Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Maximums for tomorrow 20 - 22c, highest in the southeast and east. Patchy light rain and drizzle. Sunny spells in the east at times.

hirlamuk-41-23-0.png?18-23

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

big dip, into a single figure here tonight for me in South county Sligo. 9.8'c been a while since i have seen it this low:

456126.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Late night forecast on the BBC is rowing back a bit on the fronts pushing through,the one on Friday bringing showers to the NW and fizzle out as it moves across to the UK with some scattered showers.
    Temps on Monday for NW England looking to hit 32c.
    The next front forecast seems more likely to move up across the West of Ireland and into Scotland.
    Parts of Ireland that have been scorched brown not looking like getting any relief for another while at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Temperatures back up towards 30 and higher this weekend, and to compound it will be humid with very high temperatures at night over here. Stop the heatwave train i want to get off. Is it too early for a winter thread?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Are we due a scorcher this weekend or is it just the UK? Seen too many posts about weather in South England

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Are we due a scorcher this weekend or is it just the UK? Seen too many posts about weather in South England

It’s going to be warm and humid but mostly cloudy as was said yesterday on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

sryanbruen wrote: »
    It’s going to be warm and humid but mostly cloudy as was said yesterday on here.

Been busy haven't been on here much. Thanks.

Been busy haven't been on here much. Thanks.

Alright, see my post on the previous page with yesterday’s Uk Met Office video for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

This accumulated Rainfall chart out to Saturday week the 28th shows what I mentioned yesterday was possible in the upcoming model scenario, rainfall in many areas but East and South missing most

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2018071900_240_949_157.png

Now that chart is going to change a lot in the coming days as a lot of uncertainty on the details over the coming days but if you hear of talk of rainfall coming don't get too excited until you look at details!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

I probably didn't pick the best week to head to clifden 21-28th, going to miss out on the heat in cork!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

daphne wrote: »
    I see MT Cranium says that we are going to get some proper rainfall 27th July-1/2nd Aug... are the runs now converging on that?

Galway races start on Monday the 30th so id say it’s almost a certainty !

daphne wrote: »
    I see MT Cranium says that we are going to get some proper rainfall 27th July-1/2nd Aug... are the runs now converging on that?

I’m currently out so only briefly answering this now. No they’re not, they’re changing like they have done every run for the past few weeks. If you see anybody confident on anything weather wise beyond like Monday or Tuesday then I’d ignore them if I were you. Anything is likely, uncertainty is high.

Can’t edit comment on phone but I meant to say, I’ll try and explain soon when I can why I said the above.

I meant to take note on 15th July (St Swithin's Day) if it rained or not? - if so it is said to rain for 40 days and 40 nights .... anyone know if it rained on that day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭boccy23

I meant to take note on 15th July (St Swithin's Day) if it rained or not? - if so it is said to rain for 40 days and 40 nights .... anyone know if it rained on that day?

Yes, that was last Sunday.
    Some rain everywhere. Varying amounts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

No rain here in the days and nights since, though. I'm not sure there was any in other places east and south since either.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

a peach of a day here. mostly sunny and feeling very warm. Currently 20C but feeling warmer than that.

nice day so far here in south county sligo @ 13:07 its 20.8'c and sunny and warm .. local radio station reports it will cloud over later on today with patchy rain in places

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Apparently it has to rain on St.Swithin's bridge.
    It didn't.

It was mostly sunny here earlier. It's become fairly cloudy now. Still feels very pleasant out. It's 20.4C now. There was a high of 21.9C earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Lovely day
    Finally decided to chance toppinh the lawn a bit as there has been growth since the weekend
    Tis hot enough at it !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Yeah smashing day in South tipp,feeling fairly warm when the sun is out

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

The met.ie map just now has some very impressive looking blue blobs off the coast here.. yet they say "light rain.." cool fresh evening. Lovely.

West Mayo;offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

km79 wrote: »
    Galway races start on Monday the 30th so id say it’s almost a certainty !
    I hope it is a complete washout for that event to be honest. I would take extreme delight in any misery that befalls that 'festival'.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Blue skies here in South East Kerry.
    Very warm all day, nearly feels like we are back in the heatwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

And the rain music's familiar rhythm chimes...

West Mayo; offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Lovely summer day in Dublin. Pretty warm. The place is so brown though

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    I hope it is a complete washout for that event to be honest. I would take extreme delight in any misery that befalls that 'festival'.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Blue skies and sunny in west cork. Windy but warm

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

got to 22C here earlier and still feeling very warm.

Advertisement