Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I sell Ed Sheeran tickets for Cork in May?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Theres a ring of steel fences gone up around the Marina starting off right down in the village, all the way up to river side and starting on both sides of the road at the start of the Line walk away, where the Atlantic pond starts.

Was strange driving up there this morning.

I've noticed to that theyve fenced off the Monaghan road side too, from the main entrance, all along the road up to CAB and into the Atlantic Pond.

Basically, you wont be getting near the stadium unless you have a reason to be there.

I'm going to head that direction for a bit of a run after work just to see what it's looking like, hopefully pedestrians will be allowed along the river as normal.

The amount of emails at work (UCC) from people flogging tickets is unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I live in the area and I'm anticipating this to be an unorganised nightmare. The last time a big match was on, we weren't allowed park outside our house and had to park a 25 minute walk away. Couldn't even get onto the main road.

I'm already worrying about getting home from work today and tomorrow with the road closures. I hope the guards and stewards are accommodating to residents because they promised we wouldn't be too badly inconvenienced. I don't have much faith either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Palmach

I also have two tickets which I can't use. Family thing came up. I want to sell at face value and get my money back. I logged onto my account at Ticketmaster to be told, incredibly, I hadn't bought any tickets so I can't resell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Olsky

Palmach wrote: »
    I I want to sell at face value and get my money back.

A bit too late for that. Hundreds of resellers/touts desperate to offload tickets. Prices on the resale market have plummeted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Olsky wrote: »
    A bit too late for that. Hundreds of resellers/touts desperate to offload tickets. Prices on the resale market have plummeted.

any link to that ?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I live in the area and I'm anticipating this to be an unorganised nightmare. The last time a big match was on, we weren't allowed park outside our house and had to park a 25 minute walk away. Couldn't even get onto the main road.

I'm already worrying about getting home from work today and tomorrow with the road closures. I hope the guards and stewards are accommodating to residents because they promised we wouldn't be too badly inconvenienced. I don't have much faith either way.

Our work has a car park on Monahan road and we were told that exit/access can't be guaranteed after 3pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just came into work and the Gardai have been on barriers since last night stopping people.

There is barriers in Ballintemple across from ABI, up the road by the old Venue bar heading down the Monahan road and just passed AIB on the right, the access to the Ardfoyle area.

There is barriers in Blackrock village and down the Marina, theres also barriers at the town end of the Monahan and Centre Park roads.

There is metal fences up outside the stadium at the Atlantic pond but you should be able to access the Pond via the line walk, however, you wont get close to the stadium.

I'd say in the next few hours, its going to be mad around here with people coming down, even though they've been advised not to que up.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Our work has a car park on Monahan road and we were told that exit/access can't be guaranteed after 3pm!

Same, was hoping for a half day but its unlikely. :o

Same, was hoping for a half day but its unlikely. :o

Yep, still holding out hope for a go home early e-mail!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Olsky wrote: »

Also tickets still available on ticketmaster, so they will either buy direct or offer peanuts for the risk of not getting in. Bit of a shambles really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

ticketmaster help desk saying all you need is the original seller's I.D and CC copy, and you ll be fine

I'm going to reckon they'll be fairly strict with peoples tickets this weekend and the tour in general.

So I wouldn't be surprised to hear of "horror" stories tomorrow or over the weekend of people getting turned away without having the proper IDs for the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I'm going to reckon they'll be fairly strict with peoples tickets this weekend and the tour in general.

So I wouldn't be surprised to hear of "horror" stories tomorrow or over the weekend of people getting turned away without having the proper IDs for the tickets.

Looking forward to the RedFm and 96FM Facebook meltdowns already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Harika

Looking forward to the RedFm and 96FM Facebook meltdowns already :D

Oh that will be brutal, although I cannot see them dealing it as strict as they promise especially with the payment cards. Like my card was renewed and I have a new card number, if judging by the letter I won't get in. Then I met someone who married recently and ID and Credit Card have different names on them.
    But those who bought from touts might get a rude awakening even when the facebook sale groups had warnings under all ticket sales from people that they might have problems.

Harika wrote: »
    Oh that will be brutal, although I cannot see them dealing it as strict as they promise especially with the payment cards. Like my card was renewed and I have a new card number, if judging by the letter I won't get in. Then I met someone who married recently and ID and Credit Card have different names on them.
    But those who bought from touts might get a rude awakening even when the facebook sale groups had warnings under all ticket sales from people that they might have problems.

