Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2018 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,336 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Can't keep track of the models.
    Is there any reboot of summer soon? Maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Seen some trees already start their autumn colour transitions - I really hope we get an actual autumn season this year with a chill in the air on nice sunny days. Last year it was barely begun before Ophelia swept through and stripped all the trees!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Wife says to have an Indian Summer you have to have one morning of ground frost - any truth in it?

Temperatures are picking up here - this time last night it was a chilly 7'c - tonight 11'c ...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Wife says to have an Indian Summer you have to have one morning of ground frost - any truth in it?

Hopefully it'd kill all those fecking wasps. They're everywhere and they're aggressive at this time of year. Hate the cnuts.

• Advertisement

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Hopefully it'd kill all those fecking wasps. They're everywhere and they're aggressive at this time of year. Hate the cnuts.

yeah they are barstewerds for sure ...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Gonzo wrote: »
    I'm in southern Spain now and it's roasting hot, currently 25C at midnight, expected to get to 31C tomorrow.

Just back in the door from Eastern Spain. Caught sight of a superb thunderstorm flying over Andorra on the way back from Barcelona. Very warm week with highs of 29c everyday and 31c one day - nights were very balmy as you mention with 20c to 23c lows. We had five showers throughout (two brief thunderstorms - yesterday and today), which was almost as many times as it rained here in south Laois this summer (so it feels). Big change getting off the plane in Dublin - felt freezing at 6c around midnight! Brrrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A delightfully fresh calm morning over here. Enough breeze to challenge the midges but not to chill the body.

Someone mentioned wasps; not seen any here thankfully. Bees a-plenty and dragonflies...

West Mayo' offshore island

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Danno wrote: »
    Just back in the door from Eastern Spain. Caught sight of a superb thunderstorm flying over Andorra on the way back from Barcelona. Very warm week with highs of 29c everyday and 31c one day - nights were very balmy as you mention with 20c to 23c lows. We had five showers throughout (two brief thunderstorms - yesterday and today), which was almost as many times as it rained here in south Laois this summer (so it feels). Big change getting off the plane in Dublin - felt freezing at 6c around midnight! Brrrr.

it's cooled down here slightly, yesterday was very hot reached 32C with a humidity level of 65%, making it feel more like 38C.

Today is currently 26C a noticeable drop on yesterday, humidity is almost 70% so still feels very warm indeed.

Saturday is looking very hot here again with low 30's even at the coast.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Gonzo wrote: »
    Today is currently 26C a noticeable drop on yesterday....

My heart bleeds for you.... :p

Feels freezing here! 14c.

• Advertisement

Tis a beautiful 17.2c in light winds and sun in West Clare. Lots of cloud around though so I doubt it's going to last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Can we have some sunshine here in the east? I wouldn't mind having the dullest winter on record thanks to constant snow though :D. I know people want something different and I respect that/

Artane2002 wrote: »
    Can we have some sunshine here in the east? I wouldn't mind having the dullest winter on record thanks to constant snow though :D. I know people want something different and I respect that/

Ah stop let us have it for once!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Mixture of sun and cloud here in Cork City. Warm enough too at 18 degrees.

Lovely drop of sunshine .. sat in the garden, face upturned..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

It’s not warm today there’s a sting in the breeze and it’s dull.

South Tipp mainland

we have a bit of sun trying to break through where I am in south sligo - I think we will have a pleasant evening it 19.4'c here at the moment

MÉ are forecasting a bright start for the east. Yeah right, I bet it's going to be another cloudfest. They've been saying bright weather everyday but it's been cloudy all week bar the little sunshine we got.

In fairness though, it was a pleasant evening.

its cold outside ... I can see my breath. - the barometer says 8.8c

Weather experts in the US are predicting that a category-four cyclone could be on its way to Ireland.

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/is-a-tropical-cyclone-set-to-hit-ireland

• Advertisement

Weather experts in the US are predicting that a category-four cyclone could be on its way to Ireland.

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/is-a-tropical-cyclone-set-to-hit-ireland

In other important news:

old.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,561 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

MÉ are forecasting a bright start for the east. Yeah right, I bet it's going to be another cloudfest. They've been saying bright weather everyday but it's been cloudy all week bar the little sunshine we got.

In fairness though, it was a pleasant evening.

Well here, it’s a nice morning with a mix of cloud and blue skies. Have to say, I’ve been loving the cool feel recently.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Well here, it’s a nice morning with a mix of cloud and blue skies. Have to say, I’ve been loving the cool feel recently.

Me too, yet still enough warmth to sit outside... Just right ;)

a fair old breeze up now. west Mayo, offshore island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Grey cool start to the day and end of a summer that peaked in late June and has been slipping since about the 10th July. It’s been so much better than our usual excuse for a summer but August has been fierce average altogether.

I just woke up and wow it's clear here!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

Jesus the mornings are gone dark and the evenings are well and truly drawn in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Jesus the mornings are gone dark and the evenings are well and truly drawn in.

Wait until late October comes around and the clocks go back an hour. We will really be in the depths of autumn by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,561 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

I just woke up and wow it's clear here!

It’s been really beautiful since I said that, plenty of blue skies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Grey cool start to the day and end of a summer that peaked in late June and has been slipping since about the 10th July. It’s been so much better than our usual excuse for a summer but August has been fierce average altogether.

One of the best summers in memory and you still manage to find a negative slant - fair play, you're really committed to the misery!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,887 ✭✭✭appledrop

MJohnston wrote: »
    One of the best summers in memory and you still manage to find a negative slant - fair play, you're really committed to the misery!

I don't think that fair. June + July were amazing. But nothing out of ordinary in August.

Advertisement