Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

OldRio wrote: »
    Heavy showers, some quite persistent here in Leitrim for the fourth day in a row.

Don’t worry someone will be along shortly to tell you it’s gorgeous ha ha.

Pretty average day here reasonable warmth there but overcast and cloudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Don’t worry someone will be along shortly to tell you it’s gorgeous ha ha.

To be fair its all about people opinions of how they feel, its cloudy and misty here today, yesterday it was cloudy and dry and both days felt warm enough to me, others like yourself would probably think thats miserable, but i dont, i actually dont mind what weather we get as long as its not lashing rain and if i can get out and do stuff then its good weather to me

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Looking at the forecasts and the weather some areas have had in recent times, water shortages are going to be a problem. The last decent rainfall for my location in Kilkenny was 12th May 12.6mm. the rest of the month had 5.4mm. So far this June just 9.4mm.
    I was hoping for a lot more rain before the next dry spell but nope...it is not to be. Some areas have been lucky and got a lot more rainfall, western Kilkenny and southern Kilkenny got a lot more rainfall than that due to being in part of the main thunderstorm systems, just got edges of it here.
    So for comparison purposes for the same periods, May being 13th to 31st and June 1st to 17th:
    May 2017: 71.4mm
    May 2018: 5.4mm
    June 2017: 75.2mm
    June 2018: 9.4mm

May 13th to June 17th, 2017: 146.6mm
    May 13th to June 17th, 2018: 14.8mm
    So for the same period I roughly received 10% of the rainfall that I got in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

To be fair its all about people opinions of how they feel, its cloudy and misty here today, yesterday it was cloudy and dry and both days felt warm enough to me, others like yourself would probably think thats miserable, but i dont, i actually dont mind what weather we get as long as its not lashing rain and if i can get out and do stuff then its good weather to me

Or stay in and do stuff ;)

A dry fresh breeze singing loud

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

turning out to be a nice warm, bright afternoon after a misty, drizzly morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Drizzly day in West Clare, cool and breezy. Not very nice to be honest. Perfect tea weather though.

Still a fierce soil moisture deficit here, still a number of orange patches in the drier patches. Wouldn't be normal here, the vegetation is used to being constantly swimming in water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Still cloudy with brief sunny spells. It feels very mild though but it's "only" 18c.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Just 14.9C here near Tralee, overcast and breezy enough making it almost too cool to be in short sleeves.

temp_uk_hot5.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

ECM showing High Pressure building Thurs and Fri. Better temperatures on Fri as Heights build from the South and in general trending warmer from there into the following week.

K1xjUDx.png

iTWNdnd.png

7DzC0IG.png

0K1Ynya.png

puLl24j.png

To show how unreliable MÉ's symbols can be on their website, the temperature symbol shows a high of 13C in Dublin for Tuesday while their text forecast suggests a high somewhere in the low to mid twenties!

• Advertisement

Nasty day, on and off light drizzle, fresh Westerly wind, and temperatures no higher than 14c all day.

Nice to see Met Eireann telling me it's dry with sunny spells at the moment. Pfft.

A sweet clean wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭spookwoman

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Nasty day, on and off light drizzle, fresh Westerly wind, and temperatures no higher than 14c all day.

Nice to see Met Eireann telling me it's dry with sunny spells at the moment. Pfft.

Their site has gone down the drain. Prefer to use weaterh underground, maps and other sources for forecasts now. Think since last year it's more about weather hype, how they look on tv rather than focus on the actual weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Yesterday was balmy in cork city. The wind died down and it got to 21 degrees with blue skies! But more overcast today but still warm enough :)

Yesterday was balmy in cork city. The wind died down and it got to 21 degrees with blue skies! But more overcast today but still warm enough :)

It's 8:40am..... Bit early to judge a days weather!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Graces7 wrote: »
    A sweet clean wind.

Is there such a thing as a sour dirty wind?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Boring yet again at Grange with plenty of cloud and small patches of blue skies. Not bad though.

So 2018 goes and strikes again with confidence growing on the warm (or even hot) end to June looking likely. Could we have our second very warm spell or heatwave of the year? This year just doesn't stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Wet and a tad chilly today in Castlebar, 11.8C and very overcast.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    It's 8:40am..... Bit early to judge a days weather!

Haha true. Either way still overcast but warm again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Boring yet again at Grange with plenty of cloud and small patches of blue skies. Not bad though.

So 2018 goes and strikes again with confidence growing on the warm (or even hot) end to June looking likely. Could we have our second very warm spell or heatwave of the year? This year just doesn't stop!

Possible. Still a bit of sorting out to do yet...

I like the look of the buildup at the moment though. GFS still to come fully on board.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

So long as the warm,fine weather continues into the first few weeks of July I'll be happy.

A persistent drizzle all day long, with a nice Westerly wind too.

I'm not one to moan about the weather, but Jesus this would suck the energy out of you. It's not so bad in December, but it's June ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Possible. Still a bit of sorting out to do yet...

I like the look of the buildup at the moment though. GFS still to come fully on board.

You go on and make a thread anyway.

Legend. :D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057883435

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

You go on and make a thread anyway.

Legend. :D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057883435

If the summer thread is as accurate in it's predictions as the snow one then we are on the ball.

I even heard someone yesterday moaning about the weather breaking and the end of the summer. Little did they know what's potentially around the corner. :)

So changeable, or maybe that is the ocean effect. Went a walk and every facet from rain to blue skies, stiff breeze to calm sun in the space of an hour or two .

West Mayo offshore island

Dry, cloudy, breezy and boring in Dublin 5. Nothing to complain about really, it could be worse.

Some strong wind in cork city all of a sudden

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Very mild and nondescript in Glasnevin. It's cloudy/overcast. And there's a hint of a very slight drizzle about. It's 18.1C. The high earlier was 18.7C.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

cloudy and mild day today with a few spots of drizzle. Temperature peaked at 19C in the afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Although it's still mostly cloudy there is also some blue sky about now. It's 17.4C now.

Advertisement