Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siacoin

• 07-01-2018 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

I couldn't find a thread on siacoin so thought I'd start one.

Hows everyone finding it?

I got in last night through poloniex so hoping it picks up.

The company seem good.

Does anyone have predictions or info they'd like to add?

Edit as per second post

I've checked out the company this week,they're a cloud company who utilise in unused data storage. People can rent cloud data or rent out out their own for money. Their parent company is nebulous who are developing the obelisk mining software

Their community is over 100k across Facebook,twitter,reddit etc

They had a market cap of 5 million dollars that's increased 3 billion

Last July was a decent month for them but the reverted back to their lowest trading price however since December have steadily climbed from 0.02/c to just under 10(0.098698) partly due to the release of their 3rd software update

They only release quarterly updates and the latest release this month is on their blog on their website https://sia.tech/about/

They expect their stats to sky rocket when they release file sharing this year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭covfefe

What research have you done so far that led you to purchasing this?

It would be nice when people post new threads about a particular coin that they post up some of the research that they have done to date, including what differentiates it from the competition, how the community/company is structured, any relevant financial information, reasons for buying etc.

I believe the altcoin thread is perfectly fine for questions like "anybody have this coin" etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

covfefe wrote: »
    What research have you done so far that led you to purchasing this?

It would be nice when people post new threads about a particular coin that they post up some of the research that they have done to date, including what differentiates it from the competition, how the community/company is structured, any relevant financial information, reasons for buying etc.

I believe the altcoin thread is perfectly fine for questions like "anybody have this coin" etc.

Op updated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Personally I wouldn't touch it until the massive problems they are having with the exchanges.

Seems there is a major flaw in the code and even talk of an emergency fork just to fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

Personally I wouldn't touch it until the massive problems they are having with the exchanges.

Seems there is a major flaw in the code and even talk of an emergency fork just to fix.

Can you link me to that please? I'd appreciate it,cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I've just sold mine today for that reason. I only bought in a couple of days ago with a small percentage of my lumens as sia was one of the only coins still climbing when btc was on it's run.

I seen a nice return but I expect a big sell off of sia when people can finally transfer their off exchange holdings back onto exchanges to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

Personally I think this is a great project with huge potential. I'm considering using it for extra storage myself, dropping Dropbox. I can see the coin price getting higher and higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭covfefe

Op updated

Thanks for the extra info, this one isn't for me, it looks like it already went up over 900x in 2017, market cap at the moment of ~$3 Billion, that's bigger than Box and close to Dropbox in valuation which are long established companies in this space.

I use the free versions of both Box and Dropbox, what is the incentive for me to move from that and start paying for storage with Siacoin?

Advertisement