Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I remember why I dislike this weather now. Can’t sit outside, can’t go for walks, no going to the beach, have to wear long pants and jackets. While I wanted it for a day , I now want it to leave and for summer to come back. 17 degrees here with a strong cold breeze, so it feels about 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

I remember why I dislike this weather now. Can’t sit outside, can’t go for walks, no going to the beach, have to wear long pants and jackets. While I wanted it for a day , I now want it to leave and for summer to come back. 17 degrees here with a strong cold breeze, so it feels about 12.

In other words be careful what you wish for

km79 wrote: »
    In other words be careful what you wish for

Aye. But sadly these few days are needed no matter how depressing they are. Just once the models are correct about the settled warm weather returning, I’ll survive. :p

Aye. But sadly these few days are needed no matter how depressing they are. Just once the models are correct about the settled warm weather returning, I’ll survive. :p

Yes that has cheered me up too

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ah yeah I hope the people who wanted "a dropeen of rain" for the grass are happy. Ah no in fairness it was bound to end at some point. I mean all good things come to an end.

• Advertisement

I forgot how stupid the new met Éireann radar colors were
    This is SERIOUSLY heavy rain but it’s not showing that

Is this just going to track north all night ?
    If so we are in for a LOT of rain
    July will end up wetter than average here too

Flooding in claregalway
    http://twitter.com/hectorirl/status/1022854991357333504

Yellow warning issued
    There have been threads started for less.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Connacht, Cork, Limerick and Tipperary
    Heavy rain in places may lead to rainfall accumulations of 25-40mm.

Issued: Friday 27 July 2018 15:00

Updated: Friday 27 July 2018 15:00

Valid from Friday 27 July 2018 16:00 to Saturday 28 July 2018 06:00

• Registered Users Posts: 31,928 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Unbelievable rain on the motorway west of Athenry.

Was it my imagination or did the temperature drop for a bit. I had shorts and a windbreaker on this morning and finished with two jumpers on inside the windbreaker and a pair of trousers. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

A gorgeous 17°C and moderate rain in Cork. Had to crack out a Donegal-knitted woolly jumper. Actually rather enjoying it, although I'm sure the novelty will wear off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Milky sunshine here in Kildare. Can feel a slight rise in temperature

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

12c at Valentia and Knock! :eek: That must be a bit of a shock to the system!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

The temperature's been dropping here for the last couple of hours. It reached a high oh 21.3C and now it's 19.1C. Still no rain here, just overcast but a hazy bit of sunshine appeared just now. And the wind is very light; next to non-existant.

while it has been raining all day in cork, the heavens just opened even more and its very heavy now. The grass will be bouncing back very fast after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Knock went from 17 degrees at 1530 to 12 degrees at 1600

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

Cloudy and dry with a warm wind (21C) here in co. Down. The radar has the heavy rain stopping at the border so far.... poss it`s the brexit hard border!

And here`s an offer you cant miss - snow shovels 50p !!!... https://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-General-Purpose-Snow-Shovel/p/223502

Dropped to 15 degrees here now in Cork. Really can feel the difference.

Athenry showing only 2.7mm on 4pm returns
    That much fell in 5 minutes and MUCH more in the Town and east of it
    I think the weather station is outside the town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Dropped to 15 degrees here now in Cork. Really can feel the difference.

That’s the 546 thickness dam line at work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Not looking good here for the elipse tonight, really clouded over since lunchtime and rain looking likely later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

This may have to do tonight
    a96.png

Hows the weather in Cork City? Down here in west cork its very heavy rain. Would like to compare :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Hows the weather in Cork City? Down here in west cork its very heavy rain. Would like to compare :)

Rainy and ****e.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Rainy and ****e.

Well glad to know i'm not missing some heatwave or something in the City :P

Rain stopped here in west cork for now. More to come though according to the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Anyone having problems with sat24?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

MJohnston wrote: »
    More than that, the Met forecast was showing today as basically dry when I checked it a few hours ago and now it's been updated to show rain for a lot of this evening. The models are having a lot of trouble with rain volumes recently.
    With all the advancements in resolution and the likes, it's incredible how badly this has been modelled at short notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well glad to know i'm not missing some heatwave or something in the City :P

As has been said it's raining constantly in cork city. The heatwave effect I'd get now is if I turned on the oven and opened the door.

Advertisement