Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

26c in kildare , very very warm when sun does make appearance. Very humid and not a breeze out.
    Another sleepless night on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I don’t think I’ve ever experienced humidity in Ireland like I have today - it is unreal, went out shopping and stupidly wore jeans - had to change when I came home. It’s uncomfortable to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

leahyl wrote: »
    I don’t think I’ve ever experienced humidity in Ireland like I have today - it is unreal, went out shopping and stupidly wore jeans - had to change when I came home. It’s uncomfortable to say the least

I didn't think it was particularly humid here, anyway. Dublin Airport is reporting RH of 56% at 1700 which is about the same as here. Although I suppose Cork Airport is reporting 72% and Roches Point and Moore Park are reporting 80% so it seems it is more humid down there. But I don't think I'd be wearing jeans in this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Easily the most humid day here so far this summer. Like an oven.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

I see Oakpark got up to 27.5C

23.2C a short time ago here near Tralee, felt very warm working outside in the humidity, big red head on me !

temp_uk_ffn9.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

Felt hotter than the 31c days we had with the humidity today. It felt so hot and dead/heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Yes after watching forecast for Sligo all week with it varying from 18c to 22c for Sligo it was finally 24.4c on the actual day. Sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Grand day, just wish the cloud would get lost.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Grand day, just wish the cloud would get lost.

Just rained here after jungle swamp all day. Covered in half sweat half rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,933 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Felt hotter than the 31c days we had with the humidity today. It felt so hot and dead/heavy

Glad someone else thought that too tbh !
    Overpowering dead heat , Laois.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Cork city was extremely hot and humid today. Not very comfortable. Felt like I was in Asia. The hangover didn't help...

Town also seemed very quiet for a Sunday. Wonder if it was because it was so hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Jesus, where did these temperatures come from? Today's synop maxima...

27.9 - Oak Park
    27.0 - Casement
    26.6 - Cork Airport
    26.4 - Dublin Airport
    25.3 - Mullingar

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just came home and there’s a huge swarm of ants outside my front gate - like they are everywhere! The heat is here to stay...?!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It's slightly(and I mean slightly) less humid in cork city after the rain, but there's a manky smell off the grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭appledrop

Just came home and there’s a huge swarm of ants outside my front gate - like they are everywhere!

If they are the flying ants then here aswell in North County Dublin. Has to run around + close all the windows on a very humid evening! Hate these ants. Only good thing is only last a day or two.

Very overcast until lunchtime here in Dublin but heat was there. When sun came out was roasting. I also made the mistake of wearing jeans as out in park by 10am + thought it looked a little chilly. How wrong was I!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Very pleasantly warm evening here even with the breeze which also feels warm but makes it feels less hot than it would if it was still. It's 23.9C.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Max temp of 26.8c at my station in Waterford City. Humidity around 70% all day. After sunshine since early morning it clouded over rather dramatically in the late afternoon.
    Currently its cloudy with a few drops of rain but the Humidity is 83% and temp of 20.7c so feeling like soup out there.

www.waterfordcityweather.com
    www.waterfordweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

A high of 26c here in co. down, hasn`t dropped an awful lot, still 23C out in the car a moment ago @9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Total number of days with 25.0c or more at Carlow (Oak Park) for every year since its records began in 1967. It closed in 1997 and became an automatic station in 2003 thus why the gap between years from 1996 to 2004 on the graph. 2018 has had 18 such days at the station up to and including today making it the year with the third most such days since its records began behind 1995 and 1976.

zStzaMF.png

Top 5 years with the most 25c or more days at Carlow (Oak Park).

Rank|Year|No. of days
    1.|1995|33 days
    2.|1976|23 days
    3.|2018|18 days
    4.|1983|17 days
    5.|1989|16 days

Data comes from Met Éireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Beautiful day in dublin today, reached 26 degrees but actually felt warmer than that. Having a beer now outside and it’s still 23 degrees!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Drizzle / light rain in Tralee the last hours or so giving 0.6mm

17.8C atm

OmG77j5.png

Very mild across the country tonight.High Humidity and calm conditions giving high readings on the Humidex .

temp_uk_vkf9.png

humidex_uk_pvc6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Jesus, where did these temperatures come from? Today's synop maxima...

27.9 - Oak Park
    27.0 - Casement
    26.6 - Cork Airport
    26.4 - Dublin Airport
    25.3 - Mullingar
    27.0c Durrow can be added to that chart.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Just came home and there’s a huge swarm of ants outside my front gate - like they are everywhere! The heat is here to stay...?!
    Same here. Hundreds of them. Luckily I got the powder in my local hardware store, works a treat. All gone fifteen minutes later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Total number of days with 25.0c or more at Carlow (Oak Park) for every year since its records began in 1967. It closed in 1997 and became an automatic station in 2003 thus why the gap between years from 1996 to 2004 on the graph. 2018 has had 18 such days at the station up to and including today making it the year with the third most such days since its records began behind 1995 and 1976.

zStzaMF.png

Top 5 years with the most 25c or more days at Carlow (Oak Park).

Rank|Year|No. of days
    1.|1995|33 days
    2.|1976|23 days
    3.|2018|18 days
    4.|1983|17 days
    5.|1989|16 days

Data comes from Met Éireann.

That data just shows what an incredible summer 1995 was 33 days of temps over 25c. This summer has been brill but 95 will be hard to ever surpass.

21c coming up to 1am. Only things missing is the sounds of the cicadas and the humming of swimming pools in people’s gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

pad199207 wrote: »
    21c coming up to 1am. Only things missing is the sounds of the cicadas and the humming of swimming pools in people’s gardens.

There's one other thing missing - the air conditioning to make it all bearable.

MJohnston wrote: »
    There's one other thing missing - the air conditioning to make it all bearable.

Too true. I don’t recognize the Weather this year in Ireland.

I’ve lost count now of the unusual weather phenomena experienced this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

pad199207 wrote: »

Late night trip along the freeway to Wendy's

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Glad someone else thought that too tbh !
    Overpowering dead heat , Laois.

Last night was dreadful. Oppressive, hot, clammy. Dratted heat rash came back and wheezing . No better now and heavy rain out here

West Mayo, offshore island

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Mucky overnight, damp this morning looks like it'll be overcast all day down here.

Advertisement