Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free tablet????

Options
  • 07-01-2018 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

Signed up for 12 months on black friday. have been connected since 11/12/2017. Where is this free tablet? or how do i get it?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Took up same offer: have made about 10 phone calls about this issue (and some offer to get €50 cashback) neither has materialised and I've been told every time that it will be resolved and I'll get some email with a code. I did get a code for the cashback but not the tablet. 

I am on the point of a formal complaint and cancelling my account. 

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Took up same offer: have made about 10 phone calls about this issue (and some offer to get €50 cashback) neither has materialised and I've been told every time that it will be resolved and I'll get some email with a code. I did get a code for the cashback but not the tablet. 

I am on the point of a formal complaint and cancelling my account. 
    Hi Pinkypinky,

I'm sorry to hear this. Feel free to PM me your full name and account number. I would be happy to help clear this up for you.

Thanks

Tracey

PM sent without much hope of resolution.

Genealogy Forum Mod

PM sent without much hope of resolution.
    Hi Pinkypinky,

I will get back to you through PM soon.

Thanks 

Tracey

Update: Tracey has come back to me but not with good news. Apparently, I'm not eligible for the deal at all, so I've taken it up directly with Eir, despite multiple people telling me otherwise. Absolute disgrace.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

Update: Tracey has come back to me but not with good news. Apparently, I'm not eligible for the deal at all, so I've taken it up directly with Eir, despite multiple people telling me otherwise. Absolute disgrace.
    I understand your frustration with this. 

I've PM'd you there now. 

Apologies again for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

I sent you a pm tracey.

UrbanFret wrote: »
    I sent you a pm tracey.
    Thanks. 

I'll come back to you soon through PM's

Thanks

Tracey 

yep trying to weasel out of sending me my tablet as well. Must think their customers are dirt . I had forgotten why I left them in the first place. It's all coming back to me now though.

Turns out I am eligible after all - took a lot of effort but apparently I'll have it tomorrow!

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

Turns out I am eligible after all - took a lot of effort but apparently I'll have it tomorrow!
    good stuff. I will be expecting the same outcome as that was the deal I signed up for on Cyber monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Alan G

How did you manage to resolve this? I'm in the same boat. I'm waiting on Tracey to come back.. however, if it was through eir direct, I might be better off contacting them?

Alan G wrote: »
    How did you manage to resolve this? I'm in the same boat. I'm waiting on Tracey to come back.. however, if it was through eir direct, I might be better off contacting them?
    Persistence. I asked to escalate the matter and I also emailed Bonkers (who did the initial sign-up). They passed it on to their Eir contact and that person rang me back. He did mention that very few people knew about the affiliate deal and that was why Tracey had thought I wasn't eligible. He was supposed to ring with an update yesterday but instead I got several emails to arrange getting the tablet. I've had a courier text this morning with a window for delivery too.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Alan G wrote: »
    Persistence. I asked to escalate the matter and I also emailed Bonkers (who did the initial sign-up). They passed it on to their Eir contact and that person rang me back. He did mention that very few people knew about the affiliate deal and that was why Tracey had thought I wasn't eligible. He was supposed to ring with an update yesterday but instead I got several emails to arrange getting the tablet. I've had a courier text this morning with a window for delivery too.
    I'm glad to hear this has been arranged for you, apologies for the confusion.

I understand your frustration.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Alan G

Just bumping this as I've yet to receive any update on the issue first posted.

Advertisement