Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Farmer2017 wrote: »
    If it short lived a few days r a week farmers won’t mind as long as alit rain comes between now and then Nd that dry hot weather buggers off and brings more rain after. The farming industry is on there knees. But who cares until next winter when food prices are crazy

Amen to that...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭appledrop

Lashing rain again this morning here in Dublin. Only plus is all grass + garden nice + green again. It didn't take long.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Met Éireann: “High pressure likely to build from Friday, with dry and warm conditions next weekend”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭appledrop

14.4 mm of rain yesterday at Dublin airport. That's a lot of rain + heavy again today. If this continues the water ban should be lifted by the end of the week. Imagine telling tourists visiting this weekend that there are water restrictions at night in Dublin:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Lovely morning on Croagh Patrick

• Advertisement

Lovely morning on Croagh Patrick

Oh how perfect! THANK YOU! If someone could give me a lift in a helicopter! We have a helipad here! Yearning!

THANK YOU!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

awful day here again. Cold and wet. I can't wait for another warm and settled spell to arrive. I've had enough of the Atlantic after 2 days of it.

The grass here is back to normal as well, as green as it ever is during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Billcarson wrote: »
    A yr ending with an 8 doesn't bode well. 2008,98,88,78..were all poor summers.

Add to that low solar activity ,so a poor summer is likely this year imo.

so much for the' curse of the 8's'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

5.2mm rain in the last 24 hours but it's nice and sunny now. It's 16.6C now. There was another sub-10 low this morning in the early hours. It's a bit breezy as well.

loving the variety and the freshness. Much better than being burned alive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A lovely day in Castlebar, it only got up to 18.6C but feeling a a lot warmer when the sun hit you, it got down to 6.7C last night with a bit of drizzle.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

temperatures struggling to get past 16C here today, sunny now with light showers every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    5.2mm rain in the last 24 hours but it's nice and sunny now. It's 16.6C now. There was another sub-10 low this morning in the early hours. It's a bit breezy as well.

There hasn't been much sun recently. It's currently 17.4C. I can't see it getting to the forecast 20C unless the sun comes back out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

There hasn't been much sun recently. It's currently 17.4C. I can't see it getting to the forecast 20C unless the sun comes back out soon.

Scraped past 20c here in Wexford earlier, sun's out now so we might see 21 hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fantastic day !
    I really should have cut the lawn but after the last few days of misery we went to Coole Park for the day instead
    Put a bit of money into the local economy down there too that wouldn’t have happened if it was still miserable .............

Scraped past 20c here in Wexford earlier, sun's out now so we might see 21 hit.

It didn't reach 20C here. The sun came out again but the high today was only 18.4C. It's currently 17.9C with some sunshine.

JUST got the back lawn cut in time
    Did it on a whim and damn glad I did
    Some amount of grass collected
    Didn’t look it when I started and didn’t even cut as low as would normally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

km79 wrote: »
    JUST got the back lawn cut in time
    Did it on a whim and damn glad I did
    Some amount of grass collected
    Didn’t look it when I started and didn’t even cut as low as would normally

Mine is like a jungle now should have taken a leaf out of your book and cut it today. Looks like the next few days could be a washout.

Turned out a nice bright day here but ominous looking clouds are gathering on the western horizon.

mg1982 wrote: »
    Mine is like a jungle now should have taken a leaf out of your book and cut it today. Looks like the next few days could be a washout.

Turned out a nice bright day here but ominous looking clouds are gathering on the western horizon.

I only got the back cut but that is always heavier
    The fact I didn't cut it as low as normal and more rain means I'll be cutting it again when I cut the front but it will only be half as torturous!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Enjoyed the day exploring the Kerry coast today from Meenoghane Pier near Causeway to Bromore Cliffs just outside Ballybunion. A mix of weather with sunshine , passing cloud to quite cloudy with a few drops to later sunshine again, needed a jacket on the cliffs as quite breezy . Got up to 18.4C here . All in all a grand summer's day.

Meenoghane Pier , Co Kerry.

uPgfdEe.jpg?1

A loud night here! Love it! Hoping for a better morning as I have a ferry booked but we shall see.... The wind is growling in the background... ready to pounce... Living forces, wind and rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Beautiful bright moon

nice morning here again with warm sunny spells and 17C. Starting to feel a bit more like summer again.

There was some sunshine earlier but there's been cloud with some rain since but not enough to measure. It's only 15.4C now.

There was some sunshine earlier but there's been cloud with some rain since but not enough to measure. It's only 15.4C now.

The sun has been shining pretty much ever since. It's now 16.4C and sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It was lashing rain first thing in S Wexford,brightened up now and quite pleasant in the sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Some nice heat out between the clouds,in saying that some very impressive cloud formations around today, God be with the days when I would ly in my mother's garden looking at them and not worry about been grown up

It's been mostly sunny here for the last couple of hours and the temperature's gone above 20 for the first time since Friday. It's currently 20.0C.

• Advertisement

18C here now, the warmest temperature since Friday here too. Still quite sunny and feeling warm in the sun. A huge improvement on the past two days.

Advertisement