Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXII - Disney Classics Showdown

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Barry_Lyndon

lads i have the apple, what do?

Give it to strawberry if she hasn’t had it !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

That fecking apple. It’s obviously looking for a certain target

We know barn a know baddie, had the aoplr5 and didnt die.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    We know barn a know baddie, had the aoplr5 and didnt die.

Can’t believe an didntvgive is itsvriles

Give it to strawberry if she hasn’t had it !

Not until we get at least one seer past the sk kill!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Im actually curious as to why barney didnt give the apple to his wolf mate? I mean it would have been the smart move, wouldnt it? Has the wolf already had the apple? Or did he? Although i had cleard grumpy as a wolf for being late to the party.

Whays the apple list and does it add up?

• Advertisement

Not until we get at least one seer past the sk kill!

Apple passes after the kill

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

quickbeam wrote: »
    Are people really not getting what Guffy's saying? I'm not the cleverest, I'll admit, but even I'm getting it.

Guffy was one of the few (it would appear) who twigged that Barney, as part of team Mag would go after Strawbs today. He, Barney, knew that there was a good chance that Strawbs would be protected by MrsF, and that MrsF and the person calling the hit would die. As Barney was already outed, he was the one to call the hit.

Guffy, having twigged this, wanted PJ to kill Barney prior to the munch so another one of team Mag would be forced to put in the kill order on Strawbs, thus we'd get two of team Mag - Barney by PJ's arrow, and AN Other by MrsF's protection*.

Team Alpha also went for Strawbs. Evidently those in team Alpha hadn't twigged what Guffy did, or wanted to be sure at getting Strawbs, or thought that two wolf teams going after one protected player might result in the target being killed anyway - who knows. But the fact that team Alpha "wasted" a kill trying to go for Strawbs is indication that Guffy isn't part of team Alpha as he understood, prior to lynch that it would be a waste if team Mag were going after her. As Gaston is Team Alpha, Guffy can't be Gaston, or any wolf, except maybe the SK, though I'd be inclined to believe him villager.
    "bad feeling" day one was legit enough as we'd so little to go on. Shame you can't come up with anything specific by now. Seems nobody can!

:Bangs Head!!!
    Okay, gotta get back to the books, esp with this been a speed day, time will be limited enough. I've cast my vote as a placeholder.

Before i go though, a few people are saying I'm bad but giving no reasons. I think if I was a wolf I'd let this lie and hope it gets swept under the carpet and forgotten about. I'm not a wolf, and if anything I've posted needs explaining please point it out to me so I can do so when I'm back. Or peek me if absolutely necessary, though it'll be a waste of (probably) our last peek.
    My tea's gone cold :(
    What now?
    I saw that!

:confused::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I'm liking you a lot better today Barry - cheese and Red Dwarf - two of my favourite things!!
    Winning by cheating is no way to win.
    Pot / Kettle!!

I think it's merely fair that you answer the questions I pose. I don't know why you wouldn't.

And you know, I was actually just getting to like you today too.

But fair enough. I'm not going to engage any more with you. If anybody else has any genuine concerns about me being a wolf and would like to explain why I'd be happy to hear and explain.

I won't put you on actual Ignore as there could be important game stuff I'll miss. But I will effectively ignore you from now on, since you are determined to call me names, and ignore my questions.
    Forget that! Why don't you tell me why you think I'm a wolf first, as I've asked you three times already?
    Was Banjo mod-killed or lynched?

If the former, is there a lynch also? Mufassa is dead so please don't make us wait until 8.30pm!!
    Ah, Jaysus!!!
    I'm still on Banjo.

Confused :(

Some of QBs posts I thought were rather fluffy, not all her posts but a majority. That's what made me think there was something off, also some overly aggressive "tell me why you're suspicious of me, tell me why, tell me why". Not much to go off but that's what I got

Apple passes after the kill

So it would come with me if I die?

Guffy wrote: »
    Im actually curious as to why barney didnt give the apple to his wolf mate? I mean it would have been the smart move, wouldnt it? Has the wolf already had the apple? Or did he? Although i had cleard grumpy as a wolf for being late to the party.

Who's had the apple? I don't want to kill anyone: Drumpot, MrsF, Barney, PJ??

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Arabtinian

I wanna lynch duffman or the Arab and I won’t be here at 2 :(

Both in with the sympathy posts right after the lynch. Just like barney was last night when the arrow missed flushy. That’s why I peeked him.

Im a villager..ill agree not a very helpful one. You may lynch me no prob but you ll be wasting a chance to get a wolf.

After reading all the posts this mornin i would be inclined to thing guffy is ok. It makes sense what he was trying to accomplish gettin barney shot by the arrow early.

• Advertisement

Guffy wrote: »

Yer assuming that grumpy isn’t a wolf but she could be I haven’t got a How but what if she isn’t a confirmed nrv from day 1

Iso lol

Did I do this wrong?

