Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

ECM showing the area of LP for Weds / Thurs deepening as it passes close to Ireland . It looks deeper on the last two runs and showing strong winds off the W, NW / N coast in the early hours of Thurs morning all the while aided by a very fast jet which looks set to influence our weather for the foreseeable future with an active Atlantic.

Winds look like gusting 90-110 along the W, NW and N and easing later in the morning. Strong for the time of year.

Gusty through Thurs.

wupyQKT.png

j7aBHyv.png

gLlYLN9.png

F1WlSqv.png

JIhqwZS.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

The most comparable June storm that I know of to how the ECM evolves is that of 1st/2nd June 2015.

archives-2015-6-2-0-0.png

The highest gust recorded was 115 km/hr at Malin Head on the 1st.

This one on the current ECM looks more intense than that so could have major impacts alright if it verifies.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Yea one to watch. It has been deepening over the last couple of runs and the main models have moved it closer to Ireland, models are differing at this stage but would be inclined to stick with the ECM and GFS this far out. The Jet being so strong is a major factor. What a way to end the good run of weather!

tempresult_edp7.gif

Moves along quickly.

LpMGhwe.gif?1

2T4lAva.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

You know the way a lot of us have been mentioning over the past few years about us getting punished here in ireland for having a good run of good weather....?

Yeah well I’m really really really starting to believe in that now ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

MÉ have downgraded the temperatures quite significantly for the next few days.

Max of 15.7c in West Clare and not a bit of sun, glad to see the back of the day. I'd rather it lash rain than that weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Longing for a wind and a good rain. Sunny weather is grand but so is rain. Clear the air, replenish the earth..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Thankfully the sun is out here, and its feels warm, we dont want the rain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Cloudy warm and humid in cork. Meh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Graces7 wrote: »
    Longing for a wind and a good rain. Sunny weather is grand but so is rain. Clear the air, replenish the earth..

Seems like you will be getting your wish in spades by Wednesday. Rain, wind and plenty of both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

The cloud's breaking up and the sun is coming out here in Glasnevin. It's 16.0C now.

• Advertisement

Seems like you will be getting your wish in spades by Wednesday. Rain, wind and plenty of both.

And then it'll be oh we want the nice warm and sunny back, i hate this wind and rain, its vicious cycle this weather malarky.

Really great morning here, sun is beating down, and feeling warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Someone give me a glimmer of hope that there will be a re-load of this amazing weather after the unsettled spell. This has me completely spoiled! Spain who?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

the azores high lerking to our south again from early next week,trying to build across the country on gfs 00z

airpressure.png

airpressure.png

airpressure.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

shots of heat reserved only for southeastern quadrant of uk.
    come,let us huddle around the warm glow of this chart and try and remember the heat.

ukmaxtemp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Yesterday was the first day that my station recorded a max less than 20c:

ZP0LNyS.png

Breaking a run of 18 consecutive days that recorded over this threshold. Today, like yesterday, is cloudy and lightly breezy. Still takes getting used to but it feels so pleasant.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

It’s over :(

No Summer is perfect from start to finish, even 1995 and 1976. They all have their moderations at some point and some years, Summer can extend out as far as October. We're only into June.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

sryanbruen wrote: »
    No Summer is perfect from start to finish, even 1995 and 1976. They all have their moderations at some point and some years, Summer can extend out as far as October. We're only into June.

Nahhh...we know in our heart of hearts thats it for this year as far as a decent run of weather...happens every year...
    Off to the travel agents everyone!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭giveitholly

km79 wrote: »
    It’s over :(

Bit early to be writing the whole summer off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

thats nonsense.

this Summer is far from over.

We will get 2 or 3 more warm spells at least

• Advertisement

Great! easier to breathe today already...:D:) It has been getting like a stuffy room of late. Open the windows!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Bit early to be writing the whole summer off

Dont forget this is ireland...you could write most summers off before they even begin:pac:

pauldry wrote: »
    thats nonsense.

this Summer is far from over.

We will get 2 or 3 more warm spells at least

Care to wager a little sum on that? ;)

And then it'll be oh we want the nice warm and sunny back, i hate this wind and rain, its vicious cycle this weather malarky.

Really great morning here, sun is beating down, and feeling warm.

Not here it won't. Love the variety ! Love the erratic climate.

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Dont forget this is ireland...you could write most summers off before they even begin:pac:

Can I have your Winter forecast whilst you're at it?

Your comment doesn't make logical sense. Ireland's climate is so changeable that you don't know how it's going to end out.

Hooter23 wrote: »

Very true...I'd imagine travel agents and websites will see an increase in business come this weekend:(

Steve F wrote: »
    Nahhh...we know in our heart of hearts thats it for this year as far as a decent run of weather...happens every year...
    Off to the travel agents everyone!!!:)

Who's "we"? 'Cause I'm most certainly not part of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Last night was the first night that it felt too warm to sleep. The low was 14.2C at 8am so every hour previously was warmer. It's currently 18.5C and mostly cloudy with the occasional glimpse of the sun.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Not here it won't. Love the variety ! Love the erratic climate.

Ah but grace, when the cats wont go out cos its to wet and cold or the windows and house are shaking cos its to windy, you'll want the nice calm warm and sunny weather back, you know you will ;)

• Advertisement

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Who's "we"? 'Cause I'm most certainly not part of that.

:D

Advertisement