Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

APPLEGREEN Petrol & Diesel sale

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone get their book of vouchers and money off coupons that they usually send out to rewards customers in January yet? Maybe this is a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

It appears that this has made most other petrol stations slash their prices today too. I noticed my local Applegreen was down to 134 from 138 and then as I was going along the road most other petrol stations were either 134 or 135 too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭vickers209

Topaz running promotion as well

Miles 4cent January Sale Fuel Promotion
    PLEASE NOTE OFFER AVAILABLE AT PARTICIPATING TOPAZ SERVICE STATIONS & SPECIFIED TIMES ONLY
    • Offer will be active from 5pm on Saturday the 6th of January. The 4 cents discount will be displayed on the MID Price Sign and on the pumps at the service station and will not apply after the transaction.
    • Offer valid until midnight on Tuesday the 9th of January 2018 at participating sites (please check list of sites participating below).
    • Offer applies to all miles unleaded and diesel products only.
    • Offer not available in conjunction with a fuel card or with any other fuel offer.
    • Please be aware there may be queues at participating sites.
    • Discount ONLY applies to the following participating Topaz Service Stations at the specified times;
    Full list of participating sites as follows:

* Ballincollig Main street Ballincollig Co. Cork
    * Bishopstown Ardarostig, Bandon Road Bishopstown Co. Cork
    * Eastgate Ballincollig Co. Cork
    * Belmont Sandford Road Ranelagh Dublin 6 Co. Dublin
    * Kennelsfort Kennelsfort Rd Palmerstown Dublin 20 Co. Dublin
    * Parkway East Lucan-By-Pass (Dublin Bound) Palmerstown Dublin 20 Co. Dublin
    * Parkway West The Hill, Chapelizod-By-Pass Palmerstown Dublin 20 Co. Dublin
    * St Peters Road Walkinstown Dublin 12 Co. Dublin
    * Swords Miltonfields Swords Co. Dublin
    * Elm Park Merrion Rd Merrion Dublin 4 Co. Dublin
    * Donnybrook Donnybrook Road Dublin 4 Co. Dublin
    * Stillorgan Road Greygates, Stillorgan Road Stillorgan Co. Dublin
    * Malahide Main Street Malahide Co. Dublin
    * West Pier Crofton Road Dun Laoghaire Dublin 18 Co. Dublin
    * Bray Dublin Rd Bray Co. Wicklow
    * Kilmacanogue Co. Wicklow
    * Rochestown Avenue Dun Laoghaire Co. Dublin
    * Beechwood Dublin Road Bray Co. Wicklow
    * Sundrive Lower Kimmage Road Kimmage Dublin 6W Co. Dublin
    * Rockfield Park N11, Kilmacanogue Bray Co. Wicklow
    * Wicklow Sinnotts, Dublin Rd Wicklow Co. Wicklow
    * Ashford Main Street Ashford Co. Wicklow
    * Blessington Road Blessington Rd Tallaght Dublin 24 Co. Dublin
    * Fortfield Fortfield Rd Kimmage Dublin 6 Co. Dublin
    * Tullamore Arden Rd Tullamore Co. Offaly
    * Ballymahon Road Athlone Co. Westmeath
    * Clones Monaghan Rd Clones Co. Monaghan
    * Donaghmede Donaghmede Shopping Centre Donaghmede Dublin 13 Co. Dublin
    * The Ward The Ward, North Rd Killshane Cross Dublin 11 Co. Dublin
    * Coolmine Coolmine Industrial Estate, Porters Road Blanchardstown Dublin 15 Co. Dublin
    * Hartstown Hartstown Clonsilla Dublin 15 Co. Dublin
    * Boyne Dublin Road Drogheda Co. Louth
    * Mellifont North Road Drogheda Co. Louth
    * Ashbourne Ashbourne Town Ashbourne Co. Meath
    * Castlecomer Road Castlecomer Rd Kilkenny Co. Kilkenny
    * Waterford Rd Waterford Rd Kilkenny Co. Kilkenny
    * Park Castlecomer Rd Kilkenny Co. Kilkenny
    * Tullow Road Tullow Rd Carlow Co. Carlow
    * Crystal Cork Rd Waterford Co. Waterford
    * Junction 5 M9 Rathcrogue Carlow Co. Carlow
    * Eglington Bray Road Cabinteely Dublin 18 Co. Dublin
    * Rathcoole Naas Road Rathcoole Co. Dublin
    * Centenary Old Bray Road Cabinteely Dublin 18 Co. Dublin
    * College Road College Rd Galway Co. Galway
    * Bohermore Bohermore Galway Co. Galway
    * Caherdavin Caherdavin Limerick Co. Limerick
    * Kilcolgan Kilcolgan Co. Galway
    * Ballinasloe Brackernagh Ballinasloe Co. Galway
    * Ennis Limerick Rd Ennis Co. Clare
    * Corbally Corbally Rd Limerick Co. Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭The Gardener

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone get their book of vouchers and money off coupons that they usually send out to rewards customers in January yet? Maybe this is a replacement.

