Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Perfectly nice day in Maynooth, mostly cloudy but some sunny spells and feeling warm enough with no wind. No sign of any rain either

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

You're more typical Irish Summers day here in Waterford with mostly cloudy conditions and some sunny breaks. Not really shorts and t-shirt weather. Temp reached 20.4c but it was breezy at times making it feel that bit cooler.

www.waterfordweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

My latest slideshow showing the beauty of Summer 2018 in Ireland (so far). The period May to July 2018 was the warmest and driest such period since 1995 and for some, record breakingly dry! I made changes on this from my previous slideshows so I hope you like the changes!

Thanks for watching and to everybody who have been sharing lovely photos. Also thank you very much to nature for the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

sryanbruen wrote: »
    My latest slideshow showing the beauty of Summer 2018 in Ireland (so far). The period May to July 2018 was the warmest and driest such period since 1995 and for some, record breakingly dry! I made changes on this from my previous slideshows so I hope you like the changes!

Thanks for watching and to everybody who have been sharing lovely photos. Also thank you very much to nature for the experience.

Lovely work; thank you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Was it very humid last night ?
    Couldn’t get to sleep and had to abandon the duvet it felt so warm

• Advertisement

Cool and dull
    Just waiting for the showers now to complete the hat trick for the 5th day in a row
    Depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

km79 wrote: »
    Cool and dull
    Just waiting for the showers now to complete the hat trick for the 5th day in a row
    Depressing

Too warm to sleep last night and cool and depressing this morning. You're not fussy at all with regards to your temperatures, are ya? :P;):P:p

highdef wrote: »
    Too warm to sleep last night and cool and depressing this morning. You're not fussy at all with regards to your temperatures, are ya? :P;):P:p

I found last night odd though which is why I'm curious?
    It wasnt warm yday or last night so wondering was humidity crazy high or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

Was it very humid last night ?
    Couldn’t get to sleep and had to abandon the duvet it felt so warm
    Same here, one of the most humid nights this summer for some strange reason (up North)

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

Gloomy and overcast in South Dublin. It feels like mid October at times, thank god for the long evenings at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Feels like I've been in a different country to everyone complaining this week..

Mostly cloudy with some sunny spells and feeling warm enough in Kildare. Nothing spectacular but another perfectly passable day.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Feels like I've been in a different country to everyone complaining this week..

Mostly cloudy with some sunny spells and feeling warm enough in Kildare. Nothing spectacular but another perfectly passable day.

Exactly, another day in the SE where it's above 20c and you'd instantly notice the bump in temps as soon as the sun comes out,less cloud than yesterday too.
    Normally on a summer's day when you see clouds in the sky,you expect rain but not this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Exactly, another day in the SE where it's above 20c and you'd instantly notice the bump in temps as soon as the sun comes out,less cloud than yesterday too.
    Normally on a summer's day when you see clouds in the sky,you expect rain but not this year.

Seemingly there will be a good drenching of rain in most areas of the country by the middle/end of next week.

Seemingly there will be a good drenching of rain in most areas of the country by the middle/end of next week.

There was supposed to be the same time this week and also during the return of the westerlies in mid-June. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

There was supposed to be the same time this week and also during the return of the westerlies in mid-June. :rolleyes:

So long as the Bank Holiday weekend is fine I'll be happy.

Brightened up a bit now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's mostly cloudy here but there occasional bits of sunshine like now. And it's now 20.2C. The high temperature has exceeded 20 most days this month apart from a handful in the last week where it only exceeded 19.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a fine day here, plenty of cloud but also some nice spells of warmish sunshine. Temperature currently 20C. Weekend looks warm, especially Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Yep! A lot people looking at FI charts in isolation, anyone looking at them regularly can see the way they have been going for weeks now.

I don't know how many times I have read the outlook at the end of the Met Eireann forecast and thought "that will change" and it has.

GFS 6z shows how in even one run that low to the west can be pushed back.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

This weekends warm weather looks locked in at this stage. I'd expect temperatures of 23-26C across many eastern areas, particularly on Sunday. Looks unsettled from Monday evening to mid week and signs of more warm and possibly settled conditions for the following weekend.

• Advertisement

Gonzo wrote: »
    This weekends warm weather looks locked in at this stage. I'd expect temperatures of 23-26C across many eastern areas, particularly on Sunday. Looks unsettled from Monday evening to mid week and signs of more warm and possibly settled conditions for the following weekend.

Not looking like a particularly nice weekend though, very humid and cloudy.

The latest UKMO update explains the uncertainty well that I've been trying to get at.

loughside wrote: »
    Same here, one of the most humid nights this summer for some strange reason (up North)

Same for me. "Glad" it was not just me... West Mayo, offshore island

A perfect summer day here. Sun, a breeze,fascinating clouds constantly changing and not overwhelmingly HOT. Just right.. Been over to the mainland. The seals are basking, arched like bows atop the sandbanks. Water clear and shining. Oh just a perfect day for summer.... everyone happy
    West Mayo. offshore island.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

This is off topic but does anyone know what the weather has been like in Iceland this summer? With the jet stream further north than usual this summer has Iceland experienced cooler temps and wetter weather than usual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Worst summer in half a century or something like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Worst summer in half a century or something like.

Worst on record

http://icelandmag.is/article/so-far-summer-2018-worst-record-reykjavik

Unreal evening
    The
    Form
    Is
    Good
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Not looking like a particularly nice weekend though, very humid and cloudy.

The latest UKMO update explains the uncertainty well that I've been trying to get at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV907Lr8zEk

I love the technical nature of their forecasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Unreal evening
    The
    Form
    Is
    Good
    :)

Going by the forecast I don't think your form will be good friday😂

• Advertisement

28 July 1995 vs 28 July 2018 on ECM 12z