Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Turned out to be surprisingly sunny today with a nice breeze a touch chilly though. Pity we couldnt hold on to that breeze for a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A lovely night out.Sky still bright,nice moon out and easy to sleep with a light north westerly wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

What a sky out there

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

pad199207 wrote: »
    What a sky out there

Beautiful night. 23.05. Just took this pic here in Kerry.

ppTN3hG.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Bright sunny morning in cork city. Currently 15 degrees.

Last nights sunset was gorgeous, a multitude of colours. Delighted we had a clear day for the longest day of the year!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The cool, fresh weather of the past 2 days is really having an effect now across much of continental Europe with below average temperatures across much of northern and central Europe. The cool conditions is starting to lose it's influence over Ireland already.

http://www.meteociel.fr/observations-meteo/temperatures.php?region=eur2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Tuam Co Galway 21/06/18IMAG3353_zpsnzmq0mdt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Beautiful day today. It's reached 20.1C here now. Can actually see a heatwave on the way now.

Driving down to Waterford for a spin. 21 degrees here and sunny, beautiful! Word from Cork City has similar situation :) Love the blue sky!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

19C here now and unbroken blue skies, definitely feels a little bit warmer than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

High cirrus cloud at Grange but lots of sun and lovely nevertheless.

Imagine us having four consecutive very warm and dry months in a row including all the three Summer months.

https://twitter.com/WorldClimateSvc/status/1010179213977153541

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Took dog and cat to the shore and through fields and back. Idyllic. Slightly ruffled sea, sweet fresh breeze off the sea, blue sky with enough clouds to add interest..Sun..Just perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Excellent day in Dublin. It's warm enough without being excessively hot. It's been very sunny too. It actually feels a little cool in the shade because there is a gentle breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

I'm at Victoria Station in London, 25 celsius here and sun cracking the pavements all day. Temperature feels a lot hotter than 25c.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    19C here now and unbroken blue skies, definitely feels a little bit warmer than that.

Same here, just perfect, might have to cancel our holiday to spain in 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's 20.2C here in a sheltered back garden but out in somewhere more exposed it feels a lot cooler than that in that easterly breeze/wind.

Same here, just perfect, might have to cancel our holiday to spain in 2 weeks

our weather will probably be broken in about 2 weeks!

Galway city records since 01/06/09IMAG3390_zpsj9wbtfcv.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Surprisingly cool in the shadow with the breeze.

All I can say is, the Sunny South East was Sunny!

And Cork is also sunny ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Great day again in Kildare, chilly enough breeze this morning but warmed up nicely as the day went on. Patchy clouds in the afternoon but more and more blue sky as the day went on

20180621_193149.jpg

Some pictures from the trip around Waterford, looking over at the Youghal Pensinula area. Gorgeous day.

VcE7Qjh.jpg

SdjChDr.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Beautiful sunny day here today but a real chill in the air tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Keem Beach,Achill,about an hour from Castlebar. I wish i could of waited for sunset
    35884839_2148168238533621_7533021622391799808_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=3b263d772585ae4df1d54b11bbcb37e5&oe=5BEC9632

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Was in Mayo today, the countryside never looked so good on the way up and down to Kerry.

Reached 18C here near Tralee, 9.3C atm

HOPaTQE.jpg?1

txint_uk_saq9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

This was yesterday (Thursday) but.... I thought I'd share it anyway.

Some really fantastic pictures guys. Keep 'em coming. ;)

https://twitter.com/Evanis/status/1009914550022533123

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

sryanbruen wrote: »
    This was yesterday (Thursday) but.... I thought I'd share it anyway.

Some really fantastic pictures guys. Keep 'em coming. ;)

https://twitter.com/Evanis/status/1009914550022533123

Geez, that looks like it was took from a really low flying aircraft (blackness to the sky at the top)

Ireland, when it’s sunny, really is one of the most beautiful countries.

Annagh hill Co Galway 22/06/18IMAG3138_zpsaf9liw38.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Ireland, when it’s sunny, really is one of the most beautiful countries.

Agree although I love it whatever the weather. Different moods, variety... Just now, awesome!

Advertisement