Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas out of season 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭DvB

kitten_k wrote: »

The amount of grief they got online was crazy. The vast majority of coverage they received was negative. Then again its an easy target I suppose.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I don't get it, its not as if people HAVE to go into it. If its too early for you, then just ignore it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

kitten_k wrote: »
    I don't get it, its not as if people HAVE to go into it. If its too early for you, then just ignore it!

Shops have being doing similar now for a few years. I'd say if they were looking money they wouldn't bother opening it so early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Fair play to the hockey team for spreading the joy....just in case you missed their homecoming performance :-) https://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/hockey/watch-players-get-in-the-christmas-spirit-as-irelands-world-cup-heroes-are-welcomed-home-in-style-37190562.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Arthur Christmas was on Film4 yesterday evening, did anyone else watch it? It was brilliant :)

• Advertisement

I've noticed the days are getting shorter!

My neighbours 6 year old was singing Rudolph the Red Nosed reindeer this morning when I was out hanging out my washing before coming to work - really cheered me up on a Monday morning :-)

chuckles30 wrote: »
    My neighbours 6 year old was singing Rudolph the Red Nosed reindeer this morning when I was out hanging out my washing before coming to work - really cheered me up on a Monday morning :-)

I know somebody and their neighbour used do this.
    They'd start singing Christmas carols in about September.
    There mother used send them to the bottom of the garden.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Squeeeeeeeeee. :D

• Advertisement

303995_60_news_hub_multi_750x0.png
    303996_60_news_hub_multi_750x0.png
    DkekxjhWsAEEv9e.jpg
    DkexSNDWsAABEgr.jpg
    DkepyuhW0AA1GQx.jpg:large

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The pics are great. It looks stunning!

The latest Lidl book feels very Autumny between back to school, clothes, tools for the garden and plants!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'll be around that part of town at the end of next week. Can't wait to go to BT's!! :D:D

Couldn't help but notice the Christmas tins of choccies over the weekend in Dunnes in the Blanchardstown SC, though correct me if i'm wrong but does the packaging change to something more 'seasonal' closer to christmas?
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Couldn't help but notice the Christmas tins of choccies over the weekend in Dunnes in the Blanchardstown SC, though correct me if i'm wrong but does the packaging change to something more 'seasonal' closer to christmas?

Not really to be honest.
    They do the bigger tin of Quality Street in a tin which might be more Christmassy.

Not really to be honest.
    They do the bigger tin of Quality Street in a tin which might be more Christmassy.

I went looking for them last year & couldnt find them, just the smaller plastic ones, must keep an eye out this year, love a tin or twelve of QS over the crimbo.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Super Valu usually get them in first around the end of November / beginning of December so I snap them up then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

DvB wrote: »

They have been in my local Dunnes for about 3 weeks already!

washiskin wrote: »
    Super Valu usually get them in first around the end of November / beginning of December so I snap them up then.

My Supervalu would have them in from October and they'd go on offer in November for a few days.
    They couldn't shift the big tins last year so it was like a permanent offer into January.

• Advertisement

Euro Giant in Ashbourne has the plastic sweet jar QS in stock for €5 atm. Good until April next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Was in the Disney store yesterday and they had their Christmas tree ornaments out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Euro Giant in Ashbourne has the plastic sweet jar AS in stock for €5 atm. Good until April next year.

I live in Ashbourne too! Ha ha Santa's Elves are everywhere :) I saw the jars of sweets your talking about.

I was driving yesterday evening and wanted to bring a coffee in a travel mug and the best one I have is my Christmas Starbucks one - it has a snowman design - so used it last night and have it at work with me today.  I got it in Belfast about 5 years ago.

My Christmas shower curtain has arrived!:D:D

My Christmas shower curtain has arrived!:D:D
    Where did you get that??  Bathroom is about the only room that escapes....well apart from my Christmas towels :D:D

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Where did you get that??  Bathroom is about the only room that escapes....well apart from my Christmas towels :D:D

Aliexpress.....€6 + €7 postage.

Dunnes have some Christmas scented candles in and Card Factory have some boxed cards on display.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Was in Debenhams ( The Square) yesterday and shortbread biscuits and Costa coffee gift sets all on display at the tills!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement