Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas out of season 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Saw someone in Dunnes on Saturday wearing a christmas top :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

DvB wrote: »
    Saw an advert on the TV last night that one of the movie channels is going 'Christmas in July' & showing nothing but crimbo movies... First I'd ever seen or heard of such a thing.... but mentioned it in work this morning & appraently its been a thing for the last couple of years at least.
    Yes - that would be Movies 24 - they defo did it last year.  Crimbo movies Mon-Fri in July

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Was driving down Dame Street on Sunday and one of the pubs had music playing outside - Fairytale of New York !

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

Ellen is a christmas episode today!!! I am in work so cant hear it but the set is looking very festive!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Die Hard is on Film 4. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭heretothere

DvB wrote: »
    Saw an advert on the TV last night that one of the movie channels is going 'Christmas in July' & showing nothing but crimbo movies... First I'd ever seen or heard of such a thing.... but mentioned it in work this morning & appraently its been a thing for the last couple of years at least.

It was a big thing in Australia, in Brisbane they have an ice ring, I think it's just because it's so hot for December Christmas that it's nice to have a cold one in July. If that's where it came from I don't know but it's good fun it was probably made up by some clever company that sells Christmas thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Anybody have any idea what date the Toyshow will be on this year? I'm thinking the 30th November...it would never be the 7th December would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

leahyl wrote: »
    Anybody have any idea what date the Toyshow will be on this year? I'm thinking the 30th November...it would never be the 7th December would it?

I remember last year it was in December and Ryan made a big deal out of it being brought back to December to have it more traditional or something. I wonder will he stick to his guns this year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I remember last year it was in December and Ryan made a big deal out of it being brought back to December to have it more traditional or something. I wonder will he stick to his guns this year.

I think that was more down to the way the Friday fell. November 30th sounds right to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

For anyone thats on Twitter or Instragram some pictures today from the Tesco Christmas range 2018 launch. #tescocij2018

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    I think that was more down to the way be Friday felt. November 30th sounds right to me.

Totally agree with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Loughc wrote: »
    I think that was more down to the way be Friday felt. November 30th sounds right to me.

Yes, I think the same....I just wanted to know so I could start planning my day off to decorate :pac:

Last year, the Friday was Dec 1st, so to have it a week earlier may have been considered too early.  I'd say Nov 30th.

Movie night with my girl - we are watching Mickey Mouse's Christmas ðŸ˜

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

leahyl wrote: »
    Yes, I think the same....I just wanted to know so I could start planning my day off to decorate :pac:

I do the same every year too. But this year with moving into our new house I’ll be using all my extra non Christmas holidays on that I won’t be able to book that Friday off.

I’ll juat have to put them up the Sunday before so haha.

Went to a BBQ in my parents yesterday evening - my mam had put up a small fibre optic Christmas Tree & my Dad dressed up as Santy & gave the kids ice-lollies :D:pac::pac:

Totally mental family but the kids were beyond delighted with it all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ciara007

A cadburys truck passed me today and it had a santa on the side of the truck

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

ciara007 wrote:

I saw that this morning too on the M50!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭DvB

We watched Sleepless in Seattle last night (was on one of the movie channels) & as I'd never seen it before I was totally unaware that its set between christmas & valentines day, starting at Christmas Eve... felt weird watching it at the start but it got myself & herself chatting about Christmas for the rest of the night. No complaints from me, I'll chat about Christmas anytime!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Saw a business in my area with their Christmas decorations lit up the other night. I'd say it was a mistake but it definately deserves a mention on here.

• Advertisement

One of the neighbours daughter works in Dunnes Stores & told us last night that they've received their first delivery of Quality Street, Roses & Heroes 'tins' (those horrible plastic ones) & that they'll be out on sale after the next stock take next weekend.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I got an email for some sale saying Black Friday in July!

We just got emailed a save the date for our department Christmas party!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

If you follow Donal Skehan on Insta, you might have seen that he was filming a Christmas slot on a cooking show yesterday. Weirdly they seem to be showing it on tv (in the states) today.

Circle K(Topaz) opened a new store Today and they had a Christmas in July theme for opening.
    37815571_2206988905995600_1373989437041541120_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d1eb129cb86187871c0e1f30e195d78a&oe=5C12C634
    37868284_2206989109328913_6613203506360745984_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d497daa9946e3c022e03d141a8b6b571&oe=5BD45004
    37859497_2206989115995579_6910713460003176448_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=497efd9e9e09a22a7277eb5446a533f8&oe=5C0F3529
    37877620_2206989195995571_8143740811964579840_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=10bb2f4649f26719d93209869744bb93&oe=5C0B59AB

Central Floral supplies had a lovely video on their FB page yesterday of all their themed rooms set up in their warehouse - made me feel all lovely and Christmassy

Tell you what guys, standing on the paltform this morning waiting for the train it was cold enough to remind me that winter (& christmas) is not that far away at all... I know it can stay mild enough up into late November but the sudden drop in temperature gave me a reminder of whats coming down the line.

Harrods Christmas World in London opened today. It's just a small section, but it's all lit up. BT will no doubt be opening their soon!

• Advertisement

ciara007 wrote: »

Saw one of these this morning, made me smile :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement