Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 210 ✭✭Sardine

km79 wrote: »
    I forgot about the birds actually as well
    I’d get no sleep if I left a window open
    Vent is even a stretch !

Same here. If we had prolonged warm weather here every year I'd probably get some kind of air con unit for my room.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Sardine wrote: »
    Same here. If we had prolonged warm weather here every year I'd probably get some kind of air con unit for my room.

Ditto.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Mobhi1 wrote: »
    I don't know how anybody can sleep with their bedroom windows fully closed, at any time of year. It's 17.7C RH 89% here so still very warm.

So are you stating that during the Beast from the East and Storm Emma events earlier this year that you had your bedroom windows open? You must be one hardy character if you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,200 ✭✭✭✭km79

cloudier than yday but pleasant nonetheless
    2 nice days in a row now
    Badly needed for my sanity !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

So are you stating that during the Beast from the East and Storm Emma events earlier this year that you had your bedroom windows open? You must be one hardy character if you did.

It's open slightly all year round. Not enough to let much wind in but enough to let fresh air in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Cloudy all day (and wet in the early morning) except in the late evening here in Dublin when the sun broke out for a bit. It felt cool to me when it was cloudy but I didn't check out the temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

This evening was lovely in Dublin, if a bit cool in comparison to what we've become used to. There was a lot of sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

pleasant day - even got the lawn mown without getting electrocuted (its an electric lawnmower :) ) hadnt cut the lawn for a while because of all the rainy days .. it was quite long , box kept needing emptying of cuttings. kept dry and sun showed its face a couple of times ..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Raining again this morning here

For me the summer ended 4 or 5 weeks ago. Just cloudy depressing sh*te most days since. The few weeks of nice weather we got was fantastic, it's depressing to think that was a freak occurrence and the current weather is usually the norm for June, July and August. Sigh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Heavy rain overnight in Castlebar, we got nearly 10mm, cool with some bright patches today and only 12.9C.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Showers in cork city (just had one). Interestingly they aren’t showing up on the radars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Showers in cork city (just had one). Interestingly they aren’t showing up on the radars.

Are the radars down in the south/southwest of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Are the radars down in the south/southwest of the country

Not sure. I heard the Shannon radar was down?

It’s also pretty windy down here , too add to my last post

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Xenji wrote: »
    Heavy rain overnight in Castlebar, we got nearly 10mm, cool with some bright patches today and only 12.9C.

If I was a castlebarian would emigrate from there Solely based on the reports over the summer from that area!

Next week looks quite nice according to the weather on Google. An Indian summer perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Next week looks quite nice according to the weather on Google. An Indian summer perhaps?

Ah yes , the children go back to school then don't they? and then true to form the weather improves. I remember 1 year in our area it was a particularly bad summer with plenty of rain and right miserable. Children went back to school (might have been primary school) and the weather improved somewhat, and the principal decided in his wisdom to let them (and the teachers) have an extra week off to enjoy the weather even though they only just gone back to school.

Cloudy and showery today so far. The sun is trying hard to get out but it's losing the battle.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very wet day here at Dunshaughlin after some intense downpours, Cool and wet, feels like mid to late October.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The Shannon 'radar' is down. We only have 2 in ROI, one in Dublin and one in Shannon. The new MÉ website also utilises the one in Belfast.

• Advertisement

Extremely heavy rain in Dublin CC now!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

JCX BXC wrote: »
    The Shannon 'radar' is down. We only have 2 in ROI, one in Dublin and one in Shannon. The new MÉ website also utilises the one in Belfast.

Really? I always assumed there was one in Cork as well.

Rotten out there. I have a panoramic view of the city from my office and the last few weeks have just been cloud cloud cloud. It's belting down rain now.
    All those people freaking out about the grass going a bit yellow can f*ck off and die now please.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,556 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Artane2002 wrote: »

Meanwhile, very little in Dublin 13 again though it is dark.

EDIT: As soon as I say that.... it starts raining decently.

EDIT again: Now it's cloudy with very hazy sun.

Really? I always assumed there was one in Cork as well.

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭highdef

In inchicore, the sun is shining now after a short moderate to heavy shower about 30 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭pauldry

Now that Shannon Radar is broken for the foreseeable future does anybody know a good place to check latest rainfall ?

Artane2002 wrote: »

And now it's nice and sunny...

pauldry wrote: »
    Now that Shannon Radar is broken for the foreseeable future does anybody know a good place to check latest rainfall ?

There is none realistically. What I normally do is check MÉ's short term rainfall forecast for a rough idea, but that's only useful for frontal rain and is not good at all for showers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Rotten out there. I have a panoramic view of the city from my office and the last few weeks have just been cloud cloud cloud. It's belting down rain now.
    All those people freaking out about the grass going a bit yellow can f*ck off and die now please.
    Are you talking about wanting the grass or people to f*ck off and die in your last sentence?

Advertisement