On the way apparently, according to an email I received from Applegreen promoting their fuel sale this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Only Topaz's that are close to Apple green's are lowering their prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The topaz ones are only off their more expensive "miles" fuel and not the regular stuff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭vickers209

TheDriver wrote: »
    The topaz ones are only off their more expensive "miles" fuel and not the regular stuff?

no standard petrol and diesel included

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

vickers209 wrote: »
    no standard petrol and diesel included

Thanks, their ad suggested to me it was only the dear stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

I find applegreens diesel useless myself.. seems to flow through the car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭mikeecho

TheDriver wrote: »
    Thanks, their ad suggested to me it was only the dear stuff

No, regular fuels are miles , the premium stuff is milesPlus

Topaz offer is for the regular fuel only, and discount will not apply to fuel card transactions.

• Advertisement

I think Applegreen do this Sale every year, either for New Year, or Christmas.

I'm not an Applegreen fan, so I don't frequent them., and have never gotten any vouchers/coupons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mattser

mikeecho wrote: »
    I think Applegreen do this Sale every year, either for New Year, or Christmas.

I'm not an Applegreen fan, so I don't frequent them., and have never gotten any vouchers/coupons

First time I've seen it. Thanks for the heads up Mikeecho. Just filled up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭123654789

Have never got this! Anyone else feeling left out? :pac: Presume it is posted and is not those emails that say buy club orange or the irish times and get an extra rewards point :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Some of the most expensive diesel around in louth, them and topaz.

It is between €1.19 and €1.23 a litre in Dundalk, rarely touch the applegreen these days except to use the toilet or get a drink.

Tesco,Go etc are much cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭v10

€2.50 saved. Think I'll buy an Ice cream. /S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Filled up at the local, 133.8 unleaded. Makes no odds to me really, a garage on the back roads to work set their price at 133.9 and it hasn't changed in months. I'm not sure if they try to use that as a draw or they don't know how to change the price :D

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Filled up at the local, 133.8 unleaded. Makes no odds to me really, a garage on the back roads to work set their price at 133.9 and it hasn't changed in months. I'm not sure if they try to use that as a draw or they don't know how to change the price :D

Maybe they just have very low fuel turnover, and haven't reordered fuel in a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

mikeecho wrote: »
    Maybe they just have very low fuel turnover, and haven't reordered fuel in a while

On a busy road into the back of Ballycoolin/Damastown and the forecourt is rarely empty so I don't think that's it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Clonsilla was €1.30 petrol and €1.21 diesel today .Queues were grand

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I avoid Applegreen too and will only use them if I'm really stuck. Nolans in Ballon, Co, Carlow is Texaco and the cheapest I have seen on my travels over the weekend 121.9 for diesel and 131.9 for petrol. Worth the few miles off the M9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

i converted my car to run on hot air...fill up every time i visited the m in law :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

oh and heres a handy dandy website that claims will tell you the cheapest in your area

http://www.pumps.ie/

I buy the majority of my fuel in applegreen so will definitely use this offer, best prices around and close by too.

I buy the majority of my fuel in applegreen so will definitely use this offer, best prices around and close by too.

Best option is to fill to the brim on Tuesday evening, before the price rises at midnight.

Fill the tank till it almost overflows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

Saw diesel@121.8 last night, another applegreen has it @119.8 this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

oh and heres a handy dandy website that claims will tell you the cheapest in your area

http://www.pumps.ie/

Put the app on your phone and always check before a fill.
    Very easy to update prices too that you pass everyday. Been using it for years. You don't always have to go for the cheapest, but well worth checking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

My local Top which is within a mile of Apple green has matched the reduction. Wouldn't touch Apple Greens fuel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Got 129.9 for petrol in Walkinstown Apple yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭123654789

Apple green have prices on their website too with prices of other nearby stations

http://applegreenstores.com/ie/locations

I like pumps.ie but it's not working for me lately

• Advertisement

sugarman wrote: »
    Not to take away from the Bargain or post, but I can never get my head around people going out of their way to literally save a few cents on Petrol.

If theres an Applegreen near buy, grand.. you'll save on average of €2-2.50 on a full tank...

