Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore

Options
  • 07-01-2018 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭

It seemed like the whole of Waterford was on Tramore beach and prom today. Lovely sunny afternoon, though cold. We walked from the Coastguard Station to Moe's and there were people everywhere, Moe's was packed.

Brilliant to see the place so lively, its not so many years ago that there would have been just a scattering of people on the prom and beach, today even the big 'back strand' carpark was full.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I was out there myself on Sunday for a bit of a walk and a bite in Moe's. Lovely day for a walk.

Driving back into Waterford, there was a constant flow of traffic heading out to Tramore. Looked like the traffic on an exceptionally hot Summer's day.

What is extremely annoying is the lack of places that accept card payments. Anywhere along the beach and prom is cash only which I find fairly odd in the modern day, and there is a distinct lack of cash machines anywhere nearby or even in Tramore. I can only think of two, one in the town and one in Applegreen.

That said everywhere seemed packed so most folk must be going around with cash. Its something I would rarely carry living in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Yes, we had to do a round-up to get coffee and a couple of snacks in a group of six. I had my card and €6 on me :)

Advertisement