Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Some interesting stuff I've noticed, the earth in my garden has started to break away from the concrete paths and fence boundary as it shrinks due to the dryness. Yes we have had some rain but very minimal amounts. First time seeing that if I am being honest, but most likely happened in the last heatwave.

Too think that in the Spring 2018 thread I commented about having the water pouring out of my garden onto the road which I never saw before, and now its breaking away from the concrete! I sense a drought coming at some point, especially in the south and east.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Been cloudy most of the day here until about 30mins ago, its now clear sky with the last bit of evening sunshine

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A moist and midgy morning out here. Cloud, drizzle.. dim.. no mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Dry, cloudy, breezy and boring in Dublin 5. Nothing to complain about really, it could be worse.

Same thing can be said for today so far except less breezy. It rained a bit last night but no reasonable amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Even despite having a 3 week heatwave I noticed there were no bees or butterflies anywhere...it was much different 15-20 years ago:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Slieve Gullion

Heatwave on the way beginning properly next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

:D

[IMG][/img]f2na8n.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

disappointing day here, cool and dull. The odd spot of drizzle and only 12C, making today one of the coolest days in a long time here at Dunshaughlin. Hopefully it will warm up a little bit in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

:D

I'm going to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Gonzo wrote: »
    disappointing day here, cool and dull. The odd spot of drizzle and only 12C, making today one of the coolest days in a long time here at Dunshaughlin. Hopefully it will warm up a little bit in the afternoon.

Cloud breaking up here in Wexford and getting warm. Gone from a drizzly start to the day to warm and stuffy. It's hit 20c in the sun now.

• Advertisement

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Even despite having a 3 week heatwave I noticed there were no bees or butterflies anywhere...it was much different 15-20 years ago:(

Depends where you are. My flowers here are loud with bees and I get huge bumble bees i n the house.

Butterflies too are in abundance..

Asking in the beekeeping forum about a gathering of honey bees in a fuchsia tree by my gate ..

Deluges out here in the Atlantic much of the day and almost no wind. West Mayo. offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Persistent rain in Castlebar for the last two hours, 7mm already and just 11.2C outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Have some hazy sunshine now in Dublin 11. It's 15.4C. There's no wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

its 11.8c in Sligo and 4.8mm of rain so far today

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Notable brown ting on the grass getting more widespread in recent days near Dublin Airport. No rain in quite a while.

Can see issues with the lack of rain in the next 2 - 3 weeks.

Sunshine just appeared. 15c.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Brightened up slightly in east Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

km79 wrote: »

It's been raining for the past hour or so in Tuam and it has just gotten much heavier. :(

Mars Bar wrote: »

It's been raining for the past hour or so in Tuam and it has just gotten much heavier. :(

Can see that heavier band approaching on radar now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

After a few few sunny spells over the last hour the temperature's now reached 18.5C. It's now completely cloudy. There was 0.2mm of rain recorded here this morning.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

finally brightening up here, with a few glimses of very hazy sunshine and temperature back up to a more respectful 17C.

Darker than ever here and deluges are heavy. Wind starting to rise..West Mayo, Offshore island

Can see that heavier band approaching on radar now
    Is it a warm front Cos it’s noticeablely warmer outside now ?

very windy in cork city but also warm, humid and sunny at times :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Big range in temperatures today from a miserable 11 degrees at Knock to 22 degrees at Moorepark.A frontal wave pepping up the rain over the west and north now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

its actually 24c in Carlow and 11c up here in NW

Car was reading 25 degrees in cork city so give it take one or two degrees. Feels it though, very humid too!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Bizzarely it's 20.0c here in West Clare with an earlier Max of 20.6c. Mainly cloudy with some sunny spells and a strong breeze, albeit a very warm breeze.

Very strange.

• Advertisement

Wild, wet, windy out here. Snugged in for the duration.. West Mayo offshore marine forecast applied

Advertisement