Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭appledrop

Cool here in Dublin this evening. For weeks windows left open in evening to try + let air in. This evening I was running around closing them all due to chill! Looking forward to nice sleep tonight without the humidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Just arrived back in cork city from Tenerife. Whew feels colder haha. 15 degrees and a clear sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

First working day in weeks where I didn't feel the need to wear a big hat and sunblock as it was bright but overcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

appledrop wrote: »
    Cool here in Dublin this evening. For weeks windows left open in evening to try + let air in. This evening I was running around closing them all due to chill! Looking forward to nice sleep tonight without the humidity.

Definitely much cooler; as soon as the cats had been fed just now two of them headed straight for my bed and under the covers.. Assessing weather via animal behaviour here! If they come in wet? Been a shower,.

West Mayo, offshore island

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Best nights sleep I've had in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

appledrop wrote: »

I couldn't sleep with the windows in the bedroom closed, any night of the year, winter or summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Valentia Observatory and Cork Airport on top for sunshine from 21 June to 14 July 2018 (24-day period) with totals of 273.3 (11.4 hours per day on average) and 270.9 hours (11.3 hours per day on average) respectively. Don't know if that's record breaking but surely it must be near record breaking because those kinds of totals would be mad in a 30 or 31-day period, never mind 24 days - not even a full month!

LK9NDLa.png

Here's a graph of the daily maximum temperatures for selected Irish stations from 21 June to 14 July 2018.

1ahWbgl.png

Data comes from Met Éireann.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

not a nice day here, showers on and off every few minutes and feeling cool.

Not seen any showers but it's very dull and overcast, and cool at only 17.7C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Hard to think there was people praying for this weather last week. Depressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Very light drizzle shower in cork city. Wet the cars a bit but the road is bone dry and grass is bone dry.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Atlantic muck gets old very quick. I am hoping we will continue to see decent warm and settled spells over the next 7 weeks before Autumn really gets going.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I'm happy to see it for a while. Sleeping was actually pleasant last night, for the first time in nearly a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It has turned wet again in Castlebar, cool at 16.8C.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Started a bit of outside work
    Started raining

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Been alright in Dublin 13, mostly cloudy and bone dry.

Edit: shower starting now.....

starting to brighten up a little bit here. Showers have not been heavy but lots of drizzle and light rain, on and off. Makes it difficult to do anything outside.

Heavy shower here and all is deliciously sodden..

West May, offshore island

Absolutely LASHING in east Galway
    Wipers on full on drive form Town
    Can’t get out of car now

Pure ****e since Friday . And I missed all the good stuff too :(
    Better not go down the drain like last summer when I got home but it’s got a deja vu feel about it last few days running in and out of house for cover and jobs left half done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

lads whatever happened to M.Ts daily forecasts, have they been moved elsewhere? can't seem to find them anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

D.Q wrote: »
    lads whatever happened to M.Ts daily forecasts, have they been moved elsewhere? can't seem to find them anywhere

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=107538583#post107538583

Wetter and wetter and now sunshine

West Mayo; offshore island

I've seen no rain since the small bit on Sunday. It's just mostly cloudy with the occasional bit of sunshine peeping through here in Glasnevin. It's currently 19.1C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A close run thing but Micks weather station in Waterford has recorded two more days in the 20s (by .3 and .4 margins!) so that's every day since June 23.

km79 wrote: »
    Absolutely LASHING in east Galway
    Wipers on full on drive form Town
    Can’t get out of car now

Pure ****e since Friday . And I missed all the good stuff too :(
    Better not go down the drain like last summer when I got home but it’s got a deja vu feel about it last few days running in and out of house for cover and jobs left half done
    JUST A ju

Just had a brief almost thundery downpour
    I’ll take the positives out of it I suppose and hope to see the lawn edges green up over next few days when hopefully The Sun reappears

I haven't seen any rain here in the last couple of days. The cloud is breaking up now and there's a good bit of sunshine in the last while. It's 20.1C now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,923 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

bleh. My job was so much easier last week and the week before!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Winters blessing is Summers curse.

The house is too well insulated, it's still 25c plus in the house and it hasn't really cooled down over the last few days.

Lucreto wrote: »
    Winters blessing is Summers curse.

The house is too well insulated, it's still 25c plus in the house and it hasn't really cooled down over the last few days.

Same here.. Designed for normal Irish weather..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

The rain is back here in sligo anyway. Had one intense shower accompanied with strong winds which seemed to change direction from west to south as the shower passed over. It was strange.

Advertisement