Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Edenderry

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Is it still considered a bad spot or have things improved at all?

I'm looking at Clonmullen Hall

EDIT - Wen't down last night for a look. First impressions were positive. Will head down again in the next few days.

Have gone down a good few times now. Ruled out the place we were considering in Clonmullen Hall. Some dodgy dude drinking beer on the steps on a Sunday morning, kids toys thrown on the street, that sort of stuff. Could be ok but we were put off.

Have explored all around the place though. Edenderry has some really nice areas and friendly people. Over around Gilroy, they really take pride in their houses and gardens. The town centre is a very mixed bag between the lovely regular folk, the older folk, and the boy racers, etc. Loads of restaurants and take-aways. It might not be my first choice for a forever home, but as a commuter on a budget, the house prices are very attractive, and it has way more going on than Rhode, Rochfordbridge, Kinnegad, Ballivor, Killucan.

The drive to Dublin (my other half works in Lucan) is fairly handy during off peak hours, about 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Ya Gilroy Ave is a lovely area with a good primary school on that road.

Had a curious look at Church View Heights today as well as the new development Park View, which is essentially tagged on to Church View Heights opposite the pitch n putt course. Church View Heights seemed ok. No rubbish or teenagers or that kind of thing. Park View was a different story though. It's only been there a while and the place is littered with kids scooters, bikes, plastic toys, empty cans and bottles etc. Someone had melted something plastic out on the road. Bizarre to see such a modern development trashed so quickly.

Myself and the missus are still giving Edenderry serious consideration though. It's a handy drive to/from Lucan and everyone we've engaged with around town have been pure lovely. Will be looking around Carrickhall, Gilroy and Newberry, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

condra wrote: »
    Had a curious look at Church View Heights today as well as the new development Park View, which is essentially tagged on to Church View Heights opposite the pitch n putt course. Church View Heights seemed ok. No rubbish or teenagers or that kind of thing. Park View was a different story though. It's only been there a while and the place is littered with kids scooters, bikes, plastic toys, empty cans and bottles etc. Someone had melted something plastic out on the road. Bizarre to see such a modern development trashed so quickly.

Myself and the missus are still giving Edenderry serious consideration though. It's a handy drive to/from Lucan and everyone we've engaged with around town have been pure lovely. Will be looking around Carrickhall, Gilroy and Newberry, fingers crossed.

Churchview Heights is a strict no go in my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

condra wrote: »

Handy drive outside rush hour!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cillian01

Hi all, I'm looking at moving to edenderry, carrickhall close to be specific, can anyone offer any advice as to what that estate is like? Also I know there were some pyrite problems in edenderry so wondering is that still an issue to consider? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tiptop124

Im here recently enough and I would highly recommend it, I comute to Dublin city center every morning off peak hours there in under an hour. Everyone is either very friendly or quite I've met. No assholes at all. I joined a local martial arts club to continue my training here and everyone was extremely welcoming... I knew I was taking a risk buying somewhere I didn't know much about but it 100% paid off and the house is worth alot more now than it was when I bought it

Clunmullen I wouldn't say is a kip... But I mean it's definitely one of the worst estates in Edenderry. Quite possibly a good investment tho because the prices are just going to continue to go up And attract people with better jobs to the area I know house prices are growing naturally but I think edenderry is growing more due to the fact the town is growing aswell new roads new school that eye sore hotel site is finally going. New estates been built. As soon as there is a motor way built or a huge improvement to the r402 Rd to Johnstown bridge. That's when the prices will just go insane. If you're getting to lucan in 30 minutes now imagine a motor way that made that 20 minutes... I'd say house prices would increase by 50%

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tiptop124

I'm regards to carrickhall i would say it is a decent enough estate

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Kloppo

Edenderry is a town which has massively improved over recent years. House prices remain a lot cheaper than neighbouring towns in Kildare and Meath. I commute to Dublin city centre every day - Less than an hour. I would highly recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 rekha

Hey mate,

how’s about clonmullen hall beside tesco?

is there any issues?

It's one of the messy spots in terms of litter, kids toys etc. The amount of random crap thrown on that green patch is terrible. The current Google street view shots are from 2009. It has gone down hill a lot since then.

Those duplexes are very spacious though, and it's a stones throw from town. Also dead handy to drive out towards Enfield direction.

Advertisement