Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank holiday pay during sick leave

Options
  • 07-01-2018 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I got medical certificate for two weeks. During first week was bank holiday. Should I get payslip for that week with paid bank holiday? (Company where I work pays for bank holiday, I get weekly wages and my employer doesn't pay for sick leave).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Nika02 wrote: »
    I got medical certificate for two weeks. During first week was bank holiday. Should I get payslip for that week with paid bank holiday? (Company where I work pays for bank holiday, I get weekly wages and my employer doesn't pay for sick leave).

If you're on rhe sick whilst on annual leave you will get the holidays back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Nika02

I was not on annual leave when I got medical cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Nika02 wrote: »
    I was not on annual leave when I got medical cert.

Sorry, I misread your post, I think you're due either a day off in lieu or an extra days pay. I'll check tomorrow with my union rep.

Advertisement