that. We just expedite and get an extra kill

As in pass player x the apple and lynch player y. Just in case I wasn't clear. I'm not saying we do it randomly, only if our FFAs come out that way

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Again, not saying it was some fool proof tactic. With nothing else to go on, and the way this game works there was nothing else to go on, my logic was to vote for someone I thought the village could possibly afford to lose. Maybe that logic was flawed (less so than "I don't like your name") but it wasn't malicious.

Yeah :D

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    To be fair a lot of assumptions are being made about the apple and I feel people are taking assumptions as fact as the day goes on.

Oh I get that bj, it’s more that certain questions or statements are more useful to the wolves than others. Hence why I’m asking for reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Sorry Bounty Hunter, you really have your jimmies rustled for sure. Yes I could have came on and said it was me, I think I was AFK for a short time and someone said it wasn't the person I said. I did a list of all of Barrys posts and misread the one about snow white and that was why I posted.

But I had a migraine and couldn't be assed helping a wolf out, and all it would take was someone to point out I had made an error. Anyone could have said it was me! and if YOU looked, then you would have seen that too.

All I can say is it added heat to you and you seem like a panicked wolf. I am happy to keep you in my number 1 spot and happy that when you die a wolf it will help clear me.

Oh and Grumpy, the problem with your plan is I am on it and I am on the good side of the town so really don't want it back. But obvs if I do get it back and when I die it least it will take the thing out of play and maybe not harm a good roled player so there is a plus too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

As in pass player x the apple and lynch player y. Just in case I wasn't clear. I'm not saying we do it randomly, only if our FFAs come out that way

This makes no sense. If a villager gets the apple twice, then two villagers die, regardless of the lynch. How is potentially killing three villagers in one fell swoop a good idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Yep I was being stupid about the apple. I didn’t realise that it had to go from a goodie to goodie and also didn’t realise that a wolf would have to out themselves in order to use the apple.

Anyway I’m doing my ffas now and was going to collate the ffas given so far now that I’ve an hour free

Virtanen wrote: »
    This makes no sense. If a villager gets the apple twice, then two villagers die, regardless of the lynch. How is potentially killing three villagers in one fell swoop a good idea?

Missed that two die

scratch the plan

All I can say is it added heat to you and you seem like a panicked wolf. I am happy to keep you in my number 1 spot and happy that when you die a wolf it will help clear me.

It wont clear you..... you could easily be on the other team or an SK. BHs death does nothing to clear you.

Sure how do we know your not busing a wolf buddy.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I realise that I’ve been of very little use to the village so far but there are only so many hours in the day

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Yep I was being stupid about the apple. I didn’t realise that it had to go from a goodie to goodie and also didn’t realise that a wolf would have to out themselves in order to use the apple.

Anyway I’m doing my ffas now and was going to collate the ffas given so far now that I’ve an hour free

I'm collating. But an auditor is no bad thing if you're keen on doing it too.

See my point above, if we're mostly agreed in FFAs on one of the people who already had the apple, then we pass it to them, and get a lynch too

Ok fair enough I get that, albeit it’s risky if we don’t know if it’s the same for everyone. That said if they survive it’s also a free peek.

don't worry MsF not that I don;t think your a wolf but I think the village has me as the prime candidate and they have already gotten it wrong too much while wolves struck so after conversing in my backroom for a bit I will probably reveal my role before sleeping so I can know I at least gave them as much info as possible and it was up to them if they still wanted to hit me or look elsewhere for a real wolf.

• Advertisement

I believe Drumpot said that we lose two villagers if another village gets it, so assuming we do give it to a villager, we would lose two before the lynch happened. So we would be two villagers down.

So we go for the top two on our FFA, if one had the apple before we give it to them and the other is lynched? By your above statement it assumes nothing would change and the top of today's FFA would be the lynched tomorrow, but that's not always the case.

Ok fair enough I get that, albeit it’s risky if we don’t know if it’s the same for everyone. That said if they survive it’s also a free peek.

Do two villagers definitely die if we get it wrong?

Does a wolf have to out themselves as a wolf to pass the apple?

I read back and missed these points somehow

don't worry MsF not that I don;t think your a wolf but I think the village has me as the prime candidate and they have already gotten it wrong too much while wolves struck so after conversing in my backroom for a bit I will probably reveal my role before sleeping so I can know I at least gave them as much info as possible and it was up to them if they still wanted to hit me or look elsewhere for a real wolf.

You are top of the FFAs as we stand, out of 8 votes. If you've something important to tells us, why not say now and, if we believe you, it could prevent your lynch. Sure, wolves could end up killing you over your role, but if the alternative is that you'll die anyway by lynch, then you'll at least be saving another player from being targeted next by the wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭deoxygenated

Vote's in gonna sleep now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Why are you continuing this line of thought?

Drumpot wrote: »
    Apple moves on twice a day.

There are dynamics to it that could work in favor of either team. I’m still not sure I should disclose all it’s secrets.

If a person receives the apple twice , we might lose 2 people unless Prince Charming sorts it out.

One of the ways the apple issue moves on is if the baddies kill the person with the apple.

That's per Drumpot. Well if someone gives the apple to someone who has already had it I think there's a strong argument to be made for that person being a wolf. So in that sense they would be outing themselves. I haven't seen it been stated but I may have missed it.

quickbeam wrote: »
    You are top of the FFAs as we stand, out of 8 votes. If you've something important to tells us, why not say now and, if we believe you, it could prevent your lynch. Sure, wolves could end up killing you over your role, but if the alternative is that you'll die anyway by lynch, then you'll at least be saving another player from being targeted next by the wolves.

I dont think it's hugely important but yeah given those reasons I will with plenty of time before the vote just checking with one other in a back room. don't want to out anyone else so do not expect to be confirmed in what I say.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The lack of Necro on FFAs is.... refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

beakerjoe wrote: »
    It wont clear you..... you could easily be on the other team or an SK. BHs death does nothing to clear you.

Sure how do we know your not busing a wolf buddy.....?

I wouldn't be funking this hard otherwise! I wouldn't draw this sort of attention to myself.

• Advertisement

Player | #1 | #2 | #3
    Bounty Hunter | Flush | MrKingsley | Grumpy
    Banjo | Quickbeam | MrKingsely | DarkDolly
    Lord TSC | BountyH | Flush | Mr Kingsley
    sKeith | PartyJ | Flush | BountyH
    Beakerjoe | PartyJ | BountyH | Mr Kingsley
    Flush | BountyH | Beaker | Lord
    Quickbeam | BountyH | PartyJ | Trit
    Strawbs | BountyH | Lord | Beaker

FFA#1