Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

highdef wrote: »
    Same here. 22c in the house. Problem with the boiler since a power cut during storm Hector on 14th June so no heating since then (must get it looked at soon!). The coldest the house has been is comfortably warm, which is what it's like now. During the height of the heatwave, downstairs temperatures got into the high 20's, upstairs got into the low 30's a few times. Slept like a log when it was that warm, just like when away in the Med :)

Same here in the aluminium walled demountable dwelling. Never before suffered prickly heat and my back etc are only now recoverirg

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

I approve of this post :)

Dull
    Raining

km79 wrote: »
    Dull
    Raining

POURING

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

16c and the heavens are about to open ... noticeably cooler in the house last night. Seen a few neighbors had the fires on.
    I know it’s a long way out and the charts seems to all be contradicting themselves according to the more knowledgeable here on boards, but can anyone give rough indication of weather for the 11th and 12th..
    Kildare/Laois border

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rain here in Wexford,I posted in another forum that while it's needed here, I don't want it to turn into the usual muck of rain everyday. At least from tomorrow we are due an improvement.
    Today seems to be the day that the 20c and above streak is broken down in Wexico.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Deluges with short breaks of drizzle .

West Mayo; offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Been in Donegal since the weekend and it's barely stopped raining since. Another miserable, cool, dark and wet day where its barely worth leaving the house

Sure of course the rainfall radar isn’t working today
    Don’t need it anyway
    It’s still pissing
    If i hear as I suspect I will “the land is getting fierce wet “ today I’ll explode with rage LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Landed 50 mins ago on Dublin and the weather is depressing. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Only started lashing a few minutes ago in Dublin 13.

https://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/1024602033897328640

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Close to 10mm of rain in the last two hours in Castlebar, we have had nearly 55mm of rain in the last 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Dry and overcast here in Glasnevin. There was a little bit of rain earlier. 16.8C.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭boccy23

Just started raining here outside Naas.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

lashing rain here, dark, light's on, Summer day's don't get much worse than this.

Plenty more rain and showers for tomorrow as well.

edit: Friday now looking like seeing showers or spells of light rain too according to the Met Office and BBC Forecasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    Dry and overcast here in Glasnevin. There was a little bit of rain earlier. 16.8C.

Lashing rain here now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Drought here in Dublin 2 according to IW ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭AllForIt

What a horrible day here in Castlebar for the 1st of August. I'm off today and overslept. When I woke up I though it was like 6am it was so dark but it's midday. Uggh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭appledrop

F##cking miserable. You book annual leave in summer to get out and enjoy nice walks + outdoors. I don't even need it warmer but can't stand this lashing rain every day.

Xenji wrote: »
    Close to 10mm of rain in the last two hours in Castlebar, we have had nearly 55mm of rain in the last 7 days.

That would be well above average for July in Ireland date I say
    And August started in same vein

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

really wet here now, lots of surface water and the gutters overflowing.

rain is bouncing off the ground, I haven't seen this sort of rain in several months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

km79 wrote: »
    That would be well above average for July in Ireland date I say
    And August started in same vein

The total in July was only half we got last year, shows how bad it can be here.

20mm of rain now since about half 9, getting a bit gusty out as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

What a truly awful crappy day this has turned into.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,324 ✭✭✭✭zell12

What a truly awful crappy day this has turned into.
    Makes a welcome change from dawn to dusk, wall to wall sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

The start of the wash out August.

Could dry out yet though after another wet spell next week

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

All synoptic stations' rainfall totals were below normal for July. Monthly summary is out now.

https://cli.fusio.net/cli/bulletin/data/2018/07/sum_072018.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 11,800 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Central heating now on in our gaff here in south county sligo ... pouring with non stop rain most of the day so far and outside temp of only 16c ... bollicky ****ey weather! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

At the risk of being hung drawn and quartered for stating this, I still think that a lot more rain is needed for the south and east of the country, so if it turns out that August is a humid rainy unsettled month I will be happy. Cool northerly winds can stay away though.

At the risk of being hung drawn and quartered for stating this, I still think that a lot more rain is needed for the south and east of the country, so if it turns out that August is a humid rainy unsettled month I will be happy. Cool northerly winds can stay away though.

No that is probably the reality and a very fair point.

You live in the South and the land probably needs more rain.
    I live in the West and would really welcome a week of sunshine again.

If more people accepted the differences in different region's weather patterns on this island then we would all get along just fine :D

There was never ever ever ever any fear of a real drought in the West. The rain was going to come. It came and has stayed. As predicted.
    The sunny South East and parts Munster are a different story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

We live on the wexford/Wicklow border. I was out chasing cattle last night. About 50 of them. They didn't even leave a dent in the ground. Even tho we have gotten rain over the past week it has been too heavy to soak in to the ground or so light it would barely wet it. Today is just cloudy and breezy with occasional light rain. Boring weather really...

Advertisement