Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook (semi)lockdown?

Options
  • 07-01-2018 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I wish to get rid of my Facebook account - I don't like the time I spend scrolling down on pure rubbish most of the time.

Basically, there are 3 or 4 pages that are incredibly useful to me with my job. They are reguarly updated, and I often contribute myself.

Is there a way of 'deleting' myself whilst maintaining a link to these pages? And, as is likely, if not what is the best way to get rid of all the rubbish - will I have to manualy unfriend, unlike and unfollow everything bar those work realted profiles?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

https://facebook.com/help/delete_account

You'll need to wait two weeks and not sign in to your old account or it will be reactivated.

Might be useful to see if these pages are on Twitter and if you can contribute to them there instead? Just suggesting it as an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

Thanks folks!! Good suggestions....might try setting up a new account and only joining those groups? I might contact the administrator and explain, just in case they wonder if it's a genuine account requesting to join.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

chases0102 wrote: »
    Thanks folks!! Good suggestions....might try setting up a new account and only joining those groups? I might contact the administrator and explain, just in case they wonder if it's a genuine account requesting to join.

When you say 'contact the adminstrator' - do you mean Facebook? They don't provide this kind of support, so you're really on your own.

Deleting your account seems overkill to me. It is two clicks to unfollow any page, so just start unfollowing the pages and people that aren't relevant for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

chases0102 wrote: »

All good suggestions above. I quit Facebook 7+ years ago and only recently setup a new Facebook account for Security related groups that I use for studying. It works a dream !

Advertisement