Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Glad to get a bit of respite from that heat personally, we've all been able to actually sleep soundly in our house the last couple of nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

first proper rain in Cork City in at least 2 + weeks or so. Im dreading how fast the grass is going to shoot up now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

first proper rain in Cork City in at least 2 + weeks or so. Im dreading how fast the grass is going to shoot up now! :)

Probably for the best, first rain in 3 and a half weeks here and much of the grass is turning a scary shade of orange yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

I don't know if there'll be much respite from the heat tonight. The temperature here at the moment is 16.4C and rising slowly and has been for the last couple of hours. The indoor temperature has also been slowly rising. Also the humidity.

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    I don't know if there'll be much respite from the heat tonight. The temperature here at the moment is 16.4C and rising slowly and has been for the last couple of hours. The indoor temperature has also been slowly rising. Also the humidity.

The wind makes a big difference though - the last couple of weeks warm air was just gathering in our top floor and no matter how many open windows, there was nothing to generate any natural air movement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Electricity went at 5am for an hour during which time the neighbours stupid house alarm rang for half an hour
    Woke up to find a tree down in back garden . In the 12 years we have lived here that’s the first one down (must have been weakened by winter storms)
    It’s june FFS

But at least we got “respite “ from the heat

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Are we still in line for good weather at end of June?

Edit: just saw poster squarecircle's post re charts for end of June, looks promising.

Are we still in line for good weather at end of June?

Edit: just saw poster squarecircle's post re charts for end of June, looks promising.

That's a lifetime away in weather forecasting

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Clouds with Blue sky and passing sunshine, good to see it back

km79 wrote: »
    Electricity went at 5am for an hour during which time the neighbours stupid house alarm rang for half an hour
    Woke up to find a tree down in back garden . In the 12 years we have lived here that’s the first one down (must have been weakened by winter storms)
    It’s june FFS

But at least we got “respite “ from the heat

Feels like you're "subtweeting" me here, but I'm only posting my personal experience re: high temperatures. If it could be high teens and sunny during the day, and low teens in the evenings, I'd be very happy. Mostly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭acequion

Last week people were laughing at all us mugs gone to south east Spain to thunder storms aplenty and missing all the glorious weather back home. But as I posted then, all things revert back to default. Spain is now glorious again and alas home is back to the usual muck. My geraniums were resplendent before I left, am seriously worried about the state of them now after bloody Hector.:woot:  Hopefully we've not seen the last of summer 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

We've acclimatised to the warmth here in Wexford,so much so that 20c feels "nippy".
    Yesterday was only 17c and people were going around wrapped up as if it was November.

MJohnston wrote: »
    Feels like you're "subtweeting" me here, but I'm only posting my personal experience re: high temperatures. If it could be high teens and sunny during the day, and low teens in the evenings, I'd be very happy. Mostly.

Never mind me I was /am cranky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

We were due a Summer with a positive NAO by this stage anyway, have not had one since 2013. Notice the red colours just to the south of us and the UK - that's a sign of a stubborn area of high pressure. Wonder what the outlooks would have been like this time in 2013 considering I was not here or model watching.

https://twitter.com/MJVentrice/status/1007218563818688512

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Lovely bright and breezy summer evening. The storm has cleared the air and made all fresh again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Great day here, warm sunshine and a nice drying breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's partly cloudy and 17.9C and breezy. The wind/breeze doesn't feel as cold now as it did last week even though it was far less strong then.

Some heavy deluges here occasionally; they show up wondrously clearly on the met.ie map!
    West Mayo offshore island

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    It's partly cloudy and 17.9C and breezy. The wind/breeze doesn't feel as cold now as it did last week even though it was far less strong then.
    The breeze here would cut ya this evening!
    Wasn’t too bad earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

It’s far from a beautiful summers evening here. We had that the last few weeks it’s blustery and average now let’s call it for what it is.

• Advertisement

It’s far from a beautiful summers evening here. We had that the last few weeks it’s blustery and average now let’s call it for what it is.

Lovely is what it is. Mixed,varied, alive.

Graces7 wrote: »
    Lovely is what it is. Mixed,varied, alive.

It’s not a beautiful summers evening

It’s not a beautiful summers evening

Lovely evening! I love all weather so to me a lovely evening ... . On that agree to differ?Thank you! .

G'night! Sleep calls ...Over and out as rain music soothes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Whats the rain forecast for the Dublin/Bray region overnight?

Have a big rug out outside drying after a very satisfying go at it with a Karcher Jet washer. I like to like dangerously. i used the oscillating concrete cleaning lance! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

km79 wrote: »
    The breeze here would cut ya this evening!
    Indeed. -7.2c currently and in that wind it feels nasty!

New Moon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Oneiric 3 wrote: »

Minus 7.2? OK it has turned much cooler but come on.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Oneiric 3 wrote: »

Where you at? Everest Base Camp? LOL! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

People will disagree with this but I thought it was a nice day. Mostly sunny (but with a lot of cloud around) but cloudy intervals too. Windy but obviously the wind died down a bit as the day progressed. I went for a walk too, it was a little cool though.

Artane2002 wrote: »
    People will disagree with this but I thought it was a nice day. Mostly sunny (but with a lot of cloud around) but cloudy intervals too. Windy but obviously the wind died down a bit as the day progressed. I went for a walk too, it was a little cool though.

Different strokes I guess.

• Advertisement

I had to wear pants today
    PANTS

Booooooooooooooooooooo

Advertisement