Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I sell Ed Sheeran tickets for Cork in May?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Ticketmaster are taking them back. A friend of mine returned them a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Ticketmaster are taking them back. A friend of mine returned them a few days ago.

And onto seatwave for €350 each no doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Any information on how to do this? Their customer service phone number just gives a standard message with no option to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭nostro

Best solution if that is the case. If they don't the backlash from thousands of angry amateur touts will force them to abandon ID checks in order to facilitate resale.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭what the hell!

sok2005 wrote: »
    Any information on how to do this? Their customer service phone number just gives a standard message with no option to cancel.

I’ll ask but I’m sure she just rang up.

• Advertisement

I’ll ask but I’m sure she just rang up.

Thanks a mill for the heads up, just rang and cancelled with a customer service agent, money is being refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jenn_

sok2005 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill for the heads up, just rang and cancelled with a customer service agent, money is being refunded.

Did you simply ring up and just ask for a refund of your tickets? I looked at the Fan Guarantee Returns policy and wasn't sure if they would! That sounds good though as I am also trying to get rid of my 2 tickets for Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sarahb85

I rang them twice over the past couple of days and was told they are not doing refunds!!!!!

Wonder how some have managed to get a refund and you havent? I hadn't rang yet but not sure now if there is a point....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Jenn_ wrote: »
    Wonder how some have managed to get a refund and you havent? I hadn't rang yet but not sure now if there is a point....

They might have a quota - if a small number are returning tickets they'll know they can sell them on; but if lots are returned they won't want them.

• Advertisement

Very strange. The customer service rep I spoke with was very nonchalant about cancelling, like it was no big deal at all. Refunded all but my €6 admin charge.

who_me wrote: »
    Jenn_ wrote: »

They might have a quota - if a small number are returning tickets they'll know they can sell them on; but if lots are returned they won't want them.
    It's possible. They might have changed policy if the numbers wanting refunds have been higher than they anticipated.
    Still hope they hold their nerve and don't abandon id checks to facilitate resale for profit but time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sarahb85

Well the second time I rang (yesterday) the rep said they cancelled a certain amount and are waiting for approval to cancel more. I also emailed and they said they could only swap ticket. Going to just keep calling every couple of days and see if they have gotten this "approval" to cancel more!!

Thanks for that! Sure I might give them a call tomorrow and see what they say! Maybe they will have been 'approved' by then!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Harika

I had the experience with ticketmaster too, that you get different replies from different reps. So keep trying

Did anyone end up managing to get a refund? I rang a couple of times and couldnt get through! Emailed them but was told there was no refund unless it was cancelled!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Collio729

If anyone cant get a refund, im looking for a ticket to buy for Cork :) Dm me pls

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dockysher

I hav 2 tickets for cork but cant go now, any update on if refunds are still being given by ticketmaster? If not does it have to be someone with same surname as me to use tickets? not really sure how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Collio729

dockysher wrote: »
    I hav 2 tickets for cork but cant go now, any update on if refunds are still being given by ticketmaster? If not does it have to be someone with same surname as me to use tickets? not really sure how it works.

The name on the tickets dont matter im sure. Im looking for 1 ticket to buy if you cant get a refund, i can pay the full price for the ticket

Collio729 wrote: »
    The name on the tickets dont matter im sure.

Thats not certain yet. it would involve Ticketmaster caving in to pressure from touts and doing a u-turn. They probably will but they haven't announced anything. The current position as stated on ticketmaster website is

"To gain access to the concert you are required to bring your tickets along with the purchasing credit card or a photo/photocopy of the credit card and a valid form of ID to reflect family name."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Hi lads

I got tickets from a work colleague

I'm worried I won't get in with all this talk , he can give me a copy of his credit card

Will I be OK ? Very worried here

Found this link https://www.irishtimes.com/news/consumer/ed-sheeran-panic-over-unwanted-concert-tickets-has-started-1.3153560

"Panic over unwanted tickets has started"
    Ticketmaster coming under a lot of pressure to abandon anti touting measures. People that bought extra tickets desperate to be able to sell them on. Hopefully they will hold their nerve.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

nostro wrote: »
    "Panic over unwanted tickets has started"
    Ticketmaster coming under a lot of pressure to abandon anti touting measures. People that bought extra tickets desperate to be able to sell them on. Hopefully they will hold their nerve.

Absolutely. They should allow refunds (with an admin fee deduction) in reasonable numbers though and keep reselling the refunded tickets.
    The demand will be there - there are heaps of people who are not Ed's fans enough to plan around a concert and queue for tickets years ahead, but would gladly buy them a week before a concert if they didn't have anything else planned.

tried ring ticketmaster a few times but haven't got to speak with anyone yet will kept trying. Be next to impossible to find sumone with same surname as me to take tickets, tried family members alredy.

just had a quick look on donedeal der and der is loads of Ed sheeran tickets for sale on it. Do people think the rules wont b enforced at stadium?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

dockysher wrote: »
    just had a quick look on donedeal der and der is loads of Ed sheeran tickets for sale on it. Do people think the rules wont b enforced at stadium?

You'd need to check those who buy them, not who sells them... ;)

thats true!! if people are silly enough to buy tickets without credit card proof and surname with a gud chance they wont get it.

I just cant see it being enforced in the pairc personally,

Im caught with tickets, i have a copy of the credit card used to buy and even a copy of my work colleagues Driving licence, in all fairness if i had bought them off a tout he would hardly give me all this,
    and i have email proof of the agreed price (face value) that i paid, i think it would be ridiculous for TM to turn away the likes of myself who are non-tout,
    Also I wasnt aware of the touting laws until recently, I only bought these tickets for my younger sister,
    I hope common sense prevails

• Advertisement

Canyon86 wrote: »
    Im caught with tickets,
    i have email proof of the agreed price that i paid, i think it would be ridiculous for TM to turn away the likes of myself
    Also I wasnt aware of the touting laws until recently, I only bought these tickets for my younger sister,
    I hope common sense prevails

So you bought tickets from a tout and now you want Ticketmaster to have the common sense to abandon the anti touting measures for the likes of yourself so that you can sell them to someone else.

Advertisement