Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas out of season 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,318 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just back from a site meeting & heard the advert for Santa's express at Palmerstown house... its slowly starting to ramp up now.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Our first work Christmas party email has been sent. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Posy wrote: »
    Our first work Christmas party email has been sent. :D

We are having a meeting tomorrow morning about our one , we are looking for more money in the budget to hire a band.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ooooooh. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It's probably not at all 'out of season' now that it's September but I noticed tubs of Quality Street, Heroes and Roses in Dunnes Stores today and Christmas cards in M&S! (I haven't checked other threads, I hope i'm not days behind the rest of ye :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,598 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

miamee wrote: »
    It's probably not at all 'out of season' now that it's September but I noticed tubs of Quality Street, Heroes and Roses in Dunnes Stores today and Christmas cards in M&S! (I haven't checked other threads, I hope i'm not days behind the rest of ye :D)

M&S appeared in the last few days tubs of sweets happened in mid August.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

M&S appeared in the last few days tubs of sweets happened in mid August.

Feck! Knew I'd be behind the times but I only noticed them both today.

Tesco have Chcocolate Kimberly, Afternoon Tea, USA and Chcolate Mikado for €10.

I know some people are big into having tins for Christmas. Spotted these in Supervalu!
    41126653_2082527118447171_2741319544470503424_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=0ba8ebff7ce3354d232c8fdce97e0f1b&oe=5BEE562D

40814671_2082527115113838_3256446944016334848_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=9ed4a5d8a6900128df1a5a5a0271bc8c&oe=5C37CF9E

41026176_2082527295113820_7954182666578821120_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=49b548c7e634028ba3fe879d083a7d56&oe=5BF51887

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Delighted it’s a tin but I ain’t paying €10 haha.

Loughc wrote: »
    Delighted it’s a tin but I ain’t paying €10 haha.

They might go to €8.

Depends on the weight, if they hold a few 100g more sweets I could stretch to €8 otherwise we'll end up making do with half a dozen plastic tubs of quality street like last year :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

First Xmas advert of the season, damn you Euro Disney!!

DvB wrote: »
    Depends on the weight, if they hold a few 100g more sweets I could stretch to €8 otherwise we'll end up making do with half a dozen plastic tubs of quality street like last year :D

I'm a big fan of the plastic tubs.
    I hate the tins. It's just for people on here who loves them In shared the image.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Card Connection in Drogheda have their Christmas selection started. I bought a box of 10 today - couldn't resist!

Tesco getting their Christmas flavours in. :)

hxmMHiD.jpg?2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Thought I put this up last week, but the NCBI shop in Navan has Christmas display.

Daddy's Home 2 is the Sky Premier Movie this week, and it's set at Christmas time :)

Although we are really inching closer and closer to being no longer out of season.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 newmem

Loughc wrote: »
    Daddy's Home 2 is the Sky Premier Movie this week, and it's set at Christmas time :)

Although we are really inching closer and closer to being no longer out of season.

:D:D:D 24 Hour Christmas Tv seems to be back earlier than usual this year. Started this moring at 9:00am. Get a celebrations box and sit back and enjoy smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

https://www.joe.ie/movies-tv/tv-station-will-showing-nothing-christmas-films-today-641750

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I mentioned last week that BBC Radio 1 would be playing their first Christmas soon and it happened yesterday afternoon. My commute home was a bit rubbish yesterday so hearing All I Want For Christmas Is You put a huge smile on my face!

Christmas is Coming! The Works, Ilac Shopping Centre.

BHj8STD.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Saw a house in Coolock decorated for Halloween, too soon? Is it a case of Halloween out of season?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I was going to decorate ours over the weekend, just on the basis of the way the month falls to ensure optimum appreciation of the decs, but then I decided I'd leave it till next weekend! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I mentioned last week that BBC Radio 1 would be playing their first Christmas soon and it happened yesterday afternoon. My commute home was a bit rubbish yesterday so hearing All I Want For Christmas Is You put a huge smile on my face!

Since when have BBC started doing this?

I'm in the UK and there's a store called The Range (I think there are a few in Ireland too) and they had their Xmas section decorated. Had to drag the wife away!

We've a new house to fill so can't wait to head back in, in November.

EZ Living appear to have a Christmas shop open in Blanch - just beside the Halloween HQ shop :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Lidl had all their lovely Christmas treats in the other week. I’ve been eating Stollen for the past two weeks!

I watched some Christmas movies on True Christmas yesterday!

It’s all starting to trickle in now! :D

I see seasons greetings section has been added to Spotify (right at the bottom)! Dunno how long its been there for but hadnt noticed it before today.

This time of year is awesome. :D

• Advertisement

Posy wrote: »
    This time of year is awesome. :D

Could we say it’s the most wonderful time of the year?? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement