Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awesome Games Done Quick 7-14th January

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The current runner is showing horribly coded Skyrim is :)

Bring on the cringe. I have no interest in watching anyone play games but each year I look forward to the moments in which sad people try to get as much attention for themselves as possible.

Watch as some twat asks them to stop playing so that she can talk about her knitting in honour of dead family members.

And this awkward exchange

They lost sound when some guy was explaining what looks like how to do tool assisted runs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

As fun as these are sometimes, in my personal opinion there just seems to be too many of these events each year. Not sure if it's 2 or 3 or 4...or different companies.
    But it kind of gets boring after a few years seeing them do it over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

It's sort of interesting and also sort of strange. Glimpsing into such a weird sub culture. On the one hand I'm like, well they could be out selling drugs on the street and then on the other hand I'm thinking what lonely person speed runs an obscure game from decades ago that many people haven't even heard of.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It's sort of interesting and also sort of strange. Glimpsing into such a weird sub culture. On the one hand I'm like, well they could be out selling drugs on the street and then on the other hand I'm thinking what lonely person speed runs an obscure game from decades ago that many people haven't even heard of.....

The only drug they could sell is Ritalin.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,367 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Games have been a bit naff so far, was watching the Metroid 3 Corruption run last night and almost fell asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Relikk

Vicxas wrote: »
    Games have been a bit naff so far, was watching the Metroid 3 Corruption run last night and almost fell asleep.

I don't even bother to watch the 1hr+ runs when it's live, anymore. I'll wait until they're up on YouTube if I'm stuck for something to watch. The 30 minute 8/16 bit games are ideal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The races I find are the best or anything Big John is commenting on. The PC games have been great, opposing forces last night was great.

The Yoshi's Island race tonight should be good, it's one of the best speed runs in terms of crazy techniques.

• Advertisement

Has the twitch stream been fairly crappy for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was awake during the night (sick, can't sleep) and I was watching Super Mario Sunshine. Seemed pretty glitchy alright.

My beloved Secret of Evermore is up soon followed by Mystical Ninja #only90sKidsWouldGetThis

Yeah its been buffering and swapping bitrates like crazy.

At least its not just me. Didn't they always have a youtube live stream as well? Seems they've ditched it this year

There's a 15 minute timer in Secret of Evermore at one point so the "speed" runner is just sitting there waiting for it come down :pac:

Whats the Secret of Evermore hype all about?

Whats the Secret of Evermore hype all about?

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

People have been going nuts on the AGDQ stream about it all morning.

People have been going nuts on the AGDQ stream about it all morning.
    Dunno about that but I could hazard a guess. It's a quirky flawed RPG with a sense of humour that was developed entirely by the American Squaresoft. It was very different to all the Japanese RPG's but had the same art style. It probably holds a special place in people's hearts from their childhood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Yeah same, thank God it isn't just me.
    Not much to say haven't really watched it this year, there's a delay in adding stuff to YouTube too. Some amazing art on Twitter though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭Inviere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

They're appearing!

I stopped watching the MGS3 run earlier. It was European Extreme & the runner mentioned it was the HD Collection version which is 60 not 30fps. It just wasn't smooth by GDQ standards but went better than the buggy Skyrim stream at least.

Advertisement