Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cutting the lawn and had to go back in and get a light jacket :(
    But at least it’s dry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

calm down people, encouraging signs again on the gfs 12z,the azores high is swelling and puffing itself up,towards ireland next week.

its orientation wont bring any proper warmth but at least it would be dry and mild and
    its an encouraging sign that this summer might not be a one hit wonder.

airpressure.png

Never in doubt :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

The wind seems to have picked up a bit in the last few hours.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

ECM continues to show strong winds Weds into Thurs ( stronger in fact than previous runs ) and more so along W, NW and N coastal counties with the storm system tracking closer to the coast than previous runs . With the Jet so strong this could evolve and has the potential to deepen further and become even stronger. Has the potential to become a named storm I would have thought.

Zt76IWq.png

WHxDMEA.png

VZzdpNd.png

2c166y.gifvia Imgflip GIF Maker

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

More like a winter system, bearing in mind the trees are in full leaf.

What the other models look like. A very fast moving system driven by a very fast jet.

nmmuk-11-72-0_yda6.png

ICON more widespread strong winds but not as strong in the W, NW, N as the ECM

tempresult_fog0.gif

tempresult_chq9.gif

tempresult_dtd4.gif

Disgusting

RxooERZ.png

Pjeigwh.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just finished cutting the grass, very cloudy and feels way cooler then of late, still in my shorts and tee shirt, so will be ready for the next blast of warmth that'll grace us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Just finished cutting the grass, very cloudy and feels way cooler then of late, still in my shorts and tee shirt, so will be ready for the next blast of warmth that'll grace us.

Likewise Rick but without the shorts and T-shirt. The familiar grey slate is back over us unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A nice evening in Castlebar after a cool and overcast day, first time we had rain in quite a while as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Cut 15m of Bray Hedge today in Flower patterned Wine coloured Shorts and green T-Shirt....and brown steel toed workmans boots. Proper scruffy Irish labourers mish mash attire ;):D

Sun in and out behind the clouds but out 50% of the time all in I estimate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I see the UK Met Office have gone and tempted the Wrath of God by declaring a long hot summer which will resume in about 10 days. If that doesn't dash all hope I don't know what will! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I see the UK Met Office have gone and tempted the Wrath of God by declaring a long hot summer which will resume in about 10 days. If that doesn't dash all hope I don't know what will! :D

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

These long term weather predictions are to be taken with a trailer load of salt you cant read much into them. Coolish and overcast again today sky was grey grey grey.

Jet Stream exiting the US heading for Ireland over the coming days.

Nice view of Hurricane Bud off the W coast of Mexico and Post Tropical Cyclone Aletta to the W of it.

WsPOa5u.gif

Y7YBFEp.gif?1

Sunshine hours today:

Johnstown Castle 6.6 ☀️
    Valentia 5.0
    Belmullet 3.2
    Malin Head 2.6
    Dublin Airport 1.7
    Casement Aerodrome 1.0
    Cork Airport 1.0
    Shannon Airport 0.2
    Gurteen 0.1 https://t.co/YsmjcGy2fj

Delightful

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Lovely cool, fresh restful morning. Clouds... West Mayo; offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Feeling notably colder this morning than any morning last week, mainly due to the breeze, it still feels fine though. Large amounts of cloud around but the sun is shining

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

yes,yes and yes.
    (off to secretly stockup on suncream)

ukmaxtemp.png

airpressure.png

airpressure.png

airpressure.png

airpressure.png

airpressure.png

Yellow wind warning up on met.ie..

NATIONAL WARNINGS

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Connacht, Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal and Clare
    On Wednesday evening and night and for a time on Thursday morning, south to southwest winds, veering westerly, will reach mean speeds of 55 to 65 km/hr with gusts of 90 to 110 km/hr. Winds will be strongest in coastal areas.

Issued: Tuesday 12 June 2018 10:00

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Certainly looks interesting on the latest runs.

Arpege is notably strong across a swathe of the country..

Certainly will be a shock to the system compared to recent weather types!

max gusts from Arpege until midday Thursday

arpegeuk-52-53-0.png?12-13

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Graces7 wrote: »
    Snow?

Hail.

New Moon

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I wonder what the sirens are for in the second video? That sound would scare the bejaysus out of you! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Turned into a beautifullg sunny evening in West Clare, rather surprised!

Glorious afterevening here on the offshore West Mayo Ireland.. Sun, warm breeze... Bliss...

• Advertisement

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Hail.

Ah..OH MY! :eek:

Advertisement