Maybe if the holder of the apple is killed, so too is the killer. Or the holder gets a snog. I didn’t get the shift off beast :(

Arabtinian wrote: »
    Im a villager..ill agree not a very helpful one. You may lynch me no prob but you ll be wasting a chance to get a wolf.

After reading all the posts this mornin i would be inclined to thing guffy is ok. It makes sense what he was trying to accomplish gettin barney shot by the arrow early.

And what about who’s not ok? I see you’re reading Arab.

Did I do this wrong?

No it’s that I’m introducing erma

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Yer assuming that grumpy isn’t a wolf but she could be I haven’t got a How but what if she isn’t a confirmed nrv from day 1

O its pure assumption. Nothing that grumpy has done but rather when she was introduced. Granted she may have just benn left off the list.

Ok in my eyes grumpy is either nrv or Barney's last team member. But when i said I'd give flushy the apple so did grumpy so its a good lean.

If you’s think the sk is gonna kill me next then give me the apple

Maybe if the holder of the apple is killed, so too is the killer. Or the holder gets a snog. I didn’t get the shift off beast :(

I was thinking they might get resurrected as in the story

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Some of QBs posts I thought were rather fluffy, not all her posts but a majority. That's what made me think there was something off, also some overly aggressive "tell me why you're suspicious of me, tell me why, tell me why". Not much to go off but that's what I got

I'd allow that four of those you quoted were fluffy (those below). But that was part of the banter of the game. Hell, others were talking about tea and soda bread before the munch, doesn't make them wolf any more than it makes me one for posting on the same theme. Still a small percentage overall, IMO.

I'm sorry you thought I was aggressive. But when accused for no reason the wolfish thing to do is to ignore, hope it goes away. The village thing is to enquire. But then my enquiries were being ignored or deflected, so I persisted. Politely, I thought, especially considering that Tigger was purposely trying to wind me up, which I figured out eventually before leaving the conversation. Evidently not as politely as I'd intended them to be though.

At least "fluffy posts" is marginally better than "bad feeling", which is marginally better than no reason at all! So thanks for at least going to the effort of looking through my posts before accusing me. If that comes across as sarcastic I don't mean it to be. I genuinely appreciate some effort going in to the accusations against me.
    My tea's gone cold :(
    What now?
    I'm liking you a lot better today Barry - cheese and Red Dwarf - two of my favourite things!!
    Ah, Jaysus!!!

MOD Q

Does a player find out if there was an attack on them but they survived?

• Advertisement

I'd allow that four of those you quoted were fluffy (those below). But that was part of the banter of the game. Hell, others were talking about tea and soda bread before the munch, doesn't make them wolf any more than it makes me one for posting on the same theme. Still a small percentage overall, IMO.

I'm sorry you thought I was aggressive. But when accused for no reason the wolfish thing to do is to ignore, hope it goes away. The village thing is to enquire. But then my enquiries were being ignored or deflected, so I persisted. Politely, I thought, especially considering that Tigger was purposely trying to wind me up, which I figured out eventually before leaving the conversation. Evidently not as politely as I'd intended them to be though.

At least "fluffy posts" is marginally better than "bad feeling", which is marginally better than no reason at all! So thanks for at least going to the effort of looking through my posts before accusing me. If that comes across as sarcastic I don't mean it to be. I genuinely appreciate some effort going in to the accusations against me.

Its not hard evidence I'll admit, but you wanted to know why people thought you were suspicious, that's why I was suspicious of you. They aggressiveness made me think it was less in defense of the village and more in defense of yourself.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Its not hard evidence I'll admit, but you wanted to know why people thought you were suspicious, that's why I was suspicious of you. They aggressiveness made me think it was less in defense of the village and more in defense of yourself.

Yeah, I know. And I appreciate it. At least it's something I can defend against. Now whether you believe my defense or not I can't say, but at least I can put one up.

In other news, what to i do with this bleedin apple

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

MOD Q

Does a player find out if there was an attack on them but they survived?

They might.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Just caught up on the morning's activities

I'll have to look back through my notes to see who I think is the best candidate is for the lynch. I was convinced of BH last night, but with Belle coming out and confirming BH as the apprentice, I'm happy to let that go for now

And what about who’s not ok? I see you’re reading Arab.

Ive no absolute bad guys picked but cant help but think bj, qb and bounty are part of the bad crew.

Ive no concrete reason on qb but it feels like they saying all the correct things they need to say to come across as a villager but i cant shake the feeling they are wolfish. Again its only a feeling and i admit not much to go on. But that will prob be my lynch vote

Necrominus wrote: »
    They might.

Fire my last arrow at Necro please

I was thinking they might get resurrected as in the story

So give it to me or bounty and let the sk have the dilemma

In other news, what to i do with this bleedin apple

The apple can only be passed to villagers or among all baddies and goodies alike?

• Advertisement

So give it to me or bounty and let the sk have the dilemma

Sounds good to me, objections?

Advertisement