Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a restaurant in South Dublin

• 07-01-2018 9:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭

I’ve had a look around and there’s no place on Boards (as far as I can see) to recommend a restaurant that you enjoyed the food in but have no affiliations with. Mods please feel free to move if there’s a more suitable spot. It’s in South Dublin so I said I’d post it here.

I’ll start! I know it’s the New Year and people are probably eating healthy but this week our family ate in a relatively new restaurant above The Laurels in Perrystown called Asianland and the food was excellent.

There is no MSG in any of their cooking, prices are very reasonable they even have an early bird with two courses for about €18 most days of the week. They have Chinese, Thai, Malaysian dishes and sushi. Couldn’t recommend it any higher to be honest the quality was as good if not better than Wongs in Ranelagh when it was there. They also deliver locally. Food is way too good not to give it a try sometime honestly and again I’m just a punter I have no affiliations whatsoever with the restaurant.

Anyway website is linked.

www.asianland.ie

Perhaps if your reading this you could post a recommendation for a restaurant of your choice that you enjoyed eating in over the Christmas.

Stiofán

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

Had dinner in Aprille's Restaurant in Stillorgan Last night, above the chipper, and it was excellent, cheap enough too, €20 for 2 courses and a beer, Highly recommend it.

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

uch wrote: »
    Had dinner in Aprille's Restaurant in Stillorgan Last night, above the chipper, and it was excellent, cheap enough too, €20 for 2 courses and a beer, Highly recommend it.

I've been there a couple of times and always enjoyed it. Riba is also lovely (only a few doors up from Apriles)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Forest and Marcy is amazing http://forestandmarcy.ie/ for a special occasion - really interesting food

Really enjoyed meals out in Oliveto in Haddington House - it's not just for pizzas! https://haddingtonhouse.ie/oliveto/

And was pleasantly surprised by the quality in Fallon and Byrnes in the People's park - was very good value too.
    http://www.fallonandbyrne.com/section/233

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,475 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Nice spot in Tallaght.

https://www.peachtreeeast.com/

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Near me:

Taylors Three Rock has great pub grub, not to expensive, specials during the week as well.

The Eden is also quite good.

Chinese in the Orchard is OK but mid week is a bit like an old folks home..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

I would recommend an Italian restaurant in Deansgrange called Fellinis. It is quite small but booking far in advance is not necessary it's a casual joint the scenery isin't great looking out at car park but trust me the food is excellent especially the pizza and lasagna with good deserts also reasonably priced too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Steviesol

Ananda in Dundrum, fantastic indian food.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Steviesol wrote: »
    Ananda in Dundrum, fantastic indian food.

Plus one

this is the best value in Dublin. Food is very very good value for the money.
    better food than Riba, which is more expensive.
    only downside is that the room is a bit squashed with the amount of seating.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Aoshima upstairs beside the Mill House in stillorgan does amazing Japanese food and sushi.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Darthvadar

Fantastic Indian... Wonderful food, perfect service, lovely surroundings, great value, and really understanding of food allergy and special diets... Can't speak highly enough about it!...

http://www.mamsindianrestaurant.ie/

Darth...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

My favourite restaurants in Dublin right now are:

1) chapter one, fine dining
    2) forest avenue, fine dining
    3) featherblade, great steak and value for money
    4) khans baltihouse, donnybrook, great indian
    5) revolution pizza, rathgar
    6) Pickle, another great indian
    7) Asador, another great steakhouse

Advertisement