Those first two examples should be fine with a bit of common sense.

I think, as you mentioned, its more to catch out people who bought them from touts and have no way of getting the sellers ID/CC info.

As someone said, there is going to be many rants and meltdowns on social media. :o

Those first two examples should be fine with a bit of common sense.

I think, as you mentioned, its more to catch out people who bought them from touts and have no way of getting the sellers ID/CC info.

As someone said, there is going to be many rants and meltdowns on social media. :o

If I would design a check system for the gates I would mainly focus on the name on the ticket and match it with the ID. You can spot check if Mr. Pat O'Neill has the correct credit card number, as it is a common name, but if the name is something like Friedalotte Veryuniquename, it makes no sense to check the CC name and number. 40k people and one minute each that way with 100 posts checking would mean six hours checking time. With gates open at 5 means Ed can start playing at 11. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Olsky

Bit of a shambles really.

Not if the intention was to give the touts s bit of a hammering. Even lax and cursory id checks this evening should be enough to discourage buying tickets from third parties for remaining concerts.
    A shambles for the touts. Yes indeed and well deserved

I dont know about that, theyve such a song and dance about it, I'd say they'll enforce it to some degree.

I hope everyone does get to go though, there will be people after getting tickets from touts that are probably in limbo and worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I dont know about that, theyve such a song and dance about it, I'd say they'll enforce it to some degree.

I hope everyone does get to go though, there will be people after getting tickets from touts that are probably in limbo and worried.

I think that at that state TM do want to have a bit of rage and meltdown on RedFM and Facebook. Buzz like that would make enough of impression so that nobody would buy from touts anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Collio729

Can anyone help me find the facebook page for selling tickets. Cant seem to find it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Collio729

Dm me if you have a sunday standing :)

Dunno about other entrances, but no additional checks at the standing one.
    Just scanned the ticket and let us in.

Anyone experience different?

Same on social media, spot checks for id but no cc check.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Ashill5

Got in no problem last night.
    Friend had bought us the tickets, got his ID off him.
    They hardly looked at them.

And didn't see anybody getting hassle over ID.

There were touts looking to buy tickets around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭clerk

Same, got in with no id check. Didn't see anyone's id being checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 piggyalro

sok2005 wrote: »
    I bought 2 tickets last year for the Sunday show in Pairc Ui Chaoimh but something has come up and I'll very likely be out of the country for the day of the concert. Is there a legitimate way for me to return my tickets to ticketmaster or can I sell them on even though my name is associated with the purchase??

Any chance these tickets are still available to buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

nostro wrote: »
    So you bought tickets from a tout and now you want Ticketmaster to have the common sense to abandon the anti touting measures for the likes of yourself so that you can sell them to someone else.

Got in no hassle :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 billyrni

Ticket master told me that I could only pass them on if I provided a ... quote from customer services  'a copy of the card used for the purchase, and a copy of your ID' which I didn't think was very secure. I only wanted to sell my tickets as my circumstances 11 months previously had changed and would have taken a fraction of the price to cut my losses. This seems to have been bad advice as my daughter went tonight and her ticket was scanned and no checks whatsoever. While I fully understand why this is being done it is hitting legitimate fans hard as twickets isn't available in ireland and must now open the door to the touts again while the naïve folk are left wondering what the h3ll is going on. I won't be trusting ticketmaster.ie again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

billyrni wrote: »
    Ticket master told me that I could only pass them on if I provided a ... quote from customer services  'a copy of the card used for the purchase, and a copy of your ID' which I didn't think was very secure. I only wanted to sell my tickets as my circumstances 11 months previously had changed and would have taken a fraction of the price to cut my losses. This seems to have been bad advice as my daughter went tonight and her ticket was scanned and no checks whatsoever. While I fully understand why this is being done it is hitting legitimate fans hard as twickets isn't available in ireland and must now open the door to the touts again while the naïve folk are left wondering what the h3ll is going on. I won't be trusting ticketmaster.ie again.

Its a situations like crying wolf. We all fell into line because we like the idea of ousting the touts but then ticketmaster didn't even check anything (which is no surprise logistically). So back to business as usual for touts and scaremongering being ignored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Happy17

Does anyone know where I can sell my tickets?i have two tickets for Galway for the 12th and I am now unable to go, I tried to see if ticket master would take them back but unfortunately they won't.

Advertisement