Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boat space required

• 07-01-2018 11:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hello all and a happy new year.
    I'm hoping that someone here may be able to help me. I have a dawncraft 27, it's a grp river/canal cruiser and it needs a lot of work. I'm looking for a shed, or yard space to let, where I could store her and work on her. I'm in Drumcondra so anywhere on the northside or North county Dublin, Ashbourne or around there in Meath would be preferable but anything will be considered. My intention is to get the outside finished and put her back in the water to finish the inside. It wouldn't be a long term rental as I'd really like to get her back on the water this summer. Any space roughly 40' (12m) long x 20' (6m) wide with a height of 16' (4.8m) working room would be lovely. Thanks in advance, John

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I'll see what I can do for you, would you be willing to pay a few quid a week ? have a look at my cruiser restoration and see if that space will do you it's in Lusk Co.Dublin I might be able to put in a good word for you and be able to help out with any questions you might have on the restoration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭thehippychippy

That's brilliant Fergal, thank you. I wouldn't have a problem paying a few quid at all and the place where you did up your cruiser would be great

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Sorry I was on to the guy and the yard is already being rented out. When I was looking for a spot this guy called me saying he had room might be worth calling into him. https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Balbriggan,+Co.+Dublin/@53.5991316,-6.2143096,199m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x486722c374970fb3:0xa00c7a99731d490!8m2!3d53.6083194!4d-6.1820798

Also this place they had no room when I called as the yard was full of containers but it's empty now, might also be worth asking any local farmers. https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Balbriggan,+Co.+Dublin/@53.5929078,-6.2082904,504m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x486722c374970fb3:0xa00c7a99731d490!8m2!3d53.6083194!4d-6.1820798

No worries Fergal and thank you again for trying. I saw your reply earlier but couldnt post a reply from my phone. My brother arranged for me to meet a mate of his re his shed earlier tonight and the deal was done. I'll be moving my Dawncraft in at the begining of Febuary, it's out Oldtown way. Thanks again and I'll be seeking some of your knowledge over the next while if the offer still stands

Well, this happened about 2 weeks ago

• Advertisement

Going to be a few weeks before I can work on her properly but, after 7 years of moving from carrick on shannon, to my brothers garden, to my friends field, to a farmers yard, I finally got here into a shed. First job is to put up some shelves to store the teak and oak I've been reclaiming from skips and sort out what needs doing first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Welcome aboard and glad to see you got her under cover. It makes all the difference in trying to restore something, be it a car or boat or whatever. Lots of useful info about and I'll be following along with interest. Look in on fergals threads on his "wheelchair adaptation" or my own refit on a smaller 16' Microplus and a bigger 25' Wellcraft. All different boats but you might get some ideas or inspiration.

And remember, the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked!

Best of luck with it and lots of pics please!!

Looking forward to this :D

Advertisement