Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Is the sun expected to come out ?

Yes, a few sunny spells are expected to break out than be completely overcast but cloudier than recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Whilst I wouldn’t say it’s normal service resumed here it’s certainly a big change. Completely overcast and much cooler.

Quite a reduction in positive heights on the latest CFSv2 for July 2018 now. The chart is still a very warm setup as the air is coming from off the continent from a southeasterly direction but with the lower heights, it means it'd be thundery than dry. Its rainfall and temperature anomalies are strange considering this 700mb height anomaly though as it shows average temperatures and dry conditions.

Is this where everything is going to go pear shaped from now on? Some people have been wishing for rain well you are likely to get your wish going by the latest outlooks from the shorter range models and lots of it. As the saying goes, be careful what you wish for.

2eSWXqj.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

My pond has dropped by over 20cm. It's only 45cm at its deepest. Water butt is also empty so have to use tap water for plants which is not desirable so yes, a good drop off rain would be very welcome. I love the sun and the heat but I've a lot of plants to tend to and they do like water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

The clouds are now breaking up to give sunny spells.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Heavily overcast in Galway with light breeze. 15c and feels just perfect. No harm that a potential rainy spell is coming up. Summer rain is what makes this country green after all.

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Likewise the water tanks need topping up and I have a lot of ponds that could do with a filling. Good to see all the local farmers drawing in their silage / hay under good conditions and no doubt will be watching for rain to clear out their slurry tanks. Not my favourite time living in the country but needs to be done. So any farmers out there Tues/ Weds a good time to spread slurry before the rain arrives which looks to be quite heavy along Atlantic counties later Weds/ Thurs but looks to move through during the dark hours.

YjEXm8Q.png

ulTfpVe.png

hgvtsKz.png

4fufEZ3.png

BPCNxWI.png

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

What I call sunny clouds.

ME is saying it's 19 degrees in Dublin. My friend is in Croke Park and says it's roasting out. Think I'll stay inside a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Completely overcast in Castlebar again today and only 16.7C, first time since this spell started we have not cracked 20C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Graces7 wrote: »
    What I call sunny clouds.

Now gone to cloudy clouds.. West Mayo offshore.. Feels like rain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

It’s coming to an end isn’t it 🙇*♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lovely evening
    Dinner outside
    Not anywhere near as hot as last week but grand !

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jeez we were really spoilt. I'm absolutely frozen today!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Jeez we were really spoilt. I'm absolutely frozen today!

Same! Max of 15.7c here in West Clare and relentlessly cloudy. Not that cold in the scheme of things but I certainly felt it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

that unmistakeable grey light is back,the kind that sucks the colour out of everything including your soul,the kind of light that makes life in ireland depressing and miserable.No vividness,no colour,no passion,just drearyness.grey people with grey faces and grey buildings.

annnnnnnnd... it feels like an average good day in early autumn,overcast,mild and dry today. The three week fine spell was phenomenal,3 thunderstorm warnings,two of which were orange level,rarely get one warning in an average summer ,let alone three,let alone happening so early in the summer.

unfortunately this is how i see the forseeable.

[IMG][/img]fm5a0.png

and que the misery fest of complaining,after the complaining about the heat,
    gosh,i love a good dose of misery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's quite pleasant in the garden now with no intense heat and the sun going down. It's 21.3C now. There was a high of 24.2C a couple of hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

It was too warm now its too feckin cold and its over feckin 3 days sooner than expected:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

It's certainly not over in Dublin 5 at all. Lovely day here after the main batch of clouds cleared with prolonged sunny spells. Obviously not as good as the last few days but I'll happily take more of this over rain and wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Hooter23 wrote: »
    It was too warm now its too feckin cold and its over feckin 3 days sooner than expected:pac:

go to the pub,its dark and warm inside,no point in going outside now.
    nurse a pint and complain about something.

this day last week you could have had a barbeque.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

got too 21.4 degrees in Cork City. Its 20.2 now. Was cloudy and humid all day but its brighting up now again. Not the worst day we have had :) Still warm

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Looked like up around Mt Leinster got rain this afternoon,sky got very black and I was expecting thunder. Clouded over about 3.30pm. Sun out again this evening. Hit 23c here in Enniscorthy today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Yeah, it was another blazing day of sunshine and ultra-muggy heat here in Dublin 7, accompanied by the neighbours tinny speakers belting out shíte pop-dance-music. I'll happily house-swap with anyone under grey skies and rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Roasting in Kildare as well, more cloud than the rest of the week but still felt just as hot. Hopefully we'll squeeze another couple of days out of it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

God its soo cold in NW again

Was it really this cold before the warm spell

How did we survive?

At least the pigmuck weather will be mobile so bright and dark not dull

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

pauldry wrote: »
    God its soo cold in NW again

Was it really this cold before the warm spell

How did we survive?

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm absolutely frozen today!

tumblr_p1p888JFRG1ql2w65o2_640.gif

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Another warm day with a Max Temp of 22.6c at my station in Waterford. A lot more cloud about which led to a brief heavy shower around 4pm. Just 0.3mm recorded which makes the total since May 12th just 5.5mm.

Pity we will see the great spell end but its early in the Summer so chances are good for a return.

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

yes a month of good weather is quite a lot in fairness

prob normal Summer now of ups and downs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Cloudy, cool and grey all day in Limerick. The colours reflect my mood after Tipperary's demise at the hands of Clare today.

However, the past three wonderful weeks have catapulted us well and truly into Summer 2018, whatever the next month or so brings. I have thoroughly enjoyed them.....and also the thunder. :)

Advertisement