Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I sell Ed Sheeran tickets for Cork in May?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

nostro wrote: »
    So you bought tickets from a tout and now you want Ticketmaster to have the common sense to abandon the anti touting measures for the likes of yourself so that you can sell them to someone else.

Editing my orginal post I see Nostro ha

No not a tout a work colleague, he is moving to Canada so he sold them for cost price to me

Genuine case

Hopefully common sense will prevail, I'm sure it will

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Collio729

Still looking for 2 ed sheeran tickets for friday dm me pls

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dockysher

Tickets I have are for sunday night in Cork. Finally got through to ticketmaster and they said strictly no refunds :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Harika

That is from their facebook page
    Due to the very high number of inquires about the Ed Sheeran concerts, here is all you need to know about the special requirements set out by Ed Sheeran and Aiken Promotions to enter the events in all venues on his Irish tour.

Venues: Páirc Uí Chaoimh (Cork) Phoenix Park (Dublin) Pearse Stadium (Galway)

All Ed Sheeran concert tickets sold for his Irish tour across 3 venues in Cork, Dublin and Galway were sold with strict guidelines for purchasers to follow. These rules have not changed since the release of tickets.

• Persons who purchased there tickets through the website are required to bring Photo ID in the lead booking name on the tickets along with the Credit Card details used for purchase and there booking confirmation email to the event on the night to gain entry.

• Persons who purchased there tickets in Ticketmaster outlets are just required to bring Photo ID in the lead booking name printed on there tickets to gain entry. No receipt of payment is required in this instance.

If the lead booker of the tickets is unable to attend the concert someone with the same surname as on the tickets may use the tickets provided they show Photo ID and a copy of the credit card used for purchase. (CC details required for online purchases only)

This Ticketmaster outlet in Merchants Quay Shopping Centre has no authority to refund, change date or modify any tickets purchased for the Ed Sheeran concerts sold through the website or in Ticketmaster outlets.

If you want to request a modification to your booking the purchaser has to contact ticketmaster customer service through the website on the contact us section or call the dedicated customer service helpline on 0818 90 30 01.

We hope you find this helpful.

If you have any other issue with your online purchase or require any other assistance please check out the help link section below -
    https://help.ticketmaster.ie/?
    tm_link=tm_homeA_ql_4

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

I have 2 seated tickets for sale, for the friday May 4th concert in Cork, if anyones interested. I wont be around, so whoever buys them would be depending on the photo id and credit card checks not happening. They cost me 192 euros inc booking fee for the pair.

I contacted ticketmaster and they wont give a refund, just a change to a different date, which doesnt suit me. I dont blame them, they laid out the conditions before I bought them, which i was aware of then, so its my problem. Its a pity we cant sell on though, at face value only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭nostro

. Its a pity we cant sell on though..

Think that is the whole point of the anti touting measures.

If you want to request a modification to your booking the purchaser has to contact ticketmaster customer service through the website on the contact us section or call the dedicated customer service helpline on 0818 90 30 01.

Possibly a way to sell on tickets. Not that straightforward though.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Think that is the whole point of the anti touting measures.

Surely if you are allowed to sell on, but not above face value, does that not kick the touts out and also allow those that genuinely cant make it to sort out their tickets too.

Surely if you are allowed to sell on, but not above face value, does that not kick the touts out .

I would have thought that verification of actual price obtained by resellers is impractical.

I think as well it is the principle of buying tickets for later resale that Ticketmaster is attempting to discourage, irrespective of the price obtained by resellers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Should just have a return policy with a charge of 20%.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I have 2 tickets for his concert in Dublin and we can’t go as we are going away. I rang Ticketmaster only this morning and was told as long as I provided a copy of my ID to the buyer I could sell on. I bought in cash, had I used my card he said I’d have to give a copy of card used.

m'lady wrote: »
    I rang Ticketmaster only this morning and was told as long as I provided a copy of my ID to the buyer I could sell on.
    If this is true it is a climbdown and complete u-turn by Ticketmaster and a massive victory for the touts

Or are you perhaps trying to trick someone into buying tickets from you

It also contradicts their official statement, but from my experience with their customer support I wouldn't be surprised if they gave that information.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭dockysher

It next to impossible to sell tickets on now newaz cause all sites such as donedeal, adverts. ie nd gumtree not accepting adds for ed sheeran tickets anymore. Have tried all sites today.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Of course they are refusing!! The ticketmaster policy is as clear as day.
    Anyone that buys second hand would be throwing money away.
    Yes some genuine people will loose out, but it stops the huge amount of touting that goes on which is a far bigger issue.

