Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying an airgun in NI

Options
  • 07-01-2018 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Started the application to buy one however it's asking me to upload a picture of my purchase. Does this mean you can buy an air rifle without the license initially? And then sort the license later. Seems strange to me, usually you get the car license before getting the car!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Whos asking you to upload a picture of the gun? To where??

You buy the gun then get the license, you cant collect the gun until the license comes through. Buying from the north i guess you would need an import license too

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mtx

The psni website where I sign up for the fac, it's ask for proof of purchase(pic), what calibre, make, type etc. Right so I can't get the license first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Are you living in northern ireland ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

Ah ok, i thought you were trying to buy it and import into the republic...

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Mtx

gunny123 wrote: »
    Are you living in northern ireland ?
    Yes, i should have stated that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Mtx wrote: »
    The psni website where I sign up for the fac, it's ask for proof of purchase(pic), what calibre, make, type etc. Right so I can't get the license first?

The dealer will want at least a substantial deposit and the balance on collection. If you comply with licencing conditions and you're not an unsuitable applicant there shouldn't be any problem.

Just like a car you can buy any amount of guns but to take it out and use it you require a licence.

Advertisement