...but I often have friends and family drive well out of their way to fill up on €20-30 worth to "save" less than 50c:pac:

Sense! Also a 50 litre tank of fuel weighs about 45kg a car uses less fuel with a half full tank than a full one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

sugarman wrote: »
    Not to take away from the Bargain or post, but I can never get my head around people going out of their way to literally save a few cents on Petrol.

If theres an Applegreen near buy, grand.. you'll save on average of €2-2.50 on a full tank...

...but I often have friends and family drive well out of their way to fill up on €20-30 worth to "save" less than 50c:pac:

Madness. Two quid is probably the average saving per customer. Why bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭andrew1977

My local applegreen have reduced their sale price by another 2 cents today.
    I filled up at 122.9 a litre sale price yesterday , today it’s 120.9.
    Raging I missed out on the additional saving, would have pushed the car to work if I had to know another reduction was on the cards, every cent counts for the commuter !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

andrew1977 wrote: »
    My local applegreen have reduced their sale price by another 2 cents today.
    I filled up at 122.9 a litre sale price yesterday , today it’s 120.9.
    Raging I missed out on the additional saving, would have pushed the car to work if I had to know another reduction was on the cards, every cent counts for the commuter !

Hope your being sarcastic!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭MenloPete

eh i dunno wrote: »

Why bother? It's to demonstrate to pump owners that we are price concious and don't like being fleeced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cape Clear wrote: »
    My local Top which is within a mile of Apple green has matched the reduction. Wouldn't touch Apple Greens fuel.

Why? What's wrong with Applegreen fuel?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭snor

Curious also on why you would not touch fuel from Applegreen. A few people have mentioned this also.
    Have to say, their service stations are far superior to any other fuel supplier - proper, indoor and clean toilets. I do a quite a bit of traveling and For this reason alone, always use Applegreen for my fuel, coffee, lunches and of course the bathroom :)

The same reason why we're all reading Bargain Alerts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Hope your being sarcastic!!!

I am indeed!! Good spot.

Why bother saving a euro here or a few cent there on anything? Because it all adds up that's why.

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Why? What's wrong with Applegreen fuel?

I know of 3 people who have had issues with their fuel. I agree their forecourt/deli options are a lot better than some of the others out there but I have to say I will continue to avoid their fuel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Pappu

I called Applegreen to know if the Sale is for all Applegreen store and they confirmed that the sales is for all Applegreen stores until midnight 9/01 !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Wouldn't touch it either, consistently get lower MPG with Apple green fuel and the car runs like muck on it. I'm getting a minimum of 20miles less per fill out of it.

My local Texaco is the cheapest around my area, so I fill up there. Car runs better on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Most Applegreen fuel comes from Maxol

Most Applegreen fuel comes from Maxol
    But they add ethanol to it afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Always thought that the fuel shipped in was the same and then got divided up by the different companies.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭cletus

I always wonder about the people who find Applegreen fuel so bad. How accurate are they being, or can they be, with the measurements they are making. So many things can affect the mpg of a car, the 20 miles less to a tank when your getting maybe 400 miles is nothing.

I've a good idea of what my car does mpg wise, but trips to the shop, traffic, a load in the boot, heavy foot cause I'm late, all can have me up or down 20 miles easily over a tank.

Unless you are reproducing exact driving conditions for two different tank fills, I don't think you can put small variances down to the fuel

Kamili wrote: »
    But they add ethanol to it afaik.

That's a good thing, it increases the octane of the petrol and gives better performance and less knocking particularly in higher performance cars.

That's a good thing, it increases the octane of the petrol and gives better performance and less knocking particularly in higher performance cars.
    Depends, it can also pull water and impurities into the fuel if not stored properly.

To clarify my point on the mpg, my car runs like a bag of spanners on it, smokier and sluggish.

Kamili wrote: »
    Depends, it can also pull water and impurities into the fuel if not stored properly.

To clarify my point on the mpg, my car runs like a bag of spanners on it, smokier and sluggish.

I notice no difference between any of the different brands in economy or how the car runs. I'd guess that my car should run better on the ethenol added fuel as its desgined to perform better on higher octance but you won't really notice the slight increase in real world driving.

I did know of a friend with a very high performance car which could only run on e5 as it was mapped for 99 ron fuel. Normal petrol resulted it the knock analyser going crazy under even mild acceleration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,780 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Sense! Also a 50 litre tank of fuel weighs about 45kg a car uses less fuel with a half full tank than a full one.

Your average car weighs around 2 metric tons - how much difference do you really think a constantly decreasing 25kg worth of fuel is going to make to your mpg?

• Advertisement
Advertisement