What I'm interested in is the impact on queuing times getting into the venues with the extra validation.
    I'm going to the opening gig, so it will likely be carnage...

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

so they suggest security at the gig will have a big list of 50000 credit card numbers. not a hope.
    just buy an irish novelty ID online

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

site_owner wrote: »
    so they suggest security at the gig will have a big list of 50000 credit card numbers. not a hope.
    just buy an irish novelty ID online

Bouncer scans the ticket, scanner displays the name associated with it and four last digits of the card or /cash purchase/. Nothing extraordinary.

grogi wrote: »
    Bouncer scans the ticket, scanner displays the name associated with it and four last digits of the card or /cash purchase/. Nothing extraordinary.

Yeah still I see a lot of discussion and long queues, if:
    - the names don't fit and people are getting surprised by that
    - and when the credit card details do not match caused by expired/changed cards

Hope that will be taken in account with additional staff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Harika wrote: »
    Yeah still I see a lot of discussion and long queues, if:
    - the names don't fit and people are getting surprised by that
    - and when the credit card details do not match caused by expired/changed cards

Hope that will be taken in account with additional staff

Do you get new card number when the old expires? Mine stays the same, only CVV and expiry date is updated.

grogi wrote: »
    Do you get new card number when the old expires? Mine stays the same, only CVV and expiry date is updated.

My BOI card number did change, my separate VISA usually not, although it was changed when there were security issue
    But I read on the internet that someone asked that to ticketmaster support and they said it is expected that that happens and as long as the payment card is in the proper name you are fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

I genuinely cant see security (many of whom are local guys just doing this on the side for a standard wage) turning away people and causing hassle amongst patrons

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Anyone have tips on parking or getting to gig. Is walking the best bet

TheDriver wrote: »
    Anyone have tips on parking or getting to gig. Is walking the best bet

Park in town and walk from there. About a 15 min walk. If you have mobility issues park and ride or there are probably shuttle buses from town as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Reminder: no selling tickets on here, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Park in town and walk from there. About a 15 min walk. If you have mobility issues park and ride or there are probably shuttle buses from town as well.
    Closer to half an hour but I agree it's not a bad walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

If this is true it is a climbdown and complete u-turn by Ticketmaster and a massive victory for the touts

Or are you perhaps trying to trick someone into buying tickets from you

I am only seeing your reply now. I am absolutely not trying to trick someone into buying tickets from me and I resent that accusation. As already mentioned I called ticket master and spoke with an agent who confirmed what I already said in my previous post. Also for the record I am selling my tickets at cost, therefore not making any sort of profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Brenty

Is there anyone looking to swap tickets for the Cork concert. I have tickets for the Saturday and would like to swap for the Sunday?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Our main work car park is on Centre park road and the building management have been advised of road closures and one way traffic management in place on Centre Park road for Friday and local access only up to 3/3.30.

At last he'll have had some positive impact on my life. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Theres a ring of steel fences gone up around the Marina starting off right down in the village, all the way up to river side and starting on both sides of the road at the start of the Line walk away, where the Atlantic pond starts.

Was strange driving up there this morning.

I've noticed to that theyve fenced off the Monaghan road side too, from the main entrance, all along the road up to CAB and into the Atlantic Pond.

Basically, you wont be getting near the stadium unless you have a reason to be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Anyone on here know what is the situation with barriers on approach ie. How close can you get without a ticket? Had a lovely evening with a few beers chilling on the grass by the Atlantic Pond for Bruce Springsteen a few years back, and wouldn't mind doing the same again over the weekend. I suppose I could always head across the river to Tivoli anyway

Advertisement