Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting landlord article from NY Times

Options
  • 07-01-2018 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/05/realestate/small-landlord-calculate-rent.html

Key thing is just as in Ireland is that landlords generally keep rents stable for good tenants. However some take a no-nonsense approach to needy tenants.

“My unwritten rule is: You don’t bother me, I don’t bother you.”

One tenant whom he had been renting to since 2006 “was like a ghost,” he said approvingly, so he was happy to keep her at the same rent that she paid when she moved into the three-bedroom duplex garden apartment, $2,500 a month. But last summer, the tenant got a new roommate who started calling him all the time about what he said were minor problems or nonissues. So at renewal time, he sent them a letter raising the rent to $4,500.”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

They have two faced landlord politicians just like here too

Advertisement