Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Doesn't look like we'll be far off, the 1st of July 1997 had a max of only 9.8C in Donegal and below 12C widely but its only 11C at Dunsany at the moment so definitely up there

archives-1997-7-1-0-0.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

A max of 9.8c in July....I shudder at the thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Not your typical summers day in Cork. 18c with a very strong wind and low humidity. Sunny spells and some very heavy showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A mad day,got to 20c in the sun and then thunder with hail and the temperature drops to 12c. The sun reappears and the temperature rises.
    After this weekend,I hope some more decent, settled warmth returns.
    The BBC were bullish about it last night so here's hoping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

A mad day,got to 20c in the sun and then thunder with hail and the temperature drops to 12c. The sun reappears and the temperature rises.
    After this weekend,I hope some more decent, settled warmth returns.
    The BBC were bullish about it last night so here's hoping.

When is the settled stuff suppose to return? Kids are so easy to look after when it's sunny, these last few days have been he'll trying to entertain them indoors all day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

When is the settled stuff suppose to return? Kids are so easy to look after when it's sunny, these last few days have been he'll trying to entertain them indoors all day

We’re talking Thursday of next week. Not set in stone yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Heavy downpour in Naas, very much needed I would be out in it but there are also hailstones mixed in.

Hopefully it's the end of the high temperature and get back to normality. Sick and tired of the heat and my business suffering with the lack of customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Here is hoping that we can return to higher temperatures next week with the high pressure system forecast. After all... the poor souls who can't sleep at night will have 10 months of the usual grey, cold and wet weather to look forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Left home and it was pelting down, here in bray for the airshow and its warm and sunny

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I thought we were going to have an autumnal feel to today but I was wrong. It's more like the depths of January. Temps here have struggled to get past 11C for most of the day. 14C now and still feeling really chilly.

Absolutely awful day. I'm sure today has to rank as one of the coldest July days we've had in a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Gonzo wrote: »
    I thought we were going to have an autumnal feel to today but I was wrong. It's more like the depths of January. Temps here have struggled to get past 11C for most of the day. 14C now and still feeling really chilly.

Absolutely awful day. I'm sure today has to rank as one of the coldest July days we've had in a long time.

Much of July 2015 was similar to today for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

The one day we have to go to Dublin it’s ice cold showers of heavy rain! Oh well. Either way Dublin is getting some rain and cork has had a lot in the last day. Very dark clouds around Dublin though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Same here in kildare, temp struggled to get above 11 and top was 14c ....
    nearly 20c colder than our hottest day a couple of weeks back...
    Cold, wet and miserable

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Brief but heavy shower in Dublin 16 (bulk of the shower passed to my north). 1.4mm from that, bringing today's total to 8.4mm (so far). A cold day! 12.2c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Can;t hear you for the rain on the roof...

Tomorrow is Reek Sunday; they estimate around 20,000 will climb Croagh Patrick....Hoping the weather is supportive,

We can see the mountain from here; maybe with binoculars will see the crowds

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It;s been lovely here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

it has brightened up alot here now and feeling milder. 15C here now with the coldest temperatures moving away to the north. We may see 20C again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The rain forecast for the SE tomorrow morning looking like moving through pretty quickly,the afternoon could be decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A nice fresh afternoon here in Castlebar with good sunny spells. Great drying in a fresh westerly wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Nice day here now with sunshine in a clear blue sky with cloud to the west and east. The sun will probably disappear behind cloud soon. It's currently just 15.7C. The high today since midnight was 15.9C just after midnight, only the fourth sub-20 high of the month and the first sub-19 high. The low was 9.7C this morning, only the second sub-10 low this month. There was 11.2mm of rain since early morning until a short while ago although the patio looks bone dry now even though it looked quite wet earlier. It's quite breezy as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,759 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Let's inject some positivity. :D We may be testing all time records again by the end of next weekend...

GFSOPEU12_225_2.png

Liking what I see across the models at the moment from midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Didn't realise it was so cool around today, there was me lamenting the fact we didn't hit 20c in Waterford (19.1).

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Farmer2017

Let's inject some positivity. :D We may be testing all time records again by the end of next weekend...

GFSOPEU12_225_2.png

If it short lived a few days r a week farmers won’t mind as long as alit rain comes between now and then Nd that dry hot weather buggers off and brings more rain after. The farming industry is on there knees. But who cares until next winter when food prices are crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Don’t believe it till you start a thread!!!
    Go on, go on, go on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

[quote="sryanbruen;. Like I said, expect lots more flips and flops
    /quote]

Just bought a new pair today, 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Feels like late autumn

Depressing night

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

10mm of rain here today in Waterford City of which 9.6 was recorded overnight. Max temp of 19.1c but the wind really made it feel more like Autumn than Summer. I recorded a Max gust of 51km/h at my station which is rare for July.
    Thankfully its looking like things will warm up again in the second half of next week. Today just reminded me a a cool Summers day we experienced in Summers past and i didn't like it.

www.waterfordcityweather.com
    www.waterfordweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Grand day if u were in november. At least it didnt rain much. Brightened up as the day went on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

The day didn't turn out too bad in the late afternoon/evening even though the high was only 17.1C which makes it the coldest day of the month so far. The 11.2mm of rain had fallen mostly this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

bloody chilly 7.9'c night tonight in south county sligo , fast moving clouds and dew on the grass ...

456960.jpg

Advertisement