Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Clouds to the left of me,
    Clouds to the right,
    Here I am, Stuck in the middle with you!

452925.gif

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

pauldry wrote: »

no breaks in cloud until 4 or 5pm id say n by then too late to break 19

Really? Some of my highest temperatures have been recorded at 6/7pm in recent weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

km79 wrote: »
    Cloudy and feeling cool at 17 degrees
    So just like much of last summer except it’s dry

It feels divine. Have to admit the cloudiness is a bit of a shock to the system given the long run of sunny days we've had, but I'm not complaining.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    It feels divine. Have to admit the cloudiness is a bit of a shock to the system given the long run of sunny days we've had, but I'm not complaining.

You must have really enjoyed last autumn so ? Seen as it lasted for 8 months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Roasting in the sun now.. Clouds all gone..West Mayo. offshore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Another horribly warm day in Dublin city. I'd love this weather if my house was on the coast somewhere, but in the middle of this housing estate, it just seems to draw out the most anti social behaviour in so many people. Couldn't open the windows at the front of the house last night because neighbours further down the street were boozing out front until post midnight, but keeping them closed was a miserable experience too. Toddler is miserable too, he's puking with the heat and very grumpy.

Seriously, is there a cooler end in sight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

MJohnston wrote: »
    Another horribly warm day in Dublin city. I'd love this weather if my house was on the coast somewhere, but in the middle of this housing estate, it just seems to draw out the most anti social behaviour in so many people. Couldn't open the windows at the front of the house last night because neighbours further down the street were boozing out front until post midnight, but keeping them closed was a miserable experience too. Toddler is miserable too, he's puking with the heat and very grumpy.

It's tolerable in Dublin 5 to me. I just went for a walk and I thought it was nice. I can tolerate heat by day but not at night. There is a cooldown at the end of next week but at the moment it looks like it won't last long.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Disappointingly chilly in Tuam. Back in to the trousers for me! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Disappointingly chilly in Tuam. Back in to the trousers for me! :(

Brightening and warming up nicely now
    Still better than all of July and August last year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

MJohnston wrote: »

Have someone playing a keyboard all morning and it sounds like they are auditioning for the elevator music equivalent of the proms. :( It's bloody awful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Very overcast in Castlebar today, no sign of the clouds breaking, still 20.3C and feeling quite humid out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Roasting in cork city, feels like the warmest day so far even though it isn’t. Absolutely gorgeous.

24 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Complete blue skies for the past hour or so. Absolutely gorgeous like SleetAndSnow in Cork.

Loads of kids at my house today though wanting to play in my pool and water slide.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

near 18c n Sligo n still cloudy. Blue sky to se.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Clear sky and 23.3C in Dublin 11. The high was 23.6C in the last half hour. I cut the grass out the back just now and it was very dusty. There's been no rain recorded here since a very small amount on the 28th May.
    I leave the bedroom windows slightly open 365 days a year. I couldn't sleep with them closed. I don't know how anybody could survive with them closed at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Cloudy again this weekend in Galway as it has been every weekend since this warm weather began 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

similar in Sligo the weekdays hv been sunnier but wev done extraordinary out of this spell

a few more weeks of this and it will be one of NW Irelands great Summers

even 1995 had a cloudy misty at times July in NW

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

pauldry wrote: »
    similar in Sligo the weekdays hv been sunnier but wev done extraordinary out of this spell

a few more weeks of this and it will be one of NW Irelands great Summers

even 1995 had a cloudy misty at times July in NW

July 1995 wasn’t a particularly sunny month for the large majority of places.

I’m really loving today after that high cloud or mist completely dissipated. I’d go as far to say that it’s the best June day I’ve experienced.

Long time lurker first time poster :)

I'm in Temple Bar at the minute and it's very warm. The blue skies are lovely and the cool breeze in the sunshine but jaysus I'm in bits. My feet are cut because of stupid sandals and my hair has turned in to a kind of mad electrocuted looking frizz so I have to tie it back. I get in to work a sweaty mess and have to stand in front of the fan.

Is it going to be like this for the foreseeable future or will there be a reprieve of a few weeks with cooler temperatures?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Well the relative coolness of the earlier part of the day didn't last long. The screaming sun is back out again with temps back up to the high 40s. People are literally collapsing on the street gasping for shade and water. :(

New Moon

• Advertisement

People are literally collapsing on the street gasping for shade and water. :(

Ah now. Let's not get carried away :p

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Well the relative coolness of the earlier part of the day didn't last long. The screaming sun is back out again with temps back up to the high 40s. People are literally collapsing on the street gasping for shade and water. :(

What? What part of Galway?! I'd give serious consideration to driving to whereever you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Still a clear sky and 24.0c. It reached 24.4C a half hour ago.

This question is mainly aimed at people from Dublin. Does anyone smell smoke? I've been smelling it since yesterday evening.

Exceptionally good weather in Dublin. No clouds other than the big ones to my far SW.

Artane2002 wrote: »
    This question is mainly aimed at people from Dublin. Does anyone smell smoke? I've been smelling it since yesterday evening.

Exceptionally good weather in Dublin. No clouds other than the big ones to my far SW.

This maybe? Gorse fires in Howth

http://jrnl.ie/4061818

That makes a lot of sense, thanks! :)

Just as I ask friends over, I look at the netweather radar and see the first band of heavy rain heading towards Cork in weeks. Ffs :( Looks like it wont last long but the place will be soaked if it hits, hopefully not lol

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

Just as I ask friends over, I look at the netweather radar and see the first band of heavy rain heading towards Cork in weeks. Ffs Looks like it wont last long but the place will be soaked if it hits, hopefully not lol

I've been waiting for a downpour in Macroom but it seems to be splitting east & west of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Been dreading this. Was almost inevitable. So sad. Hope the firefighters stay safe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Reservoir levels must be taking a bit of a hit here on the east at this stage. There hasn't been much rain even since before this heatwave.

